• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

And buboy as his trainer????? Buboy either needs the money or Manny realized roach could do nothing else for his career at this point. I'm just hoping it's a one fight deal and he gets a real trainer for loma

#12 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

Wow.. as bad as Matthysee looked people picking him lmao... dude looked like a mummy in that last bout. He looked 60 in there!!! I am not a Pac admirerr but Pac is putting Matthyse down!!! Not being with Roach may be a good thing. At this stage Manny needs self direction and will along with a good training camp. Nothing he needs to change to fuck up Matthyse just be in shape and motivated. Matthyse looked shoty regardless to the KO he got

#13 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

5 years too late for Manny and The Machine.
  • Franchize likes this

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

5 years too late for Manny and The Machine.

Perfect timing, if you ask me. 5 years ago, Manny was recovering from a KO loss to Juan, and didn't fight til the end of the year. Matthysse was about a few weeks away from knocking out Lamont Peterson. 

You have to look at it from a casual fan's eyes....Matthysse is still this KO monster who only has 2 legit loss on his record (to Postol). He was "robbed" in the Judah and Alexander fights, and the Garcia fight was "close". 

Regardless of how shitty he looked in his last fight, all "fans" remember (if they still do) is the KO ending. So yeah, if Manny happens to stop Matthysse then he'll be "the man" again. 

Gotta love fight "fans" and their memories, which aren't that great when you think about it. Lol

#15 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Lucas has always looked like s*** in my opinion he just has a KO punch

#16 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:35 AM

Manny just fired Freddie Roach. Wow. He had to decline this much in his career to finally realize his team sucks. I just don't know what to think, makes me kind of concerned for Manny.

#17 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

So this isn't shocking. Manny isn't the sane 20 million fighter he use to be. Freddie ain't cheap. Buboy will cost his 5k.
  • Franchize likes this

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

One minute, Roach is out. The next minute, Manny says the split isn't final. Waaaaay too much drama going on in boxing right now. 

#19 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

One minute, Roach is out. The next minute, Manny says the split isn't final. Waaaaay too much drama going on in boxing right now.

Oh let's not forget the beef Broner has with some drugged out looking transexual rapper. Swear, he looks like a white version of Lil Wayne. How the fuck did Broner get into it with a tranny rapper. Apparently the rapper is a blood, if that's true, Crips stock went way the fuck up.
  • KSUN247 likes this

#20 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

Im with Dolo on this one. Manny is a shell of himself being put in the ring with another has been. Fuck you paying premium prices for Freddy with this scraped together card? It's like when you see trash ass basketball players at the park with mad equipment on. Shooting sleeves, NBA apparel and accessories, mouth pieces, $50 basketballs etc. Just to get on the court, look like trash and get their ass busted. I'm like "damn my dude...you coulda did that in some Payless rejects." Manny is saving his money. End of the day, this fight is real simple. Be faster to the punch than Lucas, confuse him with movement/footwork and make sure you don't get hit with anything big. Manny don't need to break the bank on Freddy to figure that out. Shit...gimme 1/16th that and I'l train the mfer lol

• Cshel86, AZWildCat, Dolimite and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users