• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#71 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:49 PM

lederman has always favored the "harder" puncher more aggressive fighter.  Doesn't matter if the aggression is ineffective or if they land less punches.  that is just his bias.  His daughter is the same way pretty much.  both fighters have to be even in the power department for him to judge a fight fairly imo.

What's funny is Lederman always gives his keys to scoring a fight before giving his scores. I don't think he really knows what Effective Aggression is anymore. LOL! He either needs some new glasses, LasiK or he just needs to retire beofre he is fired. He's horrible.

• flazi likes this

#72 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:37 AM

There was a reason why people ducked Alvarez.. I first saw him on an Adonis Stevenson undercard. Alvarez and Stevenson both won and were supposed to fight next. After watching Alvarez fight then, I knew Stevenson wasnt going to fight him. That was like 5 years ago. Kudos for Kovalev fighting Alvarez.. Alvarez wasnt supposed to win though.

Bivol was supposed to send Kovalev off into retirement. And let me be clear, Kovalev is done. Mid 30's, to get knocked out like that?? No need to come back. Nice run, but peace. Alvarez spoiled HBO's next big thing. Bivol has  no shot against Alvarez right now. I'm not even that impressed with Bivol. He's ok. Reminds me of the hype surrounding Tavoris Cloud several years ago. He was made out to be some monster, but when i saw him fight he was extremely ordinary and eventually couldnt beat the guys in the top 5. Thats Bivol. Alvarez beats the breaks off him today. HBO will not make that matchup any time soon. Artur Beterbiev appears to have more upside. He's knocking people's heads off. I'm not sure he beats Alvarez either, but thats a much better fight than Bivol.

• flazi likes this

#73 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

Rather see Bivol vs Beterbiev or Kovalev. 

BTW, that was NOT a bad stoppage. Any other time HBO would be complaining about it being too early. They're just mad the guy they were hyping got his ass whooped. It was shades of Lampley crying over Pacquiao getting KO'd all over again. Kovalev wasn't in some corner getting pummeled a la Tommy Morrison vs Ray Mercer. In fact, if Kovalev had the ring savvy and intelligence, he could have survived that round. Alvarez didn't go for broke for the KO. He could have bought time. Instead, he tried to be macho, not wrap up. Not use his jab (mirroring the entire fight) and got his head flown. 

Dear Lampley and Kellerman, stfu and accept that L. When you are finished crying, go take a look at Cshel's signature from his post. It's a quote from a little known guy who analyzes boxing a little better than you do lol

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#74 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

Rather see Bivol vs Beterbiev or Kovalev. 

BTW, that was NOT a bad stoppage. Any other time HBO would be complaining about it being too early. They're just mad the guy they were hyping got his ass whooped. It was shades of Lampley crying over Pacquiao getting KO'd all over again. Kovalev wasn't in some corner getting pummeled a la Tommy Morrison vs Ray Mercer. In fact, if Kovalev had the ring savvy and intelligence, he could have survived that round. Alvarez didn't go for broke for the KO. He could have bought time. Instead, he tried to be macho, not wrap up. Not use his jab (mirroring the entire fight) and got his head flown. 

Dear Lampley and Kellerman, stfu and accept that L. When you are finished crying, go take a look at Cshel's signature from his post. It's a quote from a little known guy who analyzes boxing a little better than you do lol

Not a bad stoppage at all. As I mentioned earlier, they were perfectly fine with Kovalev beating Pascal's brains out in two fights. They were all over that, smh. 

I need to pull up the Pac/JMM 4 thread...I'm sure it's full of memories and jokes about Lampley being a complete tool. And I just read my signature and realized it came from the Cotto/Geale thread! Too funny! 

HBO needs to live with the fact that Kovalev's done. Most power punchers don't know how to shift gears in their fight game, especially after they get outboxed and/or knocked out. I give Kovalev credit though....he's actually one of the better boxers of the said power punchers out there...he just doesn't know how to adjust when Plan A doesn't work out. 

• Franchize likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users