15 replies to this topic

#1 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 27 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Great matchup of Dad's. LOL. I think Brother Mouzone takes out the Puerto Rican Stallion in 1 round. As for the son's. I got it as a Majority Draw at the end. Danny gets pushed around early then starts timing Porter late 115 -113, 114-114, 114-114 will be the cards. Good fight. Love seeing top dudes fighting each other. Makes for classics. Love seeing dads fight too...

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:22 AM

Great matchup of Dad's. LOL. I think Brother Mouzone takes out the Puerto Rican Stallion in 1 round. As for the son's. I got it as a Majority Draw at the end. Danny gets pushed around early then starts timing Porter late 115 -113, 114-114, 114-114 will be the cards. Good fight. Love seeing top dudes fighting each other. Makes for classics. Love seeing dads fight too...

Kenny is nauseating. Angel is on coke. Fireworks!!
Expect headbutts and lots of breakups during the fight. I see the ref being heavily involved. I am not sure what ref they will pick but whoever's the ref, dude gonna earn his paycheck. Not sure how this one goes.. a split decision at best.
  • Franchize likes this

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:37 PM

Call me crazy but I'm calling it now.... Garcia stops porter between 7 & 11! Broner floored him late, keff stopped him in his tracks a few a times jumping in. If if lunges in like that against a Garcia hook it's a wrap & we all know he's gonna do it often.

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

I think Garcia is the better fighter but I think Shawn could win in a dirty, controversial fight. I think Danny is going to come out timing him well but is going to get a nasty cut, Porter's going to find his way inside, and I'm not sure Danny is going to handle the adversity well. As Dolomite mentioned though, this fight is predicated HEAVILY on who the ref is. If it's a guy like Kenny Bayless who is known to clean things up, I think Garcia wins. If they have a ref like Smoger, he may be in trouble. 

Edited by Franchize, 28 May 2018 - 08:42 PM.

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,692 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

I just hate Porter's style. I see a lot of blood and gashes coming out of this one. 

• Franchize and AZWildCat like this

#6 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:19 AM

I'm rolling with Danny Garcia in this one. Porter will rough him up though. 

#7 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:12 PM

at welterweight i don't think garcia has enough on his punches to ko porter.  porter took the best from thurman and the english dude and stood straight up.

• KSUN247 likes this

#8 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Brook did a lot of holding and he didn't let Kell get off much. Broner dropped Porter late, so I wouldn't be surprised if Danny can do the same. Just don't think Danny will stop him though.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#9 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:05 PM

Danny is too slow mentally and physically to outwork Porter. I'll be surprised if he did. I think Porter takes it to him, might even steal the fight. Danny is strong and big enough to hold his own and do some damage, but I just don't see him controlling the fight at all. This fight is either guy's game.

• flazi likes this

#10 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

This is one of those fights where I'll be surprised if there's any wrinkles or surprised in terms of tactics. You pretty much know what each guy is coming to the table with. It's just about who can implement their style and execute most effectively. That said, who do you guys think need to get off to the better start? I'm leaning towards Danny. He has to, at the very least, weather the storm Porter is gonna bring to him. He can't start off the fight looking overwhelmed. Even if he loses a few rounds, he has to establish himself and earn respect with his power. Otherwise, Porter is going to bully him like he did Paulie Malinaggi and Andre Berto. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users