• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 910 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:43 AM

Crawford wants that smoke, it's not no secret. But the fact that he's entertaining the Mikey fight more than the Crawford fight is astonishing. Where's the truth in that

Brook was touching up GGG-- not a slouch in there at all---Crawford was getting touched up by little Gamboa who may have been his most skilled opponent he has faced lol--- Spence has called out all for going on two years now. Garcia called him out and even said it would be an easy fight lol.. Spence and his camp is intelligent in calling Garcia's bluff if he wants to beat Spence "easy" like he says. Spence will get a decent payday and gain more fans after annihilating a game Garcia in 6 or 7 rounds...

Edited by MAHDI, 18 August 2018 - 09:46 AM.

#22 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:58 PM

Crawford wants that smoke, it's not no secret. But the fact that he's entertaining the Mikey fight more than the Crawford fight is astonishing. Where's the truth in that

Because he knows the Crawford fight is unlikely to be made. Why play the call out game when you know how Bob and Top Rank get down? It would take AT LEAST a year and a half to get Bob to seriously make that one happen. To me, that's more "TRUTH" than anything. Why even get the lip service ball rolling? He's clearly said himself that he calls out Thurman, Porter and Danny more because they're on his side of the civil war and it's more realistic of a fight to make. 

#23 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

I really don't wanna see Mikey outsized, outclassed, and eventually obliterated. I mean, I like both guys, but damn....is the sport that effed up that they have to push for a LW to face a middelweight-ish Welterweight? C'mon now, when will it end?

Mikey is putting even more pressure on the guys who don't seem too eager to face Spence. I get it, but dude....don't be the sacrificial lamb for the sake of the "fans". 

As far as I've seen, Mikey has done the sport well since returning, and I hope he continues that....without this Spence fight. What kind of Mikey will the boxing world be left with, after a Spence fight? I know he's game and he'll take punches for as long as his pride will allow, which isn't always the best idea. 

• flazi and MAHDI like this

#24 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:38 AM

My biggest concern is this....a Garcia/Spence fight would be a big deal, and I'm sure neither guy would wanna turn down the money. On top of that, Spence is doing what any fighter would do....take on the biggest money fight possible. I get it. 

With that said, how much longer can Spence make 147? Not too long, if I had to guess....which seems to put that much more of a rush on this unwarranted fight. 

I get that Mikey just won a title at 140 earlier this year, but let's be real, Lipinets may have been the easiest title shot for most 140 lbers. To me, that doesn't make Mikey a true 140 lber, but he still gets credit, nonetheless. So yeah, we're looking at a LW facing a big WW. Smh

• flazi likes this

#25 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:32 AM

Showtime's Espinoza said this fight is getting pushed to next year now. Too many financial complications to make it a PPV during the holidays. So if we see it, it'll be in 2019. If the money can be made right, I would put it as the co-main event on the Wilder/Fury card. That way, we can end the year with a certified Banger. #ItWasAllADream

• AZWildCat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users