Photo

Wilder/Joshua Fallout...More of the Same.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

Your crazy cshel, Wilder is not Floyd in this situation because he's not the A side. Joshua got 4 belts, a solid fan base and can actually sell.
Wilder got one belt and can't sell out half a stadium. But your right this is may-pac all over again so it's all a show to me right now and honestly Wilder ain't guaranteed to knock him out. We've expected this so many times from so many boogie men and the other guy pulled it out. Yeah Josh went down but he got back up and did his thing!

Let that Young Man cook

Wilder ain't had to get up as a pro and if I remember right he struggled with an old man too.....(sips long island)

At the end of the day they gonna show us who can handle the pressure under the bright lights

I see your point, and yes, I know Wilder isn't the A-side here. I compared him to Floyd in regards to whom is taking the blame for the fight not happening. Hearn is just yapping and acting like the fight is close, but what does he do? He pulls a Bob and basically tells us that AJ's next two opponents are already lined up. Smh

As far as Wilder not being able to sell out half a stadium, why such a low blow, AZ? Lol. Compared to AJ, Wilder isn't the biggest seller when you're talking about huge 60-100k seat stadiums, but Wilder packs out his hometown (AL) and the Barclays....he's done this consistently. My thing is, any ticket sales between 10k-20k seats here in the U.S. is a huge deal. 

Yes, AJ is the bigger star....in his country. We've seen this before with UK fighters specifically. They can lose one fight after another and still pack out arenas and stadiums in their country. They can fight tomato cans and do the same, so yes, AJ has more options in his country....options that his people embrace (tomato cans) but an American fighter wouldn't be so forgiven for fighting. 

I'm not a hater....Ima let AJ cook, but he can't have 3 belts and think it's cool to fight pushovers when the world wants to see an undisputed HW champ. He has 3 belts now....no more baby steps. 

• flazi likes this

#12 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

I see your point, and yes, I know Wilder isn't the A-side here. I compared him to Floyd in regards to whom is taking the blame for the fight not happening. Hearn is just yapping and acting like the fight is close, but what does he do? He pulls a Bob and basically tells us that AJ's next two opponents are already lined up. Smh

As far as Wilder not being able to sell out half a stadium, why such a low blow, AZ? Lol. Compared to AJ, Wilder isn't the biggest seller when you're talking about huge 60-100k seat stadiums, but Wilder packs out his hometown (AL) and the Barclays....he's done this consistently. My thing is, any ticket sales between 10k-20k seats here in the U.S. is a huge deal. 

Yes, AJ is the bigger star....in his country. We've seen this before with UK fighters specifically. They can lose one fight after another and still pack out arenas and stadiums in their country. They can fight tomato cans and do the same, so yes, AJ has more options in his country....options that his people embrace (tomato cans) but an American fighter wouldn't be so forgiven for fighting. 

I'm not a hater....Ima let AJ cook, but he can't have 3 belts and think it's cool to fight pushovers when the world wants to see an undisputed HW champ. He has 3 belts now....no more baby steps.

He can't sell and he's not a house hold name!Hell I could start training for the UFC Tonight get 4 fights in and sellout my home state!! That's not a notch under my belt marketing wise, that's what I was supposed to do!!! And your right Joshua can do it to tomatoes in the UK and not in the states but if your trying to make money don't you go where the money is? Why bring aj here when u got bigger seats to fill overseas guaranteed? On top of that if aj did come who are the people coming to see dw from bama with one belt or aj from overseas who brought life back to the division. Honestly he's still the bigger star over here to sadly.

He has no more room for push overs at this point and neither does wilder. The only legit option is mandatorys or late notice opponents

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,761 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

He can't sell and he's not a house hold name!Hell I could start training for the UFC Tonight get 4 fights in and sellout my home state!! That's not a notch under my belt marketing wise, that's what I was supposed to do!!! And your right Joshua can do it to tomatoes in the UK and not in the states but if your trying to make money don't you go where the money is? Why bring aj here when u got bigger seats to fill overseas guaranteed? On top of that if aj did come who are the people coming to see dw from bama with one belt or aj from overseas who brought life back to the division. Honestly he's still the bigger star over here to sadly.

He has no more room for push overs at this point and neither does wilder. The only legit option is mandatorys or late notice opponents

Wilder CAN sell and he IS a household name in the U.S....or he's damn close. Nobody really knows Joshua over here, other than hardcore boxing fans. With that said, yes, I believe Wilder should go overseas. You're right, a Wilder/Joshua fight in the U.S. makes absolutely not sense. 

Now, a rematch here would be perfect....especially if the first fight was a big deal. As mentioned earlier, it's unfortunate for Wilder that Joshua's able to fight tomato cans and be celebrated, but Wilder's expected to take on one big challenge after another. I mean, people expect AJ to do the same, but his hometown fans couldn't care less. 

• flazi likes this

#14 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

how hard was Spence Brook to make? And Spence got even more credit for jumping overseas to take the fight.

• flazi likes this

#15 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Spence/Brook wasn't hard to make. Spence was Brook's IBF Mando.

#16 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

People always down Brook for quitting but damn that guy isn't afraid to fight anyone. He took on ggg n Spence back to back without thinking twice about it...talk about Manning up!!!
  • flazi likes this

#17 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

Spence earned worldwide respect going into Brooks yard for a chance at greatness
  • Dolimite and KSUN247 like this

#18 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

Wilder CAN sell and he IS a household name in the U.S....or he's damn close. Nobody really knows Joshua over here, other than hardcore boxing fans. With that said, yes, I believe Wilder should go overseas. You're right, a Wilder/Joshua fight in the U.S. makes absolutely not sense. 

Now, a rematch here would be perfect....especially if the first fight was a big deal. As mentioned earlier, it's unfortunate for Wilder that Joshua's able to fight tomato cans and be celebrated, but Wilder's expected to take on one big challenge after another. I mean, people expect AJ to do the same, but his hometown fans couldn't care less.

If he took the Spence route with no promotion you telling me he's an attraction on his own??? How long did we wait for the heavyweight belt to come back to the States?... No one standing behind wilder. How you the heavyweight champ and no one is glorifying you?

And I know your not insinuating that wilder hasn't fought a handful of cans himself. Not as bad as a few years back and I won't blame the failed fights on him.

He's got two bargaining chips

His 0

His wbc belt
  • flazi likes this

#19 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

If he took the Spence route with no promotion you telling me he's an attraction on his own??? How long did we wait for the heavyweight belt to come back to the States?... No one standing behind wilder. How you the heavyweight champ and no one is glorifying you?

And I know your not insinuating that wilder hasn't fought a handful of cans himself. Not as bad as a few years back and I won't blame the failed fights on him.

He's got two bargaining chips

His 0

His wbc belt

he can make that all the belts if hes that confident.

• AZWildCat likes this

#20 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

he can make that all the belts if hes that confident.

Just a waiting game at the moment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users