Photo

September 15, 2018- Golovkin-Canelo II Preview and Poll (Closed Circuit Info as Well)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Golovkin-Canelo II-Preview and Poll! (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win Golovkin-Canelo II

1. Golovkin by Dec (Close) (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Golovkin by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Golovkin by KO/TKO (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Canelo by Dec (Close) (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

5. Canelo by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Canelo by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:23 PM

I'm tired of GGG and his team (mainly the man with the mustache) complaining and trying to bait Canelo into "not running" and fighting like a "real Mexican". For starters, let's be clear, the "Mexican style" mainly consists of the fighter having heart and fighting til the bloody end....that's what most Mexican fighters do. 

Having "heart" and fighting smart is possible, but the public makes us think that heart is all about slugging it out and going out on your shield. Not necessarily. Most of the public wants you to do shit that THEY don't have the heart or skill(s) to do. We all know this. I love the ebbs and flows of fights, that Gatti/Ward shit isn't for every fighter. 

GGG wants Canelo to stand right in front of him and trade, and the begging has gotten disgusting already. Stop it!. Listen motherfucker...if you're this critically acclaimed "monster puncher" and your ring generalship has been approved by the public, then fuckin use it. I'm starting to see why he wasn't in a rush to fight Saunders, but I could be wrong. 

I mean seriously....he'll make the same money in 2 rounds as he would for going the whole 12. C'mon, dawg.....this is the big leagues now and you actually have to work for your money, Golovkin and Sanchez. 

Fighters really get mad when another fighter won't stand right there and trade and take their punches. FOH! If he really cuts the ring off as great as the world says he does, then what's the problem with cutting the ring off against Canelo??? Do it and stop throwing fits because Canelo won't sell out. 

Me thinks that this is either a way to discourage Canelo or maybe GGG just isn't able to do what he once appeared to be great at. It's like people getting mad at Floyd because the Pacquiao fight was "boring". If Manny was this superhuman fighter with the "tools" to beat Floyd, then why didn't he do it?

It's a tale as old as time, but GGG better prove himself to be more than just a "monster puncher". HBO spoils these guys, hypes them up, then dumps them when things go left. Use your skills this time, Golovkin, and stop with the crying already. 

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:24 PM

What really is sickening about this whole thing is the HBO Commentary. Lampley F'ing SUCKS!!! He constantly calls punches that miss. That influences the casual viewer because they believe what they hear and not what they see. 

GGG is good, but he isn't this killer. He has been matched perfectly throughout his career. Same goes with a lot of guys. You are supposed to be matched perfectly or as close to it as possible to MAXIMIZE the income potential for the fighter/promoter/network. 

I think Canelo embarasses him this time around. He learned a lot from the Floyd fight. His use of angles have dramatically improved. He still isn't fleet of foot, but he twists his upper body really nice now and makes guys miss. He had GGG stalking and missing all kinds of punches, that Lampley was calling as landed. Canelo isn't gonna stand there and take shots, that's stupid. He's become a better boxer throughout the years. Hopefully, we can see a good action fight without any drama with the scoring, referee or anything else. 

Not feeling the GGG Hype and all the talk. Canelo by legit UD! 

#3 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:16 PM

i think what sanchez is basically trying to do is call Canelo out for his hypocrisy.  Canelo complained about floyd and lara moving calling them runners and now since he "ran" (moved) against GGG its like hey why were you talking shit about them not standing and trading but you won't stand and trade here.  I get what they are saying and doing but at this level it won't work.  Canelo isn't stupid.  He knows he has no shot going to war with GGG so his only option is to stick and move or swim without getting wet(credit trainer nazeem with that quote i love).  Canelo isn't going to dominate anyone at MW he definitely won't embarass GGG.  GGG will go to the body more and Canelo will gas in the later rounds as usual in all his fights that go the distance.

This fight is a legit 50/50.  Canelo doesn't have the power everyone thought he had and GGG doesn't have the ring generalship everyone thought he had.

• The Original MrFactor and KSUN247 like this

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

Majority draw. Neither guy will engage. They don't want to look foolish. Trilogy.

#5 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 10:22 PM

This is the preview and poll thread for Golovkin-Canelo II.  I heard that the pay per view is going to be $85.  BUT the show is being presented in closed-circuit theaters for $20 per ticket.  Much better than the PPV.  Maybe the dismal sales of the theater prices, which used to be $45 brought the price down.  I don't have an offical confirmation of the PPV yet.  But the poll is now open!

Closed Circuit locations and ticket orders can be found here:

https://www.fathomev...15 00:00:00.000

Jack

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:22 AM

I definitely want to see a fight in the movie theater, soon. If there's another semi-big PPV, I'll do it.....just can't do it with this one. I drink way too much beer to have to get up numerous times to go to the restroom. I just checked the local tickets in my area and there are several seats available. 

Boxing fans are hard to come by, so I'm sure I'll have a smooth night whenever I decide to take the movie theater route. I'm also curious about the PPV cost....$85 sounds about right, but they honestly need to come to about $65 for this one and any non-Mayweather fights. 

The only reason I haven't cut cable and stop buying PPVs is because I DVR the fights and record them to my laptop (from my cable box) and I get to keep them forever, so that's why I don't always mind paying for fights. By the way, there aren't as many PPVs as it used to be, so I don't mind paying. 

This is the first PPV this year, correct? At the very least, Wild/Fury may be a PPV, so that's two in a year and I'm cool with that.

Has anybody ever watched a fight in the movie theater? Just curious to know how it was. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#7 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

Haven't watched a fight in a theater yet, but I've been to places in MD and Texas that will show it for a moderate price, but you gotta buy your own food and drinks. Out here in Vegas, MGM and a few of their properties are showing the fight in a party room with snacks and open bar for $200. Some others are showing it for $100. May hit one of those up, since I couldn't get tickets. Undercard seems OK at first glance, so I don't mind dropping that type of money for this fight.

• Cshel86 likes this

#8 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 02:11 PM

I voted another "Pissed Off" Draw.  Remember, Oscar put up HIS OWN MONEY to make this rematch.  It's gonna either be a draw, or a controversial Ward-Kovalev II type fight with Golovkin losing to Canelo's low blows to the body.  Golovkin is going to have to score three knockdowns to force 10-8 rounds to have a chance on the cards.

Satch

• flazi likes this

#9 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:36 PM

i still wonder why people are picking canelo by KO.  when has he shown ko power against anyone elite or half elite?  Never.  Plus GGG has a beard on him.  GGG has the better jab, in order to move and win you need a jab and canelo's is subpar.  Still he will win by dec cause the cards are always stacked in his favor.  i heard there is some controversy about his gloves?

• Cshel86 likes this

#10 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:21 PM

Majority draw. Neither guy will engage. They don't want to look foolish. Trilogy.

I feel the same way.  Did you vote "Draw" in the poll?

Satch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users