• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:10 PM

Oscar was interviewed and actually said he would be willing to make this fight.
This fight would be very intriguing. I think Spence help Mayweather spar for Canelo. With Spence's body shots and Canelo's shit stamina I can see a KO. Like Hopkins did De La Hoya. However Canelo does have power and is a game fighter, so...I say this could happen in early 19 or May 5th weekend. But I think Oscar is just blowing smoke up everyone's ass.

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,152 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

Canelo by TKO

Why? Because nobody believes it's possible. They've shit on my boy Canelo for years when he's matched against a "skilled" fighter. Yeah, the decisions were debatable. 

Since the PEDs situation came into focus, people have questioned his victories. Cool. However, PEDs don't equal "skills". Skills are acquired through training and experience, not necessarily from PEDs. 

I like Spence and I definitely respect his fight game. However, Canelo's a skilled dude who steps up to the plate when necessary. I can see this one being competitive, but I believe Canelo surprises us (aside from me) and scores a TKO in an exchange. 

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

If Kell Brook can come in with a damaged eye and take unnecessary shots I see Canelo outboxing him over 12 rounds maybe some flash knockdowns but no knockouts

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

If Kell Brook can come in with a damaged eye and take unnecessary shots I see Canelo outboxing him over 12 rounds maybe some flash knockdowns but no knockouts

#5 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:37 PM

I'm all aboard the Spence Hype Train! I think he steps up to the challenge and lumps up Canelo in a very fan friendly fight. Spence won't get the stoppage, but he will hurt him en route to a Split Decision victory. That's if Canelo gets past GGG, which I expect him to do. #ManDown #StrapSeason

#6 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:55 PM

Canelo by TKO

Why? Because nobody believes it's possible. They've shit on my boy Canelo for years when he's matched against a "skilled" fighter. Yeah, the decisions were debatable. 

Since the PEDs situation came into focus, people have questioned his victories. Cool. However, PEDs don't equal "skills". Skills are acquired through training and experience, not necessarily from PEDs. 

I like Spence and I definitely respect his fight game. However, Canelo's a skilled dude who steps up to the plate when necessary. I can see this one being competitive, but I believe Canelo surprises us (aside from me) and scores a TKO in an exchange.

You think he won't gas out?

#7 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

I think Canelo beats him because he's not going to make Canelo miss enough. He's a ferocious puncher at WW but Canelo is a full fledged MW. If you can take GGG punches, Im sure you can take Spence's, although Spence is a better body puncher. Spence needs to get a little more savvy defensively to convince me he's win. That said, Oscar is a lame for even suggesting that when Charlo and a number of other fighters deserve a bout with Clenelo. Make matchups with guys in his division. There's plenty of talent out there. Stop acting like there's a drought. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#8 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

I think Canelo beats him because he's not going to make Canelo miss enough. He's a ferocious puncher at WW but Canelo is a full fledged MW. If you can take GGG punches, Im sure you can take Spence's, although Spence is a better body puncher. Spence needs to get a little more savvy defensively to convince me he's win. That said, Oscar is a lame for even suggesting that when Charlo and a number of other fighters deserve a bout with Clenelo. Make matchups with guys in his division. There's plenty of talent out there. Stop acting like there's a drought.

Charlo would be my fantasy

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,152 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 12:34 PM

Charlo would be my fantasy

Pause

• Plah and Franchize like this

#10 Dolimite

Dolimite