• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:02 PM

I ain't sure what to say about this fight. Lopez isn't even a gatekeeper at this point. A touch fight for Keith, his shoulder injury blah blah blah. After his version of Garcia's Rod Salka fight his ass better get in the ring with Spence or Crawford next year, the bullshit excuses need to stop.

Edited by Dolimite, 31 July 2018 - 07:04 PM.

• flazi, Franchize and KSUN247 like this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:02 AM

I wouldn't be mad at this fight if it happens. Run Time needs a tune-up. Lopez is kinda shopworn, but he'll come to fight. He won't just lay down. He'll make Run Time earn the win by KO.   I wouldn't even be surprised  at a rusty Run Time getting a decision win over Lopez. His "One Time" mantra is long gone. Time for him to come up with something new. And YES!!! He better be ready for the big boys at 147 lbs after this light touch.                        

#3 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

Opportunity to get his timing back with a guy who will come to win. Also a golden opportunity to get a spectacular KO. KO's put butts in seats. This is a soft touch who will look good in fighting back, but will lose by KO. Then Keith can say that he's back and fight the Porter/Garcia winner because there's no one else at WW to fight(hopefully some will see the sarcasm here)

• KSUN247 likes this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:01 AM

Almost forgot about Lopez. Last time I remember seeing him was against Berto, which he looked flabby and uninterested. I believe he fought on a PBC card afterwards, but I'm sure it was a soft touch. 

I can't complain too much about this fight for Thurman, I really can't. I wouldn't get too excited if he KOs Lopez, simply because I feel like he'll need another tune-up. Had he just been out of action, that's different. Being that he was nursing either his shoulder or elbow after surgery, I'll give him one more tune-up. 

At this point, I really don't care much for Thurman nowadays, mainly because he's been out of action and doesn't seem too high on facing big names when he is active. 

I can see him in against a Jessie Vargas after this...maybe the winner of Alexander/Berto this weekend...maybe. What about that Roberto Garcia guy? He just lost to Murray back in June, but I believe he's naturally a WW and he's never been KO'd. Who knows though. 

• flazi likes this

#5 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:30 PM

Almost forgot about Lopez. Last time I remember seeing him was against Berto, which he looked flabby and uninterested. I believe he fought on a PBC card afterwards, but I'm sure it was a soft touch. 

I can't complain too much about this fight for Thurman, I really can't. I wouldn't get too excited if he KOs Lopez, simply because I feel like he'll need another tune-up. Had he just been out of action, that's different. Being that he was nursing either his shoulder or elbow after surgery, I'll give him one more tune-up. 

At this point, I really don't care much for Thurman nowadays, mainly because he's been out of action and doesn't seem too high on facing big names when he is active. 

I can see him in against a Jessie Vargas after this...maybe the winner of Alexander/Berto this weekend...maybe. What about that Roberto Garcia guy? He just lost to Murray back in June, but I believe he's naturally a WW and he's never been KO'd. Who knows though.

Lopez has been on a 6 fight losing streak. He looked like shit in all his fights. At least he could of tapped AB. Broner ain't beating no top fighters.

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:53 AM

Lopez has been on a 6 fight losing streak. He looked like shit in all his fights. At least he could of tapped AB. Broner ain't beating no top fighters.

Lmao! Not a 6 fight losing streak. He won his last 3, but I'm not sure how he looked. It looked as though he went the distance with those last 3 guys. 

Broner aint fightin' no Keith Thurman....THAT'S when he can't decide whether he's a Jr. Welterweight or a Welterweight, lol. Broner can absolutely beat a few top names, but he has to bring pressure and remained focused. I think that's a tale as old as time, but we all know how that goes. Lol

• flazi likes this

#7 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:31 AM

1. Thurman Lopez is good for TV and Lopez.

2. Keef will take another soft touch before taking on any real contender. Likley a young inexperienced for.

#8 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:32 AM

3. Broner Thurman would do numbers and be exciting!
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#9 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:10 AM

3. Broner Thurman would do numbers and be exciting!

Crazy as it may be, but thats a winnable fight for Broner. 

• AZWildCat likes this

#10 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

Crazy as it may be, but thats a winnable fight for Broner.

Honestly if he has another camp like his last one and starts early then he can do some career rejuvenation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users