• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

According to sources out there, this fight is set to happen by the end of August. Plant is a 4 year pro and this is first title shot. I won't hype him up, but man, I'm pretty impressed with this guy and what I've seen over the past 2-3 years. I was impressed with his recent outing against Porky Medina. 

Uzcatgui on the other hand is gonna truly gonna test his will. He's tall, rangy, throws punches in bunches and has respectable pop. He worked the hell outta Andre Dirrell in both fights, but we're talking Dirrell here. 

How do you all see this one going? Too soon for Plant? Good or bad style matchup? 

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Don't think it's too soon. We need to see what Plant really has. This is a very good test. Uzi is gonna bring it. Plant will need to land something hard to keep him off of him. I think Plant can outbox him, but it won't be easy. I can see Plant winning a split decision.

• Cshel86 likes this

#3 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:35 PM

good clash of styles here.  i like both guys but i think if plant doesn't move well then he will get beat.

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

Don't think it's too soon. We need to see what Plant really has. This is a very good test. Uzi is gonna bring it. Plant will need to land something hard to keep him off of him. I think Plant can outbox him, but it won't be easy. I can see Plant winning a split decision.

You said it right....Plant has to land something hard early on to get respect, if not, he'll be in the same situation as Dirrell. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

good clash of styles here.  i like both guys but i think if plant doesn't move well then he will get beat.

I just peeped that they're the same size, but Uzcategui has a slight reach advantage that he uses pretty well. Plant moved pretty well in the Medina fight, but that was Medina....I doubt if Medina and Uzcatgui have the same foot movement. 

The last thing I wanna see if Plant getting overwhelmed and mowed down. Uzcategui puts me in the mind of Margarito, regarding the pressure he applies and his punch output. I'm not sure if Uzcatgui's chin has been tested yet, so we'll see. 

#6 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

He will have all the media (Plant)behind him. Scarppy fighter and an a personality any promoter can sell. I don't think he is higj on skill set, he does the little shit right.

#7 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

Jose can crack and is relentless. When he rematched Dirrell, it didnt matter what Dirrell tried to do, he was in his face firing. Neither him nor his team could keep him off Direll's neck lol. I like Uzcategui because he's a fighter with length who actually uses it effectively. His jab is like a power punch at times. 

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

Welp, looks like this one is postponed due to Plant suffering a hand injury. I honestly didn't even know it was a done deal a couple of months ago, but here we are with another postponement. Gotta love boxing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users