• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

Mark my words. Keefus will have another tune up after this tune up lol.  :gladfvck:

Even then, after the 2 tune ups, he'll end up fighting a guy like Mikey instead of Spence. Not saying Mikey is a push over but he isn't a 147 lber. His excuse will be "he called me out and I shook his hand. I'm a man of my word." blah blah blah

• flazi likes this

#12 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:04 PM

Mark my words. Keefus will have another tune up after this tune up lol.  :gladfvck:

Even then, after the 2 tune ups, he'll end up fighting a guy like Mikey instead of Spence. Not saying Mikey is a push over but he isn't a 147 lber. His excuse will be "he called me out and I shook his hand. I'm a man of my word." blah blah blah

He should fight Broner. Just saying.

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

Honestly if he has another camp like his last one and starts early then he can do some career rejuvenation

A win over Thurman would pretty much erase every loss and revive his "dying" career....aside from the Maidana loss. The Chino loss will go down in history, but it also showed tough Adrien really is. Had Chino landed those same shots on any other guy, it wouldn't have gone the distance. 

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I don't think Broner wants that smoke. We'll probably see Queef or Broner fight Peterson or Jessie Vargas, before we see a Broner/Thurman fight. I wouldn't mins seeing it while it seems like Broner doesn't need the fight. 

I wouldn't be able to live with myself, if I had to see a washed up, busted, pepper gut Broner facing Thurman a few years from now, because he needs the money. I can see it....Thurman at 154 and a washed up Broner taking on two soft touches and calling Keith out. They'll do that shit at 150 and Broner will look like the Hamburglar with a gut. 

#14 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:52 AM

About had two good back to back camps another one and this dude can be great again he just ran into fighters tht were technically better than him not more gifted but better boxers. Not to mention he's become gun shy. I noticed he wasn't letting his hands go like the old broner. I had money on Jesse but I'm watching broner like dude you could have won this easy if you was letting them hands go but he was pausing. Cunningham was a Great move but he needs a coach that's gonna bring that attack back. The ab that let hooks and uppercuts fly like one twos is who he needs to find. He's in their on auto pilot and it's sad cause you know he's so much greater

#15 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

About had two good back to back camps another one and this dude can be great again he just ran into fighters tht were technically better than him not more gifted but better boxers. Not to mention he's become gun shy. I noticed he wasn't letting his hands go like the old broner. I had money on Jesse but I'm watching broner like dude you could have won this easy if you was letting them hands go but he was pausing. Cunningham was a Great move but he needs a coach that's gonna bring that attack back. The ab that let hooks and uppercuts fly like one twos is who he needs to find. He's in their on auto pilot and it's sad cause you know he's so much greater

AB was able to stunt back in the day because he fought smaller and slower fighters. He was also a form of a weight bully at his 130 and 135 lb days. You're right though, he has become gun shy since the Maidana fight. 

I may be wrong here, but do you all see Adrien's body between fights? I saw some Ellie interviews from the weekend of Garcia/Easter and Broner had picked up a lot of weight, as he's been doing for years now. 

With that in mind, I'm not sure if he can pull of being this offensive guy in fights. I mean, he's never really been a big volume puncher, but given his shape between fights, I'm not sure if he can sustain that type of pace for 12 rounds. 

I believe he relies on counterpunching, walking a guy down, and overall being a slick fighter. 

#16 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:04 PM

Exactly his career before rap was the gym he took on too much and now ....... about bloat is raging
  • Dolimite likes this

#17 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

If he beats Thurman...
I may have to take him seriously again.
  • Cshel86 likes this

#18 AZWildCat

AZWildCat