Photo

For Better or Worse Golovkin-Canelo II is on. (Are you Angry, Neutral or Happy?)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

What's the point of boxing wanting an undisputed champ, if the sanctioning bodies are gonna fist a fighter to fight 10x per year. I just don't get it. If a guy is unified or undisputed, the sanctioning bodies need to come together and calm the fuck down. Seriously. 

It's not like GGG told Canelo to take PEDs and ruin the fight, so he picked Vanes. Cool. No need to pick a threat on 3 week's notice because your opponent decided to cheat and get caught. 

Fuck the IBF, they're just as bad as the WBA. All of the sanctioning bodies are full of crap, but the prized pricks of the families have got to be the IBF and the WBA. Why strip the man because he would've fight a mando? I mean, that's as much info as I've cared to read about the situation, but still.

GGG was holding out for Canelo payday. So he Ggg, said fuck Charlo and Danny. Oscar said fuck GGG they are moving on, so GGG is kinda fucked. He can't fight another welterweight or super welterweight. Either he moves up or he actually takes a risk.
  • KSUN247 likes this

#22 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

I just wanna know how they come up with mandatories because these fighters mandatories are almost never the fights anyone wants to see. It's always some mfer they pulled outta their ass that nobody is checking for. 

I don't care if there's a rematch. I'd rather see Canelo and GGG face Charlo and Jacobs. Regardless of who fights who. I thought the first fight was overrated and underwhelming to begin with. Both guys exposed themselves in my opinion. 

#23 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

GGG kinda screwed himself with the choice of Vanes. The 2 year layoff, coming off a loss and a junior mddleweight. He deserves plenty of crap for that. He could have either fought a soft touch middleweight or pushed the date back. He wanted the Canelo payday and didn't want to risk anything for that money. Can't fault him for that, but you can for the choice of opponent.

#24 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

GGG was holding out for Canelo payday. So he Ggg, said fuck Charlo and Danny. Oscar said fuck GGG they are moving on, so GGG is kinda fucked. He can't fight another welterweight or super welterweight. Either he moves up or he actually takes a risk.

Agreed. I wasn't cool with the idea of him finding a "threat" on 3 week's notice. We see what happened to Sadam Ali last month. But yeah, we damn sure don't wanna see anymore 147 and 154 pounders in there with Gee-Gee-Gee. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#25 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

I just wanna know how they come up with mandatories because these fighters mandatories are almost never the fights anyone wants to see. It's always some mfer they pulled outta their ass that nobody is checking for. 

I don't care if there's a rematch. I'd rather see Canelo and GGG face Charlo and Jacobs. Regardless of who fights who. I thought the first fight was overrated and underwhelming to begin with. Both guys exposed themselves in my opinion. 

Ya know? Not many wanna see no-name mandatories fight the champ. Why? Whoever promotes the unknown mando, needs to push to get their guy some decent exposure so at least hardcore fans will be ready to see them on the big stage. 

You have guys like Antoine Douglas who was pushed HARD on ShoBox, even though he got derailed by Khurtsidze a couple of years ago. When I saw Douglas in against O'Sullivan back in December, I wasn't scratching my head asking, "Who is this guy?". The same needs to happen with the up and coming guys who are in position to be a mandatory. 

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

GGG kinda screwed himself with the choice of Vanes. The 2 year layoff, coming off a loss and a junior mddleweight. He deserves plenty of crap for that. He could have either fought a soft touch middleweight or pushed the date back. He wanted the Canelo payday and didn't want to risk anything for that money. Can't fault him for that, but you can for the choice of opponent.

On a 3 week's notice, I can't complain....and that's coming from somebody who can't stand Vanes as a fighter. I honestly can't be too mad at him. I think the disapproval and anger should've been aimed towards the man who ruined the rematch (Canelo). GGG hits way too hard to put him in with a soft touch....whether it's a Jr. middleweight or a full middleweight, so the fight would've ended within a few rounds anyway. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#27 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:07 PM

On a 3 week's notice, I can't complain....and that's coming from somebody who can't stand Vanes as a fighter. I honestly can't be too mad at him. I think the disapproval and anger should've been aimed towards the man who ruined the rematch (Canelo). GGG hits way too hard to put him in with a soft touch....whether it's a Jr. middleweight or a full middleweight, so the fight would've ended within a few rounds anyway. 

I hear you, but GGG is supposedly this killer that nobody wants to fight. He had this crazy KO streak, which was snapped by Jacobs and followed up with the draw with Canelo. Those guys are middleweights. Vanes isn't. Even if he didn't want to fight his mandatories on 3 weeks notice, why not push the date back and fight a true middleweight. Can't be a killer that guys are afraid of if you keep picking on guys in smaller weight classes. He just looks like a bully if he continues to do that. Canelo is definitely the one to blame though with the positive test. 

Edited by KSUN247, 08 June 2018 - 12:08 PM.

• Dolimite likes this

#28 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

What's the point of boxing wanting an undisputed champ, if the sanctioning bodies are gonna fist a fighter to fight 10x per year. I just don't get it. If a guy is unified or undisputed, the sanctioning bodies need to come together and calm the fuck down. Seriously. 

It's not like GGG told Canelo to take PEDs and ruin the fight, so he picked Vanes. Cool. No need to pick a threat on 3 week's notice because your opponent decided to cheat and get caught. 

Fuck the IBF, they're just as bad as the WBA. All of the sanctioning bodies are full of crap, but the prized pricks of the families have got to be the IBF and the WBA. Why strip the man because he would've fight a mando? I mean, that's as much info as I've cared to read about the situation, but still. 

its more profitable for them to spread the belts.

BUT GGG knew thats what they wanted to do, they always did. especially the WBC who put Canelo as no1

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:44 AM

I hear you, but GGG is supposedly this killer that nobody wants to fight. He had this crazy KO streak, which was snapped by Jacobs and followed up with the draw with Canelo. Those guys are middleweights. Vanes isn't. Even if he didn't want to fight his mandatories on 3 weeks notice, why not push the date back and fight a true middleweight. Can't be a killer that guys are afraid of if you keep picking on guys in smaller weight classes. He just looks like a bully if he continues to do that. Canelo is definitely the one to blame though with the positive test. 

Agreed

I just don't feel like most should've put all of the pressure on GGG to put himself in a compromising situation (i.e. Sadam Ali), just because Canelo wasn't clean. Moreover, I'm not really big on the idea of a fighter going through two training consecutive training camps, but it happens.

I say that because they're usually overtrained once the fight actually happens. I was just happy to see Vanes get cooked. Now, I would've been pissed if GGG picked Vanes and had a whooooole training camp while the media tried to convince us that Vanes was actually a threat. Lol

#30 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:47 AM

its more profitable for them to spread the belts.

BUT GGG knew thats what they wanted to do, they always did. especially the WBC who put Canelo as no1

Spreading the belts is cool, after a while. If the aim is to produce an undisputed champ, then they need to allow it to happen if a fighter's on somewhat of a fast track. The WBC has been deplorable for a while now....though it seemed like the WBC was pushing Cotto and Canelo (at that particular time) to face Golovkin 2-3 years ago. Shrugs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users