Photo

For Better or Worse Golovkin-Canelo II is on. (Are you Angry, Neutral or Happy?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:31 AM

With the pissing and moaning going on between Oscar and Team GGG it doesn't look like the rematch will happen. GGG wants 65 percent of the purse....the fuck? Oscar said Canelo has more options than GGG so he is good. All that bullshit and now no one wants to fight. If GGG loses the rematch he can claim PEDS if Canelo loses fans will point to PEDS. The rematch is already fucked. Canelo can fight anyone, Charlo would be my pick, Hurd would be good as well. GGG on the other hand?

Can Horn's manger shut the fuck up! Notice Bud's people ain't sayin shit! Jeff is about to be a smoked kangaroo or wallaby.

#2 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Seen loffler saying they wanted 50/50. I could see 60/40 Canelo with ggg having the belts and janitor Willie having star power. But 35 or under is Golden boy trying to flex authority. They both have the same fights out there Canelo just has slightly bigger ones due to fan base. All ggg needs is someone sturdy & flashy enough for a gatti-ward type trilogy. On the other hand Canelo wants those straps!

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

GGG should get more on the fact that it was Canelo who fucked up the original rematch date. I don't know about you guys, but for some reason, I'm less and less excited about this bout. Both teams are acting like it's Mayweather v Pacquio but neither guy has that star power and boxing doesn't need the fight the way it needed May v Pac. The middleweight division is improving steadily so truthfully, this fight isn't the end all be all.

• flazi likes this

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:53 AM

I don't think either guy wants it.
  • Franchize likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:39 AM

GGG should get more on the fact that it was Canelo who fucked up the original rematch date. I don't know about you guys, but for some reason, I'm less and less excited about this bout. Both teams are acting like it's Mayweather v Pacquio but neither guy has that star power and boxing doesn't need the fight the way it needed May v Pac. The middleweight division is improving steadily so truthfully, this fight isn't the end all be all.

Agreed, however, GGG needs to live with the fact that he won't get the bigger split of the money. My question is, did GGG get compensated for the first fight falling through? In my opinion, he should've....if we're talking damages here. 

And you're right, this is NOT a Mayweather/Pacquaio fight for boxing. Sadly, Oscar and his team made it seem like this was the biggest fight, maybe because he had fuck-all to do with the megafight and the "action" didn't live up to the hype. 

Wanna know what other fight didn't meet fans' expectations? GGG vs Canelo. It was a good fight, but it wasn't what was advertised. That goes back to your point about being less excited about the rematch....the first one didn't measure up, the decision angered fans, then came the PED results. Bad look for boxing. 

#6 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Don't really care about this fight anymore. If neither guy wants to budge on the pay split, then move on to the next Middleweight challenge. It stinks that GGG didn't get the decision in the 1st fight and Canelo tested positive for the 2nd. It is what it is. It was never going to be 50/50, no matter what happened. GGG doesn't have Canelo's fan base. GGG just needs to fight his IBF mandatory, Jacobs rematch, Billy Joe Saunders or Charlo. He's never gonna get that big Canelo payday again. Canelo needs to move on and do the same. Plenty of good opponents for both if they can't agree on the purse split. Not trying to see a so-called Middleweight Champion fight another Welterweight or inactive Junior Middleweight coming off of 2 losses again. 

#7 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:11 AM

The WBC said that if the Canelo fight does not happen GGG has to fight Charlo...about fuckin time. If Charlo vs. GGG happens and Charlo beats GGG I just want bul to say after the fight "is this your king?" Guess that 35-65 spilt is starting to look good.
  • flazi likes this

#8 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,402 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:52 AM

65-35 seems a pretty legit split no? if that was the split for the first fight then 60-40 as a slap on the wrist for cancelling the rematch but 50/50 is them either being ridiculous 

• KSUN247 likes this

#9 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

65-35 seems a pretty legit split no? if that was the split for the first fight then 60-40 as a slap on the wrist for cancelling the rematch but 50/50 is them either being ridiculous 

i actually think they want 60-40.  you know how it is, ask for 50/50 knowing you not going to get it and hope for a better deal than you're getting.

#10 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

With the pissing and moaning going on between Oscar and Team GGG it doesn't look like the rematch will happen. GGG wants 65 percent of the purse....the fuck? Oscar said Canelo has more options than GGG so he is good. All that bullshit and now no one wants to fight. If GGG loses the rematch he can claim PEDS if Canelo loses fans will point to PEDS. The rematch is already fucked. Canelo can fight anyone, Charlo would be my pick, Hurd would be good as well. GGG on the other hand?

Can Horn's manger shut the fuck up! Notice Bud's people ain't sayin shit! Jeff is about to be a smoked kangaroo or wallaby.

I hear you but can Crawford take a 147 punch? Can he hit hard enough at 147? These are ? that have to be considered. I like how Spence said he does not mention Crawford because at 147 he does not have a belt yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users