Photo

For Better or Worse Golovkin-Canelo II is on. (Are you Angry, Neutral or Happy?)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

He wanted a big Drama Show, he got it, outside the ring. Canelo is a bigger name and draw, so either the most feared fighter will go up, or get on his knees and beg Oscar for that 35 spilt.

#32 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

He wanted a big Drama Show, he got it, outside the ring. Canelo is a bigger name and draw, so either the most feared fighter will go up, or get on his knees and beg Oscar for that 35 spilt.

The fact that the purse split was only $8M between the two of them, says a lot about that "highly anticipated" match. People wanted to see it, but why didn't these guys get bigger paydays than $5M for Canelo and $3M for Gee-Gee-Gee???

#33 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

Oscar is pulling a page right from Bob Arum with his deadline for GGG. Tomorrow GGG by 3 PM GGG had to agree to the split Golden Boy is offering him. Interesting to say the least.
  • flazi likes this

#34 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

Oscar is pulling a page right from Bob Arum with his deadline for GGG. Tomorrow GGG by 3 PM GGG had to agree to the split Golden Boy is offering him. Interesting to say the least.

I'm surprised Oscar didn't add a countdown timer on the GBP website like Bob did with Floyd on the TR website years ago, lol. 

One thing i hate is when one side tries to bully the other and give them a "deadline". These pics of Canelo next to each article is just another reminder of how fuckin annoying that whole team is. 

• flazi, Franchize and Dolimite like this

#35 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:48 AM

well theres the rematch occuring. if theyd just reached it sooner it could be for the unified titles

#36 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:07 AM

:rolleyes: Boxing scene says the rematch will save or destroy boxing for years to come. The first fight was mediocre at best and to me, boxing is in a pretty good place. I didn't really care if this rematch fell through. I'd rather see GGG or Canelo fight Charlo. I'd like to see Charlo fight Andrade on the undercard. Not likely tho

• Dolimite likes this

#37 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

Hope it is a decent undercard. Also, hope they don't try to rob us with the ticket prices. I wanna go to this one, but not if too expensive and crappy undercard.

#38 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,642 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

I am coming out strong with "Fuck Golovkin-Canelo II" and my reasoning is below:

Why do I not give a shit about this fight? Could it be that Canelo cheated and got a light slap on the wrist? Could it be that Golovkin is likely to get robbed again? Could it be that there is a HUGE fight with Murata that awaits in Japan that I would rather see? Could it be that I don't see a way that Canelo can win legitimately? All this is is another money grab.What's Canelo gonna do differently this time that shows that he can win? Golovkin is the better fighter. I would care more if we had three judges from neutral countries and a non-Nevada referee who won't cater to Oscar's cash cow.

Jack

• Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#39 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:03 AM

I am coming out strong with "Fuck Golovkin-Canelo II" and my reasoning is below:

Why do I not give a shit about this fight? Could it be that Canelo cheated and got a light slap on the wrist? Could it be that Golovkin is likely to get robbed again? Could it be that there is a HUGE fight with Murata that awaits in Japan that I would rather see? Could it be that I don't see a way that Canelo can win legitimately? All this is is another money grab.What's Canelo gonna do differently this time that shows that he can win? Golovkin is the better fighter. I would care more if we had three judges from neutral countries and a non-Nevada referee who won't cater to Oscar's cash cow.

Jack

I hear your side, Jack. I do. However....both guys are to be blamed here.

Why?

Everyone knows.....Canelo was caught cheating before the rematch initially fell through. Was he juicing for the first fight? Probably. Probably not. So yeah, he ruined the rematch that gave us a chance to watch the dust settle. 

To me....if the first fight is close, then whomever wins the rematch, more than likely edged the first fight (i.e. Ward/Kovalev 1 and 2). 

Now.....this is where I blame GGG. Follow me. GGG is known as this master boxer with concussive power....so why wasn't he able to do just that eliminate the influence of crowd, the judges, the fight location, rival promoters and the guy in front of him? 

Why not? It's not because of the Clenbuterol in Canelo's system...had that truly been the case (we'll never know). PEDs don't give you the skill to avoid a concussive puncher who can cut the ring off and so on. Skill does that. 

So yeah....I blame both guys for the way the first played out, as well the reason the rematch didn't take place last month. It's just as bad as people blaming Floyd for the Pacquiao fight not living up to the world's expectations...Manny didn't do shit and the blame fell on one guy. 

#40 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,642 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

:rolleyes: Boxing scene says the rematch will save or destroy boxing for years to come. The first fight was mediocre at best and to me, boxing is in a pretty good place. I didn't really care if this rematch fell through. I'd rather see GGG or Canelo fight Charlo. I'd like to see Charlo fight Andrade on the undercard. Not likely tho

I think that die hards will always support boxing,

But if there is fuckery in this fight, it sure as hell is not going to draw new fans.  They have the tainted PED situation and the draw from the first fight, double-crapped by Adalaide Byrd's 118-110 Canelo scorecard and Don Trella's horrible 7th round in favor of Canelo.  Positively sickening!

Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users