Photo

September 15, 2018- Golovkin-Canelo II Preview and Poll (Closed Circuit Info as Well)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Golovkin-Canelo II-Preview and Poll! (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win Golovkin-Canelo II

1. Golovkin by Dec (Close) (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Golovkin by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Golovkin by KO/TKO (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Canelo by Dec (Close) (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

5. Canelo by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Canelo by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,029 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

I think the animosity is the only thing intriguing about this fight. I've said it once and I'll say it again. The first fight WAS NOT a good fight. It was sloppy and at times both guys, who were supposed to be top of the sport, looked like amateurs. I'm just hoping they try to tear each other's heads off. I don't see either fighter making any big time adjustments. I think GGG will try to start faster and Canelo will stay off the ropes but nothing drastic. 

• flazi and Cshel86 like this

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:40 AM

I think the movement of canelo and his defense had him a bit confused.  that and how canelo would turn around when ggg threw a body shot which would make the shot land on his back and get the referee to warn him about hitting on the back.  

Crafty move by Canelo. I need to go back and watch it again....it's been months and I need a refresher before next week. If you ask me, neither guy truly did enough to convince me that they should've had their hand raised. If it comes down to "the fight could've gone to either guy by 1 point", then both guys didn't do enough to get over the hump. 

I'm excited though....hope GGG brings it this time...and early, not in the middle or end of the fight like last time. 

• flazi likes this

#23 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

I think the animosity is the only thing intriguing about this fight. I've said it once and I'll say it again. The first fight WAS NOT a good fight. It was sloppy and at times both guys, who were supposed to be top of the sport, looked like amateurs. I'm just hoping they try to tear each other's heads off. I don't see either fighter making any big time adjustments. I think GGG will try to start faster and Canelo will stay off the ropes but nothing drastic. 

The 10th round was the only great round of a good fight.  I thought it was a good fight, marred by bad scoring.  I made the 10th round even, (10-10.)

Jack

• flazi likes this

#24 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

The 10th round was the only great round of a good fight.  I thought it was a good fight, marred by bad scoring.  I made the 10th round even, (10-10.)

Jack

interesting.  judges, i have noticed, don't seem to give even rounds so if you would absolutely have to give it to one of them who would you give it to?

#25 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,678 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

interesting.  judges, i have noticed, don't seem to give even rounds so if you would absolutely have to give it to one of them who would you give it to?

Golovkin

Jack

• flazi likes this

#26 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

Can't believe it's fight week!

I'm just ready for the opening bell to settle this BS. 

#27 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

Canelo has studied Mayweather well. He actually was fighting GGG the way Floyd fought him. He will have to trade more this time out and then we will see how he holds up.... GGG has to make it more emphatic and he will be take risks with his proven chin. I cannot call this one

• Cshel86 likes this

#28 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:23 PM

Canelo has studied Mayweather well. He actually was fighting GGG the way Floyd fought him. He will have to trade more this time out and then we will see how he holds up.... GGG has to make it more emphatic and he will be take risks with his proven chin. I cannot call this one

he tried.  he got hit with a lot of punches where as hit barely hit mayweather clean.

• MAHDI likes this

#29 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

The most frustrating part of this promotion is the language barrier. I mean, damn....how are we supposed to keep up when you have 2-3 people speaking at once?

Not only that, but it appears as though the only person we're actually able to understand, is Abel Sanchez. God save us all!

I'm just tired of the "jump up" headlines.....all to click on the videos and wait for a translator to clear it all up. It's even worse when the headline is click bait and you've watched a 20 min video with no real clarity at the end. 

• flazi likes this

#30 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

With Oscar thinking about running for president this fight has bullshit written all over it. Either a draw or a very controversial spilt decision.
I said Garcia and Porter would end in a draw I was wrong by a little....but this fight, the loser honestly has 0 where to go. Canelo if he wins can go back to fighting pretend middleweights if GGG wins he can go back to fighting blown up fighters. But if Canelo loses...there goes Oscar shot at the presidency and GB promotions, if GGG loses hear the accusations of cheating and maybe he will give David Lemuix q rematch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users