Photo

ESPN@8PM(PT)/5PM(PT)-Linares vs. Lomanchenko-SPOILERS (No HBO Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

See what I'm saying? Now Tessitore is screaming for Loma now that he stopped Linares. Smh

Good thing for Linares, he may have a rematch under his belt. He gave it his all, but allowed Loma to get off a bit way too early in the fight. 

#42 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

Damn.

What the hell was that...

#43 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:07 PM

My bad....it was a left to the body that dropped and finished Linares. 

#44 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Man fuck Lomachenko....only because I don't like how they blow this dude. I swear they were nervous as hell in the 6th and started making excuses by the 9th, now he's the GOAT. Again, likable fighter, horrible "fans" and media attention. 

• flazi likes this

#45 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:14 PM

God damn.

That body shot landed clean. I've taken a few of those and these are the kind of shots that just take your legs.

Credit to Lomachenko. He was landing punches upstairs to the point where Linares had no choice but to raise his guard a little...and it was just enough for Loma to get in that body shot.

Incredible fight and I want to see a re-match.

Linares is a straight up dog. Excellent fighter with solid technique and the heart of a warrior. 

I would like to see Linares fight with his original trainer, Ismael Salas, in his corner. I don't think it would necessarily change the result, but I think Linares has made Lomachenko look the most human (Salido is a close 2nd in my book).

Even if they can't get the rematch made immediately, I'd love to see both of these guys back in the ring in separate fights because they're just so much fun to watch. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#46 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:15 PM

Man fuck Lomachenko....only because I don't like how they blow this dude. I swear they were nervous as hell in the 6th and started making excuses by the 9th, now he's the GOAT. Again, likable fighter, horrible "fans" and media attention. 

I hear ya...it's like LeBron fans (or, Stans I should say ?) for me. LeBron's great and all that but his fans make out to be Jesus haha

#47 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

God damn.

That body shot landed clean. I've taken a few of those and these are the kind of shots that just take your legs.

Credit to Lomachenko. He was landing punches upstairs to the point where Linares had no choice but to raise his guard a little...and it was just enough for Loma to get in that body shot.

Incredible fight and I want to see a re-match.

Linares is a straight up dog. Excellent fighter with solid technique and the heart of a warrior. 

I would like to see Linares fight with his original trainer, Ismael Salas, in his corner. I don't think it would necessarily change the result, but I think Linares has made Lomachenko look the most human (Salido is a close 2nd in my book).

Even if they can't get the rematch made immediately, I'd love to see both of these guys back in the ring in separate fights because they're just so much fun to watch. 

CLEAN! As Roy would say, "You couldn't AXE for a better body shot than that!"

• flazi and MaxPayne like this

#48 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:17 PM

I hear ya...it's like LeBron fans (or, Stans I should say ?) for me. LeBron's great and all that but his fans make out to be Jesus haha

Man listen! The garbage and shit-ass Lebron hate train is never late, lol. You can already expect April through June to be a "Bron Bron is better den Jordan doe" rebuttal. 

• MaxPayne likes this

#49 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:19 PM

CLEAN! As Roy would say, "You couldn't AXE for a better body shot than that!"

LOL

#50 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

I can't in good conscience put a guy with 12 professional fights as the Number 1 Pound for Pound Fighter in the world.

In my book, that honor goes to Terrence Crawford.

However, after wins against Walters, Rigo, Russell Jr. and now Linares (3 of which were stoppages), I think I'm ready to give Lomachenko the Number 2 spot.

He may not be as great as they say he is, but he's great enough in my eyes.

Lomachenko fights I would love to see from here on out: Mikey Garcia, Linares Rematch, Salido Rematch, Russell Jr. Rematch and maybe Robert Easter Jr. 

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users