Photo

Danny Garcia vs Shawn Porter Set for Sept. 8th

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Garcia vs Porter (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Garcia by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Garcia by Decision (Close) (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. Garcia by KO/TKO (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Porter by Decision (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Porter by Decision (Close) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Porter by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

8. DQ/Cut/Injury (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

This is one of those fights where I'll be surprised if there's any wrinkles or surprised in terms of tactics. You pretty much know what each guy is coming to the table with. It's just about who can implement their style and execute most effectively. That said, who do you guys think need to get off to the better start? I'm leaning towards Danny. He has to, at the very least, weather the storm Porter is gonna bring to him. He can't start off the fight looking overwhelmed. Even if he loses a few rounds, he has to establish himself and earn respect with his power. Otherwise, Porter is going to bully him like he did Paulie Malinaggi and Andre Berto. 

Porter looked to have an improved jab and movement against Berto. He showed a variety of punches. Porter can box and when he jabs he gets off well and actually has a good hard jab. Porter may surprise Garcia with a varying attack. If porter could ever vary his attack he can be an even more dangerous fighter. A dangerous fight for Garcia

#12 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Porter looked to have an improved jab and movement against Berto. He showed a variety of punches. Porter can box and when he jabs he gets off well and actually has a good hard jab. Porter may surprise Garcia with a varying attack. If porter could ever vary his attack he can be an even more dangerous fighter. A dangerous fight for Garcia

Porter can definitely box, but I know what he's coming in to do. He's coming to rough Danny up and get in his chest. Now Porter aint some meathead club fighter. He will come in behind his jab. He does show good head movement at times and can change angles with his footwork pretty well. That said, I'd be shocked if Porter boxes from the outside for more than 20 consecutive seconds of this fight. 

• flazi and MAHDI like this

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Is there a date set for this one? I'm hearing something like Aug 25, but I could be wrong. 

#14 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

Every time I think about this fight, I start to feel a little bad for Garcia. Even if he wins, this fight is going to be so ugly. Shawn is going to try to maul him and he's going to get cut smh. I just have this bad feeling we're going to see Shawn, who seems like a nice guy, apologizing like he did vs Berto. But hey, I could be wrong I was wrong about Crawford vs Horn potentially being closer than expected 

• Cshel86 likes this

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Someone is going to do an ugly cry like Oliver McCall.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#16 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:38 PM

Rios was a warm up for the porter fight expect much of the same. Him and porter honestly don't gas out to bad if at all. i still see Garcia as the better boxer and puncher. Garcia has had his fair share of cherries but swift is a advertised
  • Cshel86 likes this

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

Poll added and the fight's officially announced!

PS: F*ck Porter and his corny hairstyle and those straight-off-the-shelf K&G suits! Him and his pops.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#18 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

Poll added and the fight's officially announced!

PS: F*ck Porter and his corny hairstyle and those straight-off-the-shelf K&G suits! Him and his pops.

Damn son!
It will be an ugly fight. Shawn won't let Danny have the distance to tee off. Those are Joseph E. Banks suites.
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#19 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Sticking to my original assessment Garcia in a hook n lunge ko 8 to 11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users