Photo

Showtime@10PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-TRIPLEHEADER-Spence vs. Ocampo (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:21 AM

Errol Spence is a special fighter. He has good defense along with his high powered offense. Once he lands that left upper cut the the abdomen, guys start wondering. Kell Brook was wondering early and actually fought with a sense of urgency to keep Spence at bay. It did not work and I do not see any current welter, crawford included who will keep Spence from laying hands on them
...MAN DOWN

:lol:

Man stopppppp!!!!

You sound crazy. Spence stopped Brook, Peterson, and a mandatory...and no current welterweight can keep him from laying hands on them??? Stop it. 

#52 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

No current welter can keep Spence at Bay....period... People can ignore his kos of algeri and Bundu who Pac and Thurman could not get out of there...Spence laid them down. 11 straight kos...I stand by my statement

#53 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:51 PM

:lol:

Man stopppppp!!!!

You sound crazy. Spence stopped Brook, Peterson, and a mandatory...and no current welterweight can keep him from laying hands on them??? Stop it.

You also used the word "if" relative to Spence beating Peterson lol...accept the truth. Stop denying it...

#54 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

You also used the word "if" relative to Spence beating Peterson lol...accept the truth. Stop denying it...

No current welter can keep Spence at Bay....period... People can ignore his kos of algeri and Bundu who Pac and Thurman could not get out of there...Spence laid them down. 11 straight kos...I stand by my statement

Yes, I used the word "if" before the Peterson fight, only because I know Peterson is a dog and won't lay down for anybody. Now....I can't count how many times this has happened, but "fans" will count a fighter out until their favorite fighter beats them, then the said "counted out" fighter is suddenly revered as this "threat" that was overcome by their favorite fighter. 

How many people shitted on Peterson after the PED situation and the Matthysse KO loss? Nobody even mentioned Peterson as a viable opponent up until then. So many said that he had "done nothing" at WW, but suddenly Spence is this killer because he beat a guy who hasn't done anything at WW. 

Same goes for Bundu. When Keith was scheduled to fight him, people scoffed at it and called him an undefeated nobody with a padded record. Suddenly, Spence is this ATG because he stopped Bundu, but fans forgot so quickly how bad they talked down on him. Go figure. 

Same goes for Algieri....people scoffed when the Provodnokiv fight was announced, then he edged him and got the nod. When the Pacquiao fight was signed, people called him a "kick boxer who got lucky" against Ruslan and had no business in the ring with Manny. Suddenly, when Spence stopped him....Spence was once again called this "threat" in the WW division. 

I mean, I get it, but I don't. I like Spence, I can't stress that enough. However, fans tend to rewire their brains and rewrite history when it comes to their favorite fighter. I simply don't agree with the statement of nobody being able to keep him at bay. Surely, you have more sense than that. 

There are guys who's fought better opposition and are current or former champions that can summon the skill and will to give Spence trouble. You're giving Spence W's for fights that he hasn't even fought, and that sir, makes you come off as a fanboy in a sense. 

Again, I like Spence, but I'm starting to not like his fans. I'm putting them in the same boat as those Gee-Gee-Gee fans. Yeah there's a high chance that Canelo used PEDs for the first fight, but the court of public opinion has already labeled him as guilty. 

PEDs don't help with skills, period. How was the "great" Gee-Gee-Gee not able to cut off the ring and knock Canelo out? Nobody's blaming Gee-Gee-Gee for the performance, they're simply blaming it on the one who's easiest to blame. Fans see what they wanna see. 

• flazi likes this

#55 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

Spence just called out Mikey Garcia. If only Mikey was bigger. It would be a chess match the first 5 rounds and then hands would fly.
I think a Danny Garcia would be a more highlighted fight than Porter.
  • MAHDI likes this

#56 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Yes, I used the word "if" before the Peterson fight, only because I know Peterson is a dog and won't lay down for anybody. Now....I can't count how many times this has happened, but "fans" will count a fighter out until their favorite fighter beats them, then the said "counted out" fighter is suddenly revered as this "threat" that was overcome by their favorite fighter. 

How many people shitted on Peterson after the PED situation and the Matthysse KO loss? Nobody even mentioned Peterson as a viable opponent up until then. So many said that he had "done nothing" at WW, but suddenly Spence is this killer because he beat a guy who hasn't done anything at WW. 

Same goes for Bundu. When Keith was scheduled to fight him, people scoffed at it and called him an undefeated nobody with a padded record. Suddenly, Spence is this ATG because he stopped Bundu, but fans forgot so quickly how bad they talked down on him. Go figure. 

Same goes for Algieri....people scoffed when the Provodnokiv fight was announced, then he edged him and got the nod. When the Pacquiao fight was signed, people called him a "kick boxer who got lucky" against Ruslan and had no business in the ring with Manny. Suddenly, when Spence stopped him....Spence was once again called this "threat" in the WW division. 

I mean, I get it, but I don't. I like Spence, I can't stress that enough. However, fans tend to rewire their brains and rewrite history when it comes to their favorite fighter. I simply don't agree with the statement of nobody being able to keep him at bay. Surely, you have more sense than that. 

There are guys who's fought better opposition and are current or former champions that can summon the skill and will to give Spence trouble. You're giving Spence W's for fights that he hasn't even fought, and that sir, makes you come off as a fanboy in a sense. 

Again, I like Spence, but I'm starting to not like his fans. I'm putting them in the same boat as those Gee-Gee-Gee fans. Yeah there's a high chance that Canelo used PEDs for the first fight, but the court of public opinion has already labeled him as guilty. 

PEDs don't help with skills, period. How was the "great" Gee-Gee-Gee not able to cut off the ring and knock Canelo out? Nobody's blaming Gee-Gee-Gee for the performance, they're simply blaming it on the one who's easiest to blame. Fans see what they wanna see. 

lol.. how did Canelo and GGG get into this. lol... Spence's performances against Bundu, Algeri, and Peterson are telling and points to Spence being a cut above. The manner in which he brutalized these fighters whereas the aforementioned struggled in my view says something. I did not say anything about welters giving him problems, Brook gave him problems, but I repeat he was not able to keep him at bay. Spence gave himself a c- performance in victory because he knew he was not that sharp after laying off more than a year. Going into the Peterson fight he vowed to be sharper and the result was what people did not expect as sturdy veteran was beaten like a rag doll and was rescued from having suffered some real brain damage-- People see Spence get caught flush with a right and all of a sudden talk is he has flaws. This is boxing and regardless to who you are in there you are going to get hit. A southpaw igetting hit with a right hand in a bout is somewhat of a boxing norm as this is the punch they are most vulnerable to. Spence takes a good shot and does not get hit much as with opponents landing less than 30 percent of their power punches. I am not a Spence groupie, but I have been watching boxing long enough to see Greatness. Spence is the Truth. Great attitude, work ethic, and confidence...He is the best welterweight hands down in my view and he is eager to prove it.

Edited by MAHDI, 20 June 2018 - 04:47 PM.

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#57 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

lol.. how did Canelo and GGG get into this. lol... Spence's performances against Bundu, Algeri, and Peterson are telling and points to Spence being a cut above. The manner in which he brutalized these fighters whereas the aforementioned struggled in my view says something. I did not say anything about welters giving him problems, Brook gave him problems, but I repeat he was not able to keep him at bay. Spence gave himself a c- performance in victory because he knew he was not that sharp after laying off more than a year. Going into the Peterson fight he vowed to be sharper and the result was what people did not expect as sturdy veteran was beaten like a rag doll and was rescued from having suffered some real brain damage-- People see Spence get caught flush with a right and all of a sudden talk is he has flaws. This is boxing and regardless to who you are in there you are going to get hit. A southpaw igetting hit with a right hand in a bout is somewhat of a boxing norm as this is the punch they are most vulnerable to. Spence takes a good shot and does not get hit much as with opponents landing less than 30 percent of their power punches. I am not a Spence groupie, but I have been watching boxing long enough to see Greatness. Spence is the Truth. Great attitude, work ethic, and confidence...He is the best welterweight hands down in my view and he is eager to prove it.

Can I point out that Spence walks around at middleweight? No wonder these guys at 147 can't hurt him.

I do think Crawford is a potential ATG, but I want to see more from Spence before I decide where he's going. Too many questionable performances is not just saying nothing.

#58 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

Can I point out that Spence walks around at middleweight? No wonder these guys at 147 can't hurt him.

I do think Crawford is a potential ATG, but I want to see more from Spence before I decide where he's going. Too many questionable performances is not just saying nothing.

Questionable performances? 11 straight KOs so what questions specifically? Crawford is said to walk around at above 160 from what I have read and his trainer said in an interview he could have started out at 147. I would like to have seen how Crawford could have handled Lamont Peterson. As far as questionable performances, Crawford vs Postal resinates. I still cannot figure out why Crawford was in retreat the last 4 rounds. The lengthy guy seemed to stun him in exchanges and maybe that explains him being on his bike.. Yeah he won but was not that impressive. In terms physical stature, Postol was bigger and longer. Crawford could not get him out of there and faded down the stretch. That is one reason I am not sold on the guy at this weight. If anything still is questionable it is Crawford at 147 with some bigger skilled welters who can crack. I am not doubting his skill, ability to switch stances... Let's how he intends on proving to be the P4p best with that good ole Arum match making

Edited by MAHDI, 03 July 2018 - 03:46 PM.

• flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users