Photo

HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Ali vs. Munguia/Vargas vs. Hovhannisyan (No ESPN Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:00 AM

He's probably pickings for the likes of Poo-Poo Andrade, Charlo, and even Hurd. All of those guys are the ideal 154 lb size....anywhere from 5'10 -6'1, so he'll have to match those guys in size and strength.

Andrade at 160, Charlo could be entertaining, Hurd has to be out boxed your not stopping that dude he's like a train.
  • flazi likes this

#22 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:01 AM

I said Smith for a reason get some money and some exposure before the vultures arrive

#23 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

Ali has no business at 154. He looks like he could lose the weight and make 147. As for Munguai, I'd like to see him against a legit middleweight. He's clearly a 160 lber. Had no business in the ring with Ali. It looked like Canelo vs Khan. Hard to evaluate this dude because, while he got hit, he clearly didn't respect Ali's power. There was nothing Sadam could do. Dude was hellbent on tearing his head off. As for Rozier, I like him as a trainer but he dropped the ball last night. That fight should have been stopped way sooner. 

• flazi likes this

#24 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

Something about this fight didn’t seem right. I think Sadaam Ali was set up. That young buck was a very big MW fighting at JMW. I think Liam Smith was paid to sit this one out, so the powers that be could get their guy in.
  • flazi and Cshel86 like this

#25 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

Ali has no business at 154. He looks like he could lose the weight and make 147. As for Munguai, I'd like to see him against a legit middleweight. He's clearly a 160 lber. Had no business in the ring with Ali. It looked like Canelo vs Khan. Hard to evaluate this dude because, while he got hit, he clearly didn't respect Ali's power. There was nothing Sadam could do. Dude was hellbent on tearing his head off. As for Rozier, I like him as a trainer but he dropped the ball last night. That fight should have been stopped way sooner. 

The writing was on the wall and his handlers are sick as shit for this move. We all know fighters are prideful men, but dude....don't put yourself in a position where you're trying to be a badass for boxing "fans" and the "media". 

He'll only be remembered for getting knocked out by Vargas, being used as a sacrificial lamb for Cotto....all to find himself in a division of hardhitters and getting smacked up by a last-minute replacement. 

Sad stuff man. 

• flazi and AZWildCat like this

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Something about this fight didn’t seem right. I think Sadaam Ali was set up. That young buck was a very big MW fighting at JMW. I think Liam Smith was paid to sit this one out, so the powers that be could get their guy in.

They set him up for the Cotto fight, but it ended up backfiring on both of them. He beat Cotto and found himself with a title in the lion's den aka the Jr. Middleweight division. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users