• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#111 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:34 AM

Seems like the fight was decent. Easter had a chance to be great instead, he layed an egg, badda bing!
I read some interviews after the fight from Mikey, dude really wants that smoke from Spence. His brother doesn't look to thrilled. Spence response to Mikey is Redman's song Whateva Man. Spence even shitted on Mikey, this is the biggest name I can get right now...pretty much saying ain't the girl I want but she available so why not?
Mikey will put on 13 pounds and find out how to keep a killer off of him. Either way it is a win win for him. If he wins he will be the top dog at 135 and 147 if he losses it was expected and way to step up. Spence if he looks bad or losses that stock drops and Thurman will finally fight him. Mikey vs. Errol. Probably December.
  • The Original MrFactor, AZWildCat and KSUN247 like this

#112 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,036 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

Easter was exposed as a 1 dimensional fighter who couldn't adapt to what Mikey did all night. Easter is a 1-2  kid of guy. Mikey probably saw that, when he made the matchup. Easter is not a good technical boxer. After the 1-2 combo, he had very little left in the arsenal. Albeit, his 1-2 combined with his length made Mikey have to work for it. Once 1-2 wasnt working, it was clear that by the 6th round, Mikey was timing him and Easter became very discouraged. I think the 6th was the tide completely shifting to Mikey. By the 6th, I knew it was Mikey's fight, it was just a matter if Easter could survive. 

Easter was solid work, and I'm not diminishing him in anyway. He's a tough out for any guy. He has a solid chin and can fight. He's just a 1-2 Trick pony. Mikey cust off the ring and made the most of his chances when he closed the distance. I think Mikey is the most fundamentally sound guy in the game today. Its amazing watching him do everything technically right. The Tim Duncan of prize fighting.

Ok, Errol Spence/Mikey Garcia.... Well Errol's a much bigger guy than Anyone Mikey has faced.  In order to beat Spence, Mikey will have to walk through fire, hydrochloric acid, nuclear bombs and the Wicked Witch of the West's pussy stench. I dont think he beats Spence. I think this fight's  got action like Hagler Hearns and ends within 3. Spence's defence isnt very good, so Mikey's accuracy and timing will bother him.... Will he be able to do enough to hurt Spence?? Probably not. He will  snap Spences head back and give ooh's and ahhhs. But Spence is also gonna land on Mikey's body and break him down like he does everyone else. Think GGG vs Brook. Only this ends within 3. Spence is just too big. At the end of the fight, everyone will repeat the cliche line of "We have weight classes for a reason."

• KSUN247 likes this

#113 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

But Spence is also gonna land on Mikey's body and break him down like he does everyone else. Think GGG vs Brook. Only this ends within 3. Spence is just too big. At the end of the fight, everyone will repeat the cliche line of "We have weight classes for a reason."

Weight Classes Matter #TRUTH

#114 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

Easter was exposed as a 1 dimensional fighter who couldn't adapt to what Mikey did all night. Easter is a 1-2  kid of guy. Mikey probably saw that, when he made the matchup. Easter is not a good technical boxer. After the 1-2 combo, he had very little left in the arsenal. Albeit, his 1-2 combined with his length made Mikey have to work for it. Once 1-2 wasnt working, it was clear that by the 6th round, Mikey was timing him and Easter became very discouraged. I think the 6th was the tide completely shifting to Mikey. By the 6th, I knew it was Mikey's fight, it was just a matter if Easter could survive. 

Easter was solid work, and I'm not diminishing him in anyway. He's a tough out for any guy. He has a solid chin and can fight. He's just a 1-2 Trick pony. Mikey cust off the ring and made the most of his chances when he closed the distance. I think Mikey is the most fundamentally sound guy in the game today. Its amazing watching him do everything technically right. The Tim Duncan of prize fighting.

Ok, Errol Spence/Mikey Garcia.... Well Errol's a much bigger guy than Anyone Mikey has faced.  In order to beat Spence, Mikey will have to walk through fire, hydrochloric acid, nuclear bombs and the Wicked Witch of the West's pussy stench. I dont think he beats Spence. I think this fight's  got action like Hagler Hearns and ends within 3. Spence's defence isnt very good, so Mikey's accuracy and timing will bother him.... Will he be able to do enough to hurt Spence?? Probably not. He will  snap Spences head back and give ooh's and ahhhs. But Spence is also gonna land on Mikey's body and break him down like he does everyone else. Think GGG vs Brook. Only this ends within 3. Spence is just too big. At the end of the fight, everyone will repeat the cliche line of "We have weight classes for a reason."

It may go 5 that Mexican pride will carry him an extra 2 rounds.

#115 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

Mosley did it to de la hoya so it's always out there if your great enough.

Spence knows he had to punish Mikey and cave those ribs in early. I do remember Robert being quoted saying Mikey hasn't done any strength training for these last couple fights. His body has pretty much been perfect evidence of such a statement.
If he begins doing so again as he used to with ariza things could become very interesting against Spence. I've already agreed with the masses that the likely hood is Spence by ko mid rounds. Mikey needs a leroy green glow along with a master class boxing performance to pull this off
  • KSUN247 likes this

#116 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

But damn where does this leave Crawford?
  • MAHDI likes this

#117 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,036 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:52 PM

But damn where does this leave Crawford?

The winner of Porter/Garcia. winner takes on Spence/Mikey/ by the time the dust settles maybe Chief Keef will be healed and will have gotten his soft touch in..

#118 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

The winner of Porter/Garcia. winner takes on Spence/Mikey/ by the time the dust settles maybe Chief Keef will be healed and will have gotten his soft touch in..

He is with top rank. The Detox album will be out before Bud fights any of dem dudes.
  • The Original MrFactor and Franchize like this

#119 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

On another note, Robert Easter's mom was kinda hot! Lol

I was so freakin' blazed up on Saturday night....had to go back and read all of the psychobabble I posted. I watched a bit of the replay yesterday and it's fair to say that Easter wasn't ready for Mikey's power and couldn't find a way to get away from it for a while. 

It become more and more evident that he was a bit out of his league. There were opportunities for him to land, but he was discouraged as the fight drew on. No counter punches, horrible head movement, barely any feints, and last but not least, he didn't assert himself well, when it mattered. 

Man listen, his clinch game and inside fighting left much to be desired. Sadly, there's probably no chance of a rematch further down the line. At most, he's gonna have to take on somebody that Mikey fights and struggles against in the near future.

If he can come behind a lackluster Garcia performance against this particular opponent that Mikey struggles against, then maybe....just maybe he can make an account for himself for a rematch. 

Other than that, Saturday night was Easter's version of the Sixers/Lakers Finals...he made it all the way there, just to come up short and possibly never make it back to that point for a very long time. Hated it for him, but he just didn't press the action and got shook when Mikey pressured him. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#120 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

He is with top rank. The Detox album will be out before Bud fights any of dem dudes.

If bud got all those title fights to happen in his hometown, I'm sure those fights are no problem. When Mr buffet is involved expect things to happen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users