Photo

Wilder/Joshua Fallout...More of the Same.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

http://www.fighthype...ticle34120.html

See what I'm saying? AJ's next two fights are already lined up, smh. 

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

If he took the Spence route with no promotion you telling me he's an attraction on his own??? How long did we wait for the heavyweight belt to come back to the States?... No one standing behind wilder. How you the heavyweight champ and no one is glorifying you?

And I know your not insinuating that wilder hasn't fought a handful of cans himself. Not as bad as a few years back and I won't blame the failed fights on him.

He's got two bargaining chips

His 0

His wbc belt

I mean, his undefeated record and belt are absolutely worthless to a man who owns 3 of 4 belts in the HW division whose country could care less if he fights cans.

That means AJ and his team have to want the fight. If he has 3 belts, why run after a 4th title against a threat? I mean....with that logic, Wilder is supposed to chase him if he wants the other 3 titles. Crazy, right? 

I'll go ahead and call it now....AJ holds those 3 titles hostage in the UK, something similar to Chris John and Felix Sturm and a few others. 

• flazi likes this

#23 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

I try to remain neutral in determining who's at fault because I really dont have a dog in the race but I don't know how to see it any other way but Hearn and/or AJ don't want the fight.

Edited by Franchize, 06 July 2018 - 05:53 PM.

#24 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

I mean, his undefeated record and belt are absolutely worthless to a man who owns 3 of 4 belts in the HW division whose country could care less if he fights cans.

That means AJ and his team have to want the fight. If he has 3 belts, why run after a 4th title against a threat? I mean....with that logic, Wilder is supposed to chase him if he wants the other 3 titles. Crazy, right? 

I'll go ahead and call it now....AJ holds those 3 titles hostage in the UK, something similar to Chris John and Felix Sturm and a few others.

He'll cross the pond soon enough

#25 thehype

thehype

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

• Root Admin
  • 21,516 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:56 PM

From what I've seen after speaking to both teams, NEITHER side seemed too eager to actually make the fight, but they both seemed willing to "talk" about making it. As it stands right now, Wilder has a 2-fight contract offer for $20 million ($5 million for an interim fight of his choosing and then $15 million to face Joshua on April 13) that he could accept if he really, really, REALLY wants to bump off AJ and money isn't a concern. Regardless of what anyone may think of that offer, at the very least, he has an opportunity to lock AJ in for April 13, and to be honest, I don't really see Wilder making $20 million in his next 2 fights if he doesn't accept these terms (unless, of course, he's able to get Fury, but I highly doubt that because Fury will want CRAZY money for the fight, which doesn't seem realistic if the offer is coming from the US side). In my opinion, he should've taken the deal simply because he doesn't appear to have any other options to make that kind of money in just 2 fights.

• flazi, Cshel86, AZWildCat and 1 other like this

#26 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:49 PM

The hype has spoken
  • flazi likes this

#27 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:24 AM

Damn, 20 mill for 2 fights seems awfully low for an undefeated fighter in a division that appears to be making a comeback. I mean shit, Adrien Broner just got 50 mill lol  :pleasantry:

• Cshel86 likes this

#28 mgrover

mgrover

Cruiserweight

• Moderators
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

Damn, 20 mill for 2 fights seems awfully low for an undefeated fighter in a division that appears to be making a comeback. I mean shit, Adrien Broner just got 50 mill lol  :pleasantry:

50mil for what? :o

#29 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:41 PM

Broner has the Floyd factor.... they'll pay just to see him get knocked out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users