Photo

Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)- Russell Jr. vs. Diaz and Stevenson vs. Jack (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#181 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Stevenson/Jack was rightly judged a draw. Badou didn't do Jack in the first several rounds. 5 or 6 feeling out rounds. Stevenson did enough to bank 5 of the 6 first rounds and won one big late which equals a draw.

Gary Russel Jr is NOT special. Blistering hand speed and nothing else. Great kid. He seems to be everything Broner is not. He's just not special. Sorry to say. Maybe he needs to be an asshole. I dont know what it is. 

#182 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

Stevenson/Jack was rightly judged a draw. Badou didn't do Jack in the first several rounds. 5 or 6 feeling out rounds. Stevenson did enough to bank 5 of the 6 first rounds and won one big late which equals a draw.

Gary Russel Jr is NOT special. Blistering hand speed and nothing else. Great kid. He seems to be everything Broner is not. He's just not special. Sorry to say. Maybe he needs to be an asshole. I dont know what it is. 

I see what you did there! 

:lol:

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#183 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

This fight resembled Peterson vs Garcia so much. End of the fight, you knew exactly who you wanted to be if you had to choose, yet because how boxing is scored, you can't be mad at the draw. I had this debate with my dad. He said Jack clearly won the fight. Then he said "I had it 7-5." I saw a lot of people saying that. Well guess what? If a judge disagrees on just one round, you have yourself what... EXACTLY. End of the day, the true vets, the greats, know how to construct a round. They know when to step on the gas, when to by time and rest and how to win swing rounds where nothing really happened. Jack needs to work on that 

• Cshel86 likes this

#184 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

This fight resembled Peterson vs Garcia so much. End of the fight, you knew exactly who you wanted to be if you had to choose, yet because how boxing is scored, you can't be mad at the draw. I had this debate with my dad. He said Jack clearly won the fight. Then he said "I had it 7-5." I saw a lot of people saying that. Well guess what? If a judge disagrees on just one round, you have yourself what... EXACTLY. End of the day, the true vets, the greats, know how to construct a round. They know when to step on the gas, when to by time and rest and how to win swing rounds where nothing really happened. Jack needs to work on that 

A tale as old as time and I wholeheartedly agree! If you're not talking 8-4, then 7-5 will automatically put you in the 6-6 pond if you aren't careful. 7-5 is just too close to call at the end of the day. Lol.

And yes, Jack is one of those "too little too late" fighters. I think that 1st round KO loss to Edwards put him in a shell and forced him to be overly cautious in the early rounds. Who knows though. 

#185 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:17 AM

Stevenson will give him a rematch. I just hope it is in Vegas. Adonis needs to STFU about the judges too. He's upset that he got a draw and there were no Canadian judges to score the fight fairly. He blamed that on Mayweather pulling the Okey Doke on them. LOL!

#186 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

Steveson was not that sharp and the layoff toll showed but gutted it out. I think he improves the next time out. Jack can feel confident but not too confident. The body shot that hurt him could end up being on his chin the next time out. Jack did not suprise me. I knew that he would bring it, but I think he was suprised Adonis would trade going to the body with him. The fight was good and a rematch will be good

Edited by MAHDI, 29 May 2018 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users