Photo

Garcia vs Easter-Preview and Predictions Poll Added!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Easter vs Garcia (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Easter by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Easter by Decision (Close) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Easter by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Garcia by Decision (Wide) (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

5. Garcia by Decision (Close) (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. Garcia by KO/TKO (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ/No Contest/Cuts/Injury (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

Never really been a Robert Easter fan. He has the physical tools but not enough ring savvy IMO. I got Mikey winning this. Wouldn't be surprised if Easter's length gives Mikey some problems early and makes him uncomfortable though. 

Sidenote: Bunny is a real lame boxing nick name. It's up there with Boo Boo. 

Hated that Boo Boo shit since day one. Why won't he just let it die already? 

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

I'm assuming an official announcement is around the corner for this one, eh?

#13 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Bunny is pretty soft. Nothing scary about a bunny.

Unless it's that bunny rabbit from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Straight Killer! LOL! :lol:

• flazi likes this

#14 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

I feel a Corrales-Mayweather type of fight oncoming... Bunny had a few wars back to back and he's about to take that elite level step up in comp. From the training I've seen they both want it badddd

#15 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Easter, like many Black fighters,talented does not seem to be in good enough condition. I see him withering down the stretch. Mexicans, Russians etc...seem to fight harder down the stretch...Easter will lose this

#16 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Easter, like many Black fighters,talented does not seem to be in good enough condition. I see him withering down the stretch. Mexicans, Russians etc...seem to fight harder down the stretch...Easter will lose this

wtf?  mayweather?  canelo fades down the stretch, he's mexican.  Morales use to fade until he moved up.  this has nothing to do with race but with training and weight.  dude is way too big for 135.  when you cut too much weight you will suffer in the cardio part.

• Franchize and MAHDI like this

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:46 AM

I feel a Corrales-Mayweather type of fight oncoming... Bunny had a few wars back to back and he's about to take that elite level step up in comp. From the training I've seen they both want it badddd

Hopefully he's learned from those wars....those wars that he got himself in. When he uses his advantages, he's well off. I like the fact that he can brawl when needed, but let's be honest here, he's been beating himself in his recent fights and had no reason to be in those situations. I was most nervous for him in the Fortuna fight. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#18 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

wtf?  mayweather?  canelo fades down the stretch, he's mexican.  Morales use to fade until he moved up.  this has nothing to do with race but with training and weight.  dude is way too big for 135.  when you cut too much weight you will suffer in the cardio part.

lol. I am Black myself so pardon my use of race.. It may be inappropriate but just my honest thoughts based on obvsersation over years. Yes There are exceptions.. Mayweeather definitely was exceptional. Canelo seems to have improved stamina. In general Mexicans and Russians seem more focused than Black fighters and better conditioned come fight night on average... This is my view. When I think of guys like Broner, Tank Davis prior to his last bout, Zab Judah from the past... Just seems as if the black fighter is more susceptible to distractions, not traiming hard, being out of shape. Of course you have the Julio Cesar Chavez could be cited to debunk my viewpoints, but on average Mexicans and Russians come to fight and fight hard. Mexicans in particular are busy with their hands. A lazy Black fighter like Broner will always have problems with a Mexican fighter who is in shape and come to move those hands lol. I see Garcia  outwilling and out working Easter. 

Edited by MAHDI, 22 June 2018 - 04:32 PM.

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#19 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

lol. I am Black myself so pardon my use of race.. It may be inappropriate but just my honest thoughts based on obvsersation over years. Yes There are exceptions.. Mayweeather definitely was exceptional. Canelo seems to have improved stamina. In general Mexicans and Russians seem more focused than Black fighters and better conditioned come fight night on average... This is my view. When I think of guys like Broner, Tank Davis prior to his last bout, Zab Judah from the past... Just seems as if the black fighter is more susceptible to distractions, not traiming hard, being out of shape. Of course you have the Julio Cesar Chavez could be cited to debunk my viewpoints, but on average Mexicans and Russians come to fight and fight hard. Mexicans in particular are busy with their hands. A lazy Black fighter like Broner will always have problems with a Mexican fighter who is in shape and come to move those hands lol. I see Garcia  outwilling and out working Easter. 

so far tank has been bringing it. he had that one exception when he didn't make weight but i do see your point.  the flashy black guys do seem to get distracted but lets forget about badou jack, spence, the charlos, crawford, etc.  i think that when boxing isn't your main focus or when you start believing the press clippings then you will drift, hence Broner and judah also see victor ortiz.

• MAHDI likes this

#20 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

Now we got berto vs Alexander on the card as well
  • Cshel86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users