Photo

Garcia vs Easter-Preview and Predictions Poll Added!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Easter vs Garcia (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins?

1. Easter by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Easter by Decision (Close) (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Easter by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Garcia by Decision (Wide) (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

5. Garcia by Decision (Close) (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

6. Garcia by KO/TKO (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ/No Contest/Cuts/Injury (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#21 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Now we got berto vs Alexander on the card as well

Hmmm that oughta be an interesting scrap. Battle of the has beens.  :good:

• Cshel86 likes this

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:12 AM

lol. I am Black myself so pardon my use of race.. It may be inappropriate but just my honest thoughts based on obvsersation over years. Yes There are exceptions.. Mayweeather definitely was exceptional. Canelo seems to have improved stamina. In general Mexicans and Russians seem more focused than Black fighters and better conditioned come fight night on average... This is my view. When I think of guys like Broner, Tank Davis prior to his last bout, Zab Judah from the past... Just seems as if the black fighter is more susceptible to distractions, not traiming hard, being out of shape. Of course you have the Julio Cesar Chavez could be cited to debunk my viewpoints, but on average Mexicans and Russians come to fight and fight hard. Mexicans in particular are busy with their hands. A lazy Black fighter like Broner will always have problems with a Mexican fighter who is in shape and come to move those hands lol. I see Garcia  outwilling and out working Easter. 

I don't mean to butt in, but I just wanted you to know I understand your point a bit clearer than I did initially. In most cases, you're right. Black fighters tend to rely on certain things that don't always add up. 

Yes, most black fighters are confident....sometimes, too confident. Most of them rely on trash talking, their power, their reflexes, etc....until they're in against a game fighter who wont' back down. The best example I can think of at this time is Andre Dirrell. Dude has the tools to be great, but as soon as his opponent doesn't fold and outworks him, he's practically a beaten fighter. 

There are definitely non-black fighters who also fall under this observation, so I get it. 

• flazi, AZWildCat and MAHDI like this

#23 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

Now we got berto vs Alexander on the card as well

I like this one! Folks are already talking bad about it, but they'll more than likely watch anyway. It's kinda hard to look good against Devon and it's also hard for Devon to look good if he's too overzealous and gets sloppy in there. 

I believe the lefty/righty situation will suck a bit of air out of this one, but nonetheless, I can see a cat & mouse game an occasional shootout in the middle rounds. 

#24 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

I like this one! Folks are already talking bad about it, but they'll more than likely watch anyway. It's kinda hard to look good against Devon and it's also hard for Devon to look good if he's too overzealous and gets sloppy in there. 

I believe the lefty/righty situation will suck a bit of air out of this one, but nonetheless, I can see a cat & mouse game an occasional shootout in the middle rounds.

Ends in a TKO

#25 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

Ends in a TKO

IDK about that one but I doubt it's a stinker

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Ends in a TKO

The only way I can see that is if Alexander sets a trap that makes Berto overcommit and catches him rushing inside. Devon setting traps is a tall order at this point, but his timing seemed to have been better in the Ortiz fight, so we'll see. 

IDK about that one but I doubt it's a stinker

This is Devon's last chance to make good on an opportunity and Berto is pretty much finished at the top tier.....so the one who has the most to lose, needs to be cautious.

So yeah....Devon's gonna have to fight a smart fight against a guy in Berto who has nothing to lose but surely doesn't wanna get knocked out. I'm not even sure Devon has the power to stop guys at WW, but he was on pills for a while. Who knows what he has left. 

#27 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:22 PM

Berto is a steamroller fighter, a bull. Devon wants to be more offensive and prove that he can pop.This fight will be what people think GGG and Canelo will be, toe to toe, two fighters swinging for another shot at glory. Winner gets that bitch Thurman.
  • MAHDI likes this

#28 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Berto is going to slap around Devon, but Devon will hit him with some good shots

• Cshel86 likes this

#29 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

Berto is a steamroller fighter, a bull. Devon wants to be more offensive and prove that he can pop.This fight will be what people think GGG and Canelo will be, toe to toe, two fighters swinging for another shot at glory. Winner gets that bitch Thurman.

lol.. Bitch is the right adjective.Thurman use  to have the  nerve to be calling out Floyd mayweather when he was an unknown... even had Dick Vitale who don't know shit about boxing call out Floyd on his behalf one night on ESPN lmao... Thurman better pick his comeback opponent carefully...

Edited by MAHDI, 30 June 2018 - 04:17 PM.

#30 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Keith knows what he's doing. Letting the landscape shift without having to fight any dangerous names he can safely avoiding in hiatus.
  • Franchize likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users