• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

This is one of those fights where I'll be surprised if there's any wrinkles or surprised in terms of tactics. You pretty much know what each guy is coming to the table with. It's just about who can implement their style and execute most effectively. That said, who do you guys think need to get off to the better start? I'm leaning towards Danny. He has to, at the very least, weather the storm Porter is gonna bring to him. He can't start off the fight looking overwhelmed. Even if he loses a few rounds, he has to establish himself and earn respect with his power. Otherwise, Porter is going to bully him like he did Paulie Malinaggi and Andre Berto. 

Porter looked to have an improved jab and movement against Berto. He showed a variety of punches. Porter can box and when he jabs he gets off well and actually has a good hard jab. Porter may surprise Garcia with a varying attack. If porter could ever vary his attack he can be an even more dangerous fighter. A dangerous fight for Garcia

#12 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Porter looked to have an improved jab and movement against Berto. He showed a variety of punches. Porter can box and when he jabs he gets off well and actually has a good hard jab. Porter may surprise Garcia with a varying attack. If porter could ever vary his attack he can be an even more dangerous fighter. A dangerous fight for Garcia

Porter can definitely box, but I know what he's coming in to do. He's coming to rough Danny up and get in his chest. Now Porter aint some meathead club fighter. He will come in behind his jab. He does show good head movement at times and can change angles with his footwork pretty well. That said, I'd be shocked if Porter boxes from the outside for more than 20 consecutive seconds of this fight. 

• flazi and MAHDI like this

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,690 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Is there a date set for this one? I'm hearing something like Aug 25, but I could be wrong. 

#14 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:02 PM

Every time I think about this fight, I start to feel a little bad for Garcia. Even if he wins, this fight is going to be so ugly. Shawn is going to try to maul him and he's going to get cut smh. I just have this bad feeling we're going to see Shawn, who seems like a nice guy, apologizing like he did vs Berto. But hey, I could be wrong I was wrong about Crawford vs Horn potentially being closer than expected 

#15 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Someone is going to do an ugly cry like Oliver McCall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users