Photo

ESPN+@10PM(ET)/7PM (PT)- Horn vs. Crawford-SPOILERS (Only ESPN+ Public Stream Permitted/No Showtime Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,498 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

You know why there isn't 30 replies to this damn fight! Because no one bought the fuckin app! I hate ESPN for doing this shit. They put Loma in regular ass ESPN but fuckin put a big fight on a new app. Bob has no idea how to promote Crawford. Maybe he doesn't want him to be the face of Top Rank. This was bullshit. I miss the fight because I be damn if I an going to spend money on a bullshit stream. I promise you they won't do this with top College football games. Bitches
  • The Original MrFactor, flazi, Plah and 2 others like this

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

You know why there isn't 30 replies to this damn fight! Because no one bought the fuckin app! I hate ESPN for doing this shit. They put Loma in regular ass ESPN but fuckin put a big fight on a new app. Bob has no idea how to promote Crawford. Maybe he doesn't want him to be the face of Top Rank. This was bullshit. I miss the fight because I be damn if I an going to spend money on a bullshit stream. I promise you they won't do this with top College football games. Bitches

I got a free trial, and I cancelled it last night (within 7 days). But yeah, the app was crap and didn't wanna start up the night of. My fire stick is trash, but it seems like everybody had the same issue(s). 

• Franchize likes this

#13 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,647 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Crawford needs to leave Top Rank.  They have enough love in LomachenKo.  You don't put Crawford on an application like that if you respect him.  You put him on a main platform seen by the greatest number of people. ESPN.  It sure sounds like they don't care.

Jack

• Dolimite likes this

#14 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

It is obvious with Horn it was the size advantage that allowed him to wage an ugly war with pac and get the nod.. He is a cave man in the skill department. He did manage to land some good right hands on crawford's head but it was clear early he lacked the skill to win and having to lose weight to qualify did drain his strength. That being said Crawford still remains a 147? relative to the elite and skilled 147 pounders. I am sure he competes, but he will face guys who can punch and operate out of a sound game plan. I want to see who is choice of opponents are going forward. I am anxious to see his chin tested by some skilled youthful 147 pounders. He and his camp talk as if he is the best on the planet so let's see if he can make  some of the elite look ordinary. It perplexes me how people say Spence has nothing for him and I laugh my ass off. It would have been interesting to see how Crawford could handle the likes of Lamont Peterson, or another skilled vet in his first 147 bout But Crawford beats up on Horn and is the best in the world? Nahhhhhh...not quite- but it was a safe path to a title and from that standpoint understandable, Now prove you are the best 147 pounder - there are more than a few solid opponents available

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#15 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

Over the years, it's become pretty apparent that anyone who fails the brown paper bag test will NOT be the face of Top Rank. Nobody bought that stupid app. It pretty much requires you to like more than just boxing (which I do) to the point where you feel you need exclusive content in multiple sports. It's a stupid idea. I LOVE basketball, but not to the point where I need to buy an app to watch Kobe Bryant do play by play breakdowns. 

I was never on board with the Crawford hype but he's proven to me he's legit. He's crafty, skilled and tough as nails. That said, anyone suggesting he is head and shoulders above the rest at 147, which to me is arguably the best division in the sport, is blind. If you told me I had to bet money on him vs Spence, I'd be very worried about losing. Same with Thurman. I think he beats Danny and Shawn but gets cracked in both. There's already talk about him going up to 154. No way. I think he'd get steamrolled by 154's top comp. 

#16 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,647 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

Over the years, it's become pretty apparent that anyone who fails the brown paper bag test will NOT be the face of Top Rank. Nobody bought that stupid app. It pretty much requires you to like more than just boxing (which I do) to the point where you feel you need exclusive content in multiple sports. It's a stupid idea. I LOVE basketball, but not to the point where I need to buy an app to watch Kobe Bryant do play by play breakdowns. 

I was never on board with the Crawford hype but he's proven to me he's legit. He's crafty, skilled and tough as nails. That said, anyone suggesting he is head and shoulders above the rest at 147, which to me is arguably the best division in the sport, is blind. If you told me I had to bet money on him vs Spence, I'd be very worried about losing. Same with Thurman. I think he beats Danny and Shawn but gets cracked in both. There's already talk about him going up to 154. No way. I think he'd get steamrolled by 154's top comp. 

Reviews are mixed.  I think the application is a POS over regular TV boxing.

Jack

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

It is obvious with Horn it was the size advantage that allowed him to wage an ugly war with pac and get the nod.. He is a cave man in the skill department. He did manage to land some good right hands on crawford's head but it was clear early he lacked the skill to win and having to lose weight to qualify did drain his strength. That being said Crawford still remains a 147? relative to the elite and skilled 147 pounders. I am sure he competes, but he will face guys who can punch and operate out of a sound game plan. I want to see who is choice of opponents are going forward. I am anxious to see his chin tested by some skilled youthful 147 pounders. He and his camp talk as if he is the best on the planet so let's see if he can make  some of the elite look ordinary. It perplexes me how people say Spence has nothing for him and I laugh my ass off. It would have been interesting to see how Crawford could handle the likes of Lamont Peterson, or another skilled vet in his first 147 bout But Crawford beats up on Horn and is the best in the world? Nahhhhhh...not quite- but it was a safe path to a title and from that standpoint understandable, Now prove you are the best 147 pounder - there are more than a few solid opponents available

I get what you're saying, however, people have been giving Spence W's for fights he hasn't even fought yet, simply because it appears as though fighters are avoiding him. Most "fans" crowned him after he knocked out Bundu, but those same fans scoffed when Thurman fought Bundu just two years prior. 

Moreover, neither guy has really done much at WW at the time. I mean, Spence went to the UK and stopped Brook and stopped Peterson nearly 6 months ago...so there's still a bit to be desired there. 

Now.....yes, Crawford beat Horn, who didn't see that coming? That was his first fight at WW, so we can't be too critical of him. I said all of this to say....we can't be critical of who Crawford has and hasn't fought, but give Spence W's for all of the guys who appear to be avoiding him. 

As strange as it sounds, we have to give those promising TR fighters props based off of their current pool of opposition (due to Bob's horrible business approach with other promoters). It's sad, but that's what we have to do. We know deep down inside that Bob won't do business with Haymon on a larger scale, so let's just call a spade a spade. 

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,934 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

Reviews are mixed.  I think the application is a POS over regular TV boxing.

Jack

They should've allowed the stream as an option for those who wouldn't be home to watch it. When you're bound to a sketchy app, things tend to go left, quickly. 

• flazi and Franchize like this

#19 Franchize

Franchize

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

They should've allowed the stream as an option for those who wouldn't be home to watch it. When you're bound to a sketchy app, things tend to go left, quickly. 

Doesn't it also require you, essentially, to have a smart TV if you want to watch it on your TV? I mean what does this do going forward for people who have fight parties? Hey guys, let's gather around and watch this fight on my phone or lap top or lemme run a VGA cable because I don't have a smart TV (not me. I have like 4 but I'm just sayin.) Am I missing something here? 

Edited by Franchize, 14 June 2018 - 01:04 PM.

#20 flazi

flazi

Lightweight

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:50 PM

Doesn't it also require you, essentially, to have a smart TV if you want to watch it on your TV? I mean what does this do going forward for people who have fight parties? Hey guys, let's gather around and watch this fight on my phone or lap top or lemme run a VGA cable because I don't have a smart TV (not me. I have like 4 but I'm just sayin.) Am I missing something here? 

if you have a fire tv or any device like that then you can install the espn app on it.  but like i said before the lagging sucked on it and it crashed on me like 5 times.  this was before the main event lol.  the main event crashed twice during the fight and there was a brief period where the app didn't recognize that i had access to espn+ content so i had to click the button to fix that.  what they should have done was a roll out test period where they had other insignificant cards to test the app thorougly and then fix any issues before putting on a big show.

• KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users