Photo

ESPN+@10PM(ET)/7PM (PT)- Horn vs. Crawford-SPOILERS (Only ESPN+ Public Stream Permitted/No Showtime Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:47 AM

This is for all comments and ongoing discussion of the Horn-Crawford WBO Welterweight Title fight on the ESPN+ $5.00 a month application.

WE WILL ONLY PERMIT A LINK TO THE ESPN+ APPLICATION ITSELF FROM THE ESPN+ WEBSITE BELOW IF SUBS WANT TO SIGN UP TO SEE THE FIGHT.  Here it is:

https://plus.espn.com/

Any other links found online are not allowed in the public thread.  If you find another stream, no matter what, the same rules apply.  You may only discuss other streams and submit them by PM's.  Keep all the content about the fight in this thread.

Jack

Administrator

• Cshel86 likes this

#2 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,399 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

this fight is pretty pointless. just an excuse to pass the belt they took from Pac who would of wanted way more than a couple of mill to fight Crawford to a guy who is handy with 1-2mil. This fight will answer a few questions, does Crawford have a decent enough chin at 147? How will he handle a dirty rough dude like Horn?

But the biggest question of all is will Spence vs Crawford ever actually happen. I mean we remember Mayweather vs Pac right? Will Haymon and Bob sort something? Or will they continue to milk their respective fighters with low risk high reward fights.

• The Original MrFactor likes this

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 08:16 PM

ESPN is tripping with this app shit. They can SMD from the back. First Khan vs Lo Greco. Now this? I get you have to be inventive but not like this. I just wanna turn on my TV and watch the fight. All this extra shit is for the birds. $5 a month when there isn't a major title fight every month and when there is a fight, we get this? FOH I'll be watching the Showtime fight. 

Edited by Franchize, 09 June 2018 - 08:17 PM.

• Plah and Dolimite like this

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:23 PM

I have a weird feeling this fight is going to be more difficult than it should be for Crawford 

#5 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

Crawford is the next ATG in the making, if he keeps this up. Jeff Horn isn't really competition, but just the way Crawford outclassed him gave me those future ATG vibes. I see a mix of Pernell Whitaker, Mayweather, and other fighters in Crawford, just excellent timing, distance, and ring control, the discipline of an old school fighter is there, but now comes to see if he can keep that up against A level competition. 

#6 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,050 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

Too bad we all didn't see it apparently. I heard Crawford had his way with Horn. So does that mean, Manny has just slipped that bad that he couldnt even beat a C class guy like Horn? Or was Crawford that good? Still dont know. Didnt see the fight. Refused to pay $5 per month for an app. After the fight what do i get? A bunch of ESPN classics that I've seen 1000 times or have already recorded. Noun Cipher, B. Try again...

Oh yeah I'm sure Crawford/Spence aint happening any time soon. Expect Crawford/Berto. Crawford/Matthysse, Crawford/Devon Alexander, Crawford/Jesse Vargas and Crawford/Adrian Granados. By that time, Spence wont be able to make weight any more. Garcia, Porter and Thurman will have beaten each other up significantly and Crawford can claim he's the king of the division.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

This ESPN+ idea totally sucked ass. I like to DVR fights and go back and watch them countless times....can't do that with this wack ass ESPN app. Moreover, there's no guarantee this fight will replay on television. 

Crazy thing is, my Saturday was SUPER busy and I was supposed to go to my lady's house that evening. Before I even got a chance to ask her if she had a streaming device in both her bedroom and living room, she texted me and said her cable and internet was out due to an outage in the area. Dafuq? THIS is why I hate the idea of streaming live tv....once the internet goes out, you're screwed!

I tried to download the app at home, but my fire stick was slow as shit, so I settled for the Showtime fight. I ended up fighting with the fires stick on Sunday morning and FINALLY got the app to work, but the quality wasn't that great for it to be an official ESPN stream. None of the ESPN fights that have aired over the past year, are On Demand. None of them, smh. 

Finally, after watching the fight, Crawford stood by his word and got the job done. Horn was in better shape this time around, but failed to work behind his jab and use head movement on the way in. When I saw him getting cooked on his way inside, AND getting tagged on his way out...I knew it was downhill from there. Crawford stayed southpaw for the whole damn fight, so it appeared. 

To me, the stoppage was a bit premature, but the writing was on the wall and the inevitable was around the corner. Crawford has game and is still a force to be reckoned with at WW.  

• flazi likes this

#8 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

I would really be surprised to find anyone who thought  "WOW!  This ESPN+ app is awesome!  Thank you Bob Arum and Top Rank for doing this!"  I think that if anyone bought the fight, they are cancelling most likely within seven days.  I can't see Arum profiting from this long term.

Jack

• flazi likes this

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

I would really be surprised to find anyone who thought  "WOW!  This ESPN+ app is awesome!  Thank you Bob Arum and Top Rank for doing this!"  I think that if anyone bought the fight, they are cancelling most likely within seven days.  I can't see Arum profiting from this long term.

Jack

Right! Said no one ever!

:lol:

#10 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

kudos to you Jack on predicting the exact round the stoppage would occur.  I installed that app and it crashed 8 times.  total piece of crap or it could be my phone still the app should be able to handle any phone its installed on.

• Cshel86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users