Photo

Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Hurd vs. Lara/Truax-DeGale II (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

Guys,

Big tripleheader tonight on Showtime Championship boxing.  Featuring Hurd-Truax in a rematch for the IBF Super Middleweight Title and a WBA/IBF Super Welterweight Championship unification between Hurd and Lara.

Jack

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:46 PM

I think Lara wins, Truax wins again and J-Rock wins. 

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Hate I’m missing this one, but I’m at the Big Krit concert.

Williams/Gallimore: J-Rock better have his hard hat on tonight, because Gallimore is a tough nut to crack. Gallimore can be a bit sloppy and swing for the fences, so hopefully, Williams works behind the jab. I don’t know if it’s Williams’s chicken legs or what, but he always seems kinda frail in there. When he fought Charlo, he looked like the one who struggled to make weight, rather than Charlo. Gallimore keeps the peek a boo guard up and throws wild ass hooks all night long. I’m going to call this one an upset....Gallimore stops Williams.

Truax/Degale: I believe we’ve seen the best of Degale...Truax ain’t no hoe and he’s champ now....so you know he’s gassed up because of it. Degale is capable of executing a pretty disciplined game plan, but he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove....that’ll be his undoing.Truax upsets him early.

Lara/Hurd: As you all know, I tuckin hate Lara, so I’m sending up a selfish prayer that he gets mowed down tonight. However, Hurd is a big stalker and tends to square up, so I can see him getting shook up early. I don’t know what he has for Lara, but if Angulo can do op him twice, Hurd can do the same at this point. Hurd by TKO while cutting off the ring...near the ropes where Lara’s vulnerable.
  • KSUN247 likes this

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:50 PM

I admittedly don't know much about Gallimore. I've only seen 2 fights of his. He gets hit and squares up way too much for me. If JRock fights smartly and covers up after he throws, he should win on points. Gallimore can take a shot...let him keep taking them. 

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:56 PM

Degale's face already looks lumped up. I thought Jim Gray was giving a post fight interview. I was like damn...how'd I miss the fight? lol

#6 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

I think Gallimore is more tired than buzzed

#7 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:53 AM

This is the first time I actually seen Hurd fight, and I like Hurd a lot. Dude is a fighter, I like his charisma, and his attitude. He's just in there to fight and win money, and how can you not respect that. i wish him, his career, and his family the best. HOWEVER, there's one thing I'm a bit concerned about. He can't be fighting dudes his height and size that way. If he thinks he's gonna fight Canelo, GGG, or the Charlo brothers like that, he's going to get surprised. Especially Canelo (minus the PEDs) and Jermall Charlo. They're gonna eat him up. But I haven't seen Lara smothered like that since he fought Paul Wiliams; some guys are in there to fight, no bullshit, and that's what I want to see more of from Hurd.

• flazi likes this

#8 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

Williams vs Gallimore

Gallimore, as I said before, gets hit entirely too much. He was banking on being able to overwhelmed J Rock with power. Williams got rocked a few times but has the wherewithal to smother when he did. I never am a fan of fighters with no defense because the question is, after a guy takes your best punch and is still there, then what?

Truax vs DeGale

Firstly, James DeGale's corner did a horrible job with that cut. I know you can't expect a corner to always be able to stop a cut like that, but they barely put any grease on it and it was leaking each time before he reached the stool. At least let the fight action cause it to bleed again. Overall, nevertheless, I thought James did enough to win. TRuax, by his own admission, came out flat. Where he was effective with his aggression in the 1st fight, he kinda just fell in and smothered his own work this time.

Lara vs Hurd

Damn Shel you missed a great one lol A action packed Lara fight! :good: I, like many who watched, thought the difference was the knock down. Lara got dropped because his eye was closed and his corner did an AWFUL job between rounds addressing the swelling as did DeGale's corner with his cut. Ronnie seemed frustrated with Lara's help as well (taking too long with the water etc) Either way, great fight. Hurd's defense wasn't up to par but he didn't square up as much. He clearly worked on his footwork. Dude is relentless and his body work clearly paid dividends. If he can survive the early rounds, I think he can beat Charlo but he MUST work on that defense. He can't be getting hit like that vs Charlo (which Charlo made his business to mention). 

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#9 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Williams vs Gallimore

Gallimore, as I said before, gets hit entirely too much. He was banking on being able to overwhelmed J Rock with power. Williams got rocked a few times but has the wherewithal to smother when he did. I never am a fan of fighters with no defense because the question is, after a guy takes your best punch and is still there, then what?

Truax vs DeGale

Firstly, James DeGale's corner did a horrible job with that cut. I know you can't expect a corner to always be able to stop a cut like that, but they barely put any grease on it and it was leaking each time before he reached the stool. At least let the fight action cause it to bleed again. Overall, nevertheless, I thought James did enough to win. TRuax, by his own admission, came out flat. Where he was effective with his aggression in the 1st fight, he kinda just fell in and smothered his own work this time.

Lara vs Hurd

Damn Shel you missed a great one lol A action packed Lara fight! :good: I, like many who watched, thought the difference was the knock down. Lara got dropped because his eye was closed and his corner did an AWFUL job between rounds addressing the swelling as did DeGale's corner with his cut. Ronnie seemed frustrated with Lara's help as well (taking too long with the water etc) Either way, great fight. Hurd's defense wasn't up to par but he didn't square up as much. He clearly worked on his footwork. Dude is relentless and his body work clearly paid dividends. If he can survive the early rounds, I think he can beat Charlo but he MUST work on that defense. He can't be getting hit like that vs Charlo (which Charlo made his business to mention). 

My take on the fights:

Williams-Gallimore- Good fight that got more one-sided toward the end.  114-114 draw was terrible.  Other cards fine. I don't think Galimore won more than four rounds.

Truax-DeGale-  Had it even in rounds, but the point deduction from Degale, I thought should have given Truax the win 114-113.  The New York Judge who had it like 117-110 DeGale, was obviously on Mayweather's or Haymon's payroll. LOL!

Hurd-Lara-  I got my body so conditioned to sleep through this, and WTF do we get?  An action fight from Lara and one that I want to watch again? LOL!  I must still be dreaming!  This seemed like a 6-6 to 7-5 type of fight either way.  I thought Hurd won two of the first three rounds.  But this was pretty much back and forth, really good boxing and some brawling.  If Lara would have fought like that more, he might not be on the losing end of close decisions so much. I thought Hurd took it by a point or two because of the knockdown. 114-113 for Hurd x2 and 114-113 for Lara were very good scores.

Good quality fights!  At least the two bad scorecards tonight were nullified with proper scores.

Jack

• flazi likes this

#10 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:22 PM

Solid night for all. I cant complain about the outcomes. Thats a first in a long time.

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users