#1 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,021 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:28 AM

This is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!! That is all...

Maybe not all, but this is what we get. Andrade has been screaming for the fight. Easily hes a more credible opponent than Vanes. In fact he beat Vanes. GGG is already kind of polarizing to a lot of fans because they say his resume is weak. I believe he's a great fighter, but this shit is not going to register with those people on the fence.

He stops Martirosyan in 4 rounds or less. Martirosyan hasnt fought in 2 years. WTF!!! No tuneup, and he gets to move up in weight against the top guy at 160. His timing will be off and he wont have a full camp. Expect a highlight reel KO.

Edited by The Original MrFactor, 22 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.

• Franchize and Dolimite like this

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:44 AM

Yawn
  • flazi likes this

#3 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

3 weeks to fight someone. can ya do

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:27 PM

He had more than 3 respectable options. This shit here is a slap in the face
  • KSUN247 likes this

#5 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:41 PM

This makes other HBO mismatches look good.  Fuck!  But what can you do?  HBO reportedly doesn't have the money needed for the IBF mandatory.  They have really tanked with boxing since the AT&T merger.  Canelo needs a "stay busy" opponent..  Will will still pan to do a round-by-round for the fight May 5th.  But the big question is "Who cares about this fight?"  There is no reason to care.

Jacobs is fighting another bum next week.  Logically, we should have had Golovkin-Jacobs II.  Problem is that this makes too much sense, and it puts the Canelo rematch in jeopardy.  Many felt Jacobs pulled out that first fight, or at least could have gotten a draw.

Jack

• flazi likes this

#6 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:32 AM

Get used to it, because GGG is now a sympathetic figure to many since Canelo got busted. So unless he's fighting Canelo again, he'll get away with fighting bums for AT LEAST a year. Vanes isn't a bum per se, but he also isn't a true middleweight, he's had a long layoff and he's fighting on super short notice. Truthfully, if we're being honest and fair, the moment the Canelo fight was confirmed to be off, Jacobs opponent should have been getting step aside money. Honestly, I don't think GGG wants that rematch. It's just as tough a fight as the Canelo fight with half the fanfare. I don't expect him to jump in the ring with Charlo any time soon either. This is one of the negative consequences of Canelo's test that people haven't mentioned.

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#7 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

He had more than 3 respectable options. This shit here is a slap in the face

who? charlo, jacobs or that other eastern european dude why should he fight them on 3 weeks notice? this is literally now a stay busy fight.

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:29 PM

who? charlo, jacobs or that other eastern european dude why should he fight them on 3 weeks notice? this is literally now a stay busy fight.

Andrade, Ramirez and insert which ever other fighter that Said they would also.

I didn't say hey ______ got fight ggg on 3 weeks notice!

They spoke up themselves and said hey I'm in shape right now I'm ready.

Wasn't Pacquiaos break out fight on 1 or two weeks notice?

#9 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:50 PM

Andrade, Ramirez and insert which ever other fighter that Said they would also.

I didn't say hey ______ got fight ggg on 3 weeks notice!

They spoke up themselves and said hey I'm in shape right now I'm ready.

Wasn't Pacquiaos break out fight on 1 or two weeks notice?

Sorry I should of made myself more clear, no one with 3 weeks notice at the top of the sport is going to risk it vs a legit contender. Obviously if your on the other end your going to jump at the chance, but the "A" side never will. 

• flazi likes this

#10 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,637 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

Could they at least have dressed these guys up and rented a hotel ballroom to have a short presser? Help me out here, did I miss it? These guys faced off in the gym, like they were getting ready to spar. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users