Photo

Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Mares-Santa Cruz II/Charlo-Trout-SPOILERS (No Crawford-Horn Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:15 PM

A draw? the fuck?

#12 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

Trout is officially a journeyman but truthfully, all his fights should be easy going forward. He's fought every top 154 lber out there lol

#13 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

LSC using his reach better each round. keeping Mares on the end of his punches. Mares gotta eat a punch just to get inside

•  

#14 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

Mares gotta vary his angles. He's fighting on a str8 line and getting the worst of those 1-2s

•  

#15 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:39 PM

I had the fight 8-4 for LSC

#16 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:43 AM

Charlo looked a little too over anxious to be impressive. In doing that he became a victim of his hype. He won, just barely in my opinion. Please let Hurd be next.

Leo Santa Cruz will feast on these shorter guys all day. As long as he can make weight, he'll run 126. Still would like to see him in against Rigondeaux.

• Franchize and KSUN247 like this

#17 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:32 AM

Charlo looked a little too over anxious to be impressive. In doing that he became a victim of his hype. He won, just barely in my opinion. Please let Hurd be next.

Leo Santa Cruz will feast on these shorter guys all day. As long as he can make weight, he'll run 126. Still would like to see him in against Rigondeaux.

Has Rigo even been seen since the loss to Loma? He was all over social media clowning Loma and begging for the fight. After the loss, crickets!!! I would have like to see that fight a few years ago when Rigo called out those guys. Now, I'm not so sure.

Charlo vs Hurd will be a classic. Can Hurd take Charlo's shots and vice versa. Lots of questions in that fight. Should be a good one.

#18 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

You can tell Jermell wanted that knockout BADLY! He was sharp and composed, but definitely got sloppy when he thought he had Trout hurt. As Franchize mentioned, Trout's legs and stance are awkward and give the impression that he's more effected by a shot punch than he really is. 

I mean, you can tell Jermell was a bit frustrated and possibly embarrassed that he didn't get the KO. I thought he was gonna act a fool during his post fight interview, but he managed to somehow keep it together.

One thing I'm not liking is his thirst for ending fights within the distance...that always comes back to haunt fighters....the Nonito Donaires of the world, to be specific. When a fighter falls in love with his power, over time, he tends to play into what viewers want and end up slipping. I get it, but still. 

I'm not sure if Trout was there for the payday, to survive 12 rounds, or fight....I really couldn't tell. As mentioned, Trout's one of those guys that you just can't look great against, period. That said, he only has a couple of decent opportunities left...maybe against Julian Williams, Sadam Ali, or maybe that huge guy that stopped Sadam last month. None of those fights really make sense, but the paydays are there. Shrugs

As for Mares/Santa Cruz....I'm glad it's over. Thank God it's frickin over. It played out the same way the first fight played out out....it' just took a couple more rounds for the inevitable to occur. 

Mares had to do so much to get inside, including eat a couple of punches. I knew when Santa Cruz's right hand was money on the outside, it would be that much harder for Mares to get any work done. I won't lie, Mares came out swinging and pressing the action, but he also did that the first time around. 

Mares is gonna end up with head injuries down the line if he doesn't learn to move his head on the way inside. Let me rephrase that, I'm pretty sure he knows how to move his head, but that warrior in him is a bad thing at times. 

I can't complain about the main event though, it delivered as it did the first time, but there was really no reason for the rematch to begin with. 

• The Original MrFactor and flazi like this

#19 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

Charlo vs Hurd is going to be a barn burner. The entire fight, in my opinion, hinges on what fighter Charlo decides he wants to be. If he's smart and isn't worried about looking spectacular (which MrFactor pointed out he suffered from in this fight), he can box his way to victory; possibly a KO late if he set Hurd up for a counter. If he comes in like "Ima show you that you can't walk through my power like you did everyone else" he plays right into Hurd's gameplan and will be in for a long night. You know what Hurd is going to bring and you know he's going to be in your face all night. Either you be the one to create movement or be stubborn and try to beat him at his game. 

• flazi likes this

#20 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:06 PM

Charlo vs Hurd is going to be a barn burner. The entire fight, in my opinion, hinges on what fighter Charlo decides he wants to be. If he's smart and isn't worried about looking spectacular (which MrFactor pointed out he suffered from in this fight), he can box his way to victory; possibly a KO late if he set Hurd up for a counter. If he comes in like "Ima show you that you can't walk through my power like you did everyone else" he plays right into Hurd's gameplan and will be in for a long night. You know what Hurd is going to bring and you know he's going to be in your face all night. Either you be the one to create movement or be stubborn and try to beat him at his game. 

Oh yea!

I think Hurd takes this!  This on paper looks like a war!

Jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users