6 replies to this topic

#1 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:33 AM

I am truly on the fence for this one. I think Horn fights ugly and does pretty good work inside. Crawford is supposed to win, but I'm not sure he does. Pacquiao didnt rematch this dude for a reason. He rematched Bradley twice because the fights were close. He rematched Marquez because the fights were close. Perhaps Pacquiao knows something we all dont. Jeff Horn is a big WW who comes to fight and make it ugly. Maybe Bud's in trouble and doesnt know it. Maybe Bob Arum set him up intentionally. A lot of questions. I'm ready for the fight. I am NOT ordering a subscription service to see it though.

• AZWildCat, MAHDI and KSUN247 like this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

Bud Crawford is a very smart and crafty boxer. I think he'll just school Horn for a few rounds and then start turning up the heat before he gets the KO. Even with Horn's size and roughness, I don't think his skill or power are enough for him to get the victory over Bud. Horn will get battered and bloodied before the ref finally stops the beating. Stranger things have happened in boxing, but I'll take Bud by TKO in 9 rounds.

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

This will Bud's audition for the big stage. If Pac beats Lucas, Pac and Crawford will fight either November or December.

#4 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:03 PM

no way he beats crawford.  no enough talent.  he barely eeked by pacman and pacman is way past his prime.  crawford toys with him for 12 rounds.

#5 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

Crawford remains a 147 pound?.. midget Gamboa was lighting him up early. Can he take a 147 punch and does he have power ay 147? Crawford needs to the STFU about Spence.. Spence is proven. Until I see Crawford do Horn like he says he will do I am not buying his dominance just because sooo many including himself thinks he can just come to 147 and start kicking ass and taking names

• The Original MrFactor, flazi, mgrover and 1 other like this

#6 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

I am so pissed I can't see this fight! I don't have ESPN+ nor am I getting. Why the fuck would they put such a big fight on a new channel and a fuckin stream? Arum should of said the hell with that. Bud or Horn won't get the full audience it wants. If they had Loma on regular ESPN against a quality opponent, why not Bud?

Edited by Dolimite, 09 June 2018 - 06:36 AM.

• KSUN247 likes this

#7 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,636 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

I am so pissed I can't see this fight! I don't have ESPN+ nor am I getting. Why the fuck would they put such a big fight on a new channel and a fuckin stream? Arum should of said the hell with that. Bud or Horn won't get the full audience it wants. If they had Loma on regular ESPN against a quality opponent, why not Bud?

I second that Dolimite!

It's fucking ridiculous that this fight is on some stupid ESPN+ application with a $5.00 a month purchase requirement.  Yes, you can get other live and archived content on the application, but who wants to watch live boxing like that?  The whole principle of ESPN and Top Rank returning to boxing was to bring boxing back to basic/standard cable.  Probably the next best thing to commercial network TV.  Our only hope is that this card bombs big time!  And I predict it will.  Remember how Crawford-Postal bombed on PPV?  Crawford is not a draw.  $5.00 0r $60.00, Bud needs TV exposure on a fight that belongs on standard cable.  or HBO/Showtime at best.

The fight itself. Very little build-up here for the reasons mentioned above.  Horn will bully and brawl, and be very dirty because that's the only way that he knows how to fight.  But he only beat Pacquiao in the eyes of the judges, a few Aussie locals and three out of five appellate judges that the WBO used to review the fight..  Outside of Australia, nobody gives a shit about Jeff Horn.  And even "Down Under" judging from the reception that Many got against Horn, some believe they were coming to see Pacquiao more than Horn.  It is believed that Arum and Roach wanted to sell out Manny because of his age, and because he has not had a stoppage for a long time.  But a look at Horn shows that that he is very limited and nothing more than a crude brawler. Not some "Diamond in the rough."  If the judging in the first fight had been fair, Manny would have won a unanimous, but close decision.

We have a Vegas Judge an Italian judge, and an Australian judge tonight.  Horn gives a good account of himself, but is stopped on cuts late.  Bud is far too skilled.  Crawford TKO 9.  (Doctor recommended stoppage.)

Jack

• Dolimite and KSUN247 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users