Photo

ESPN@8PM(PT)/5PM(PT)-Linares vs. Lomanchenko-SPOILERS (No HBO Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#51 MaxPayne

MaxPayne

Welterweight

• Moderators
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

One more thing to point out: I think 135 lbs. is as high as Lomachenko can go, frankly.

It's not his frame that is the problem but also issues with his arm length.

Some guys just have the unique ability to go up more than 3 weight classes but I think it's important to be realistic based on each fighter's physical profile.

#52 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

Exactly what I thought would happen. Linares would give Lomachenko trouble and then fade. I was nevertheless disappointed in 'jorge becauae I felt he coulda continued if he wanted to. 

Side note: not trying to create a race war here but seriously, if Lomachenko was black, nobody would be calling him the best p4p fighter alive. The dude is supremely talented but cmon. He has like 12 fights. Dude has 12 fights, an L and has been dropped and some ppl are saying he is better than all time greats of his division. 

• MAHDI likes this

#53 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:16 AM

I thought Linares was winning the fight until the stoppage. He faded bad. Wasn't surprised, just disappointed. Linares was never impressive to me but he left Freddie Roach and got better so I was hoping he could show something different tonight. Boy showed he got hands, but still doesn't have the conditioning to fight at that level.

I thought he exposed a little bit of Lomachenko. Just earlier I had watched Lomachenko's fight with Salido, because I wanted to understand how Salido beat him, and I see it now. Loma is straight up and down, he tries to smother fighters, he's got fast hands, and constant combinations, and he'll move in on you, smothering your output, twist and turn you so he can get away, and that's worked on most guys, but Salido wasn't having it. Salido threw combinations with every exchange, he roughed Lomachenko up. And that's what Linares showed what can be done again here. Linares was able to keep Loma away with the jab, and let his hands go when Loma tried to smother him, that's why Loma looked like the Salido fight in there. You got to rough Loma up, and when he's on the outside, control him with a good jab. Easy way to beat him with the right skill set and ability to endure for 12 rounds.

But regardless, Loma wins again, and is being compared to the greats. I could picture Terrence Crawford or Tank Davis beating him tbh.

• flazi, Cshel86 and MAHDI like this

#54 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

He's beatable it's just about who's gonna do it at this point
  • MAHDI likes this

#55 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:33 AM

Exactly what I thought would happen. Linares would give Lomachenko trouble and then fade. I was nevertheless disappointed in 'jorge becauae I felt he coulda continued if he wanted to. 

Side note: not trying to create a race war here but seriously, if Lomachenko was black, nobody would be calling him the best p4p fighter alive. The dude is supremely talented but cmon. He has like 12 fights. Dude has 12 fights, an L and has been dropped and some ppl are saying he is better than all time greats of his division. 

Definitely beatable.. Linares was getting off 4 punch combos.  Tank Davis would KO'd Linares  inside 5

I thought Linares was winning the fight until the stoppage. He faded bad. Wasn't surprised, just disappointed. Linares was never impressive to me but he left Freddie Roach and got better so I was hoping he could show something different tonight. Boy showed he got hands, but still doesn't have the conditioning to fight at that level.

I thought he exposed a little bit of Lomachenko. Just earlier I had watched Lomachenko's fight with Salido, because I wanted to understand how Salido beat him, and I see it now. Loma is straight up and down, he tries to smother fighters, he's got fast hands, and constant combinations, and he'll move in on you, smothering your output, twist and turn you so he can get away, and that's worked on most guys, but Salido wasn't having it. Salido threw combinations with every exchange, he roughed Lomachenko up. And that's what Linares showed what can be done again here. Linares was able to keep Loma away with the jab, and let his hands go when Loma tried to smother him, that's why Loma looked like the Salido fight in there. You got to rough Loma up, and when he's on the outside, control him with a good jab. Easy way to beat him with the right skill set and ability to endure for 12 rounds.

But regardless, Loma wins again, and is being compared to the greats. I could picture Terrence Crawford or Tank Davis beating him tbh.

Tyson Fury called it prior to the bout..., Linares was not tough enough.. Had the tools though and was handling Loma

Edited by MAHDI, 13 May 2018 - 10:34 AM.

• flazi likes this

#56 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Easter would fade.. Tank Davis is skilled and powerful. He hits like a welter. I think he could give Loma alot to worry about. 

#57 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

This was a good highly technical, high action fight. Rare that we see both of those descriptions for a fight. Usually one or the other. Lomachenko continues to show how special he is. Linares is still world class.

#58 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

The Fan Boy cum party that people have for Lomo may rival Pactards...
If he were black no one would care.
He beat a blown up and old Rigo, Walters was a good win, Salido beat him and he ain't asking for a rematch, Gary Russell wants a rematch but Lomo is saying no. Mikey Garcia wants it and depending where Tank Davis is in an year, that would be fun. I think Mikey has too much game for Lomo. The funny thing is sports writers are calling him the best fighter, not Spence or Crawford but a guy who has 12 fights and 1 lost....wtf.
  • flazi likes this

#59 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Mikey toasts loma.

#60 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

You can't be pound for pound best with 12 fights and 1 lost on your record..dude had 1 fight at 135 and all of a sudden he is unbeatable. I know Salido is like wtf! If I am Crawford, Spence, Charlo, Garcia,the Thai fighter, I would be a little vexed. 13 fuckin fights? 12 fights and he is already the GOAT?
  • flazi and Franchize like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users