Photo

September 15, 2018- Golovkin-Canelo II Preview and Poll (Closed Circuit Info as Well)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Golovkin-Canelo II-Preview and Poll! (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Will Win Golovkin-Canelo II

1. Golovkin by Dec (Close) (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Golovkin by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Golovkin by KO/TKO (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. Canelo by Dec (Close) (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

5. Canelo by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Canelo by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

With Oscar thinking about running for president this fight has bullshit written all over it. Either a draw or a very controversial spilt decision.
I said Garcia and Porter would end in a draw I was wrong by a little....but this fight, the loser honestly has 0 where to go. Canelo if he wins can go back to fighting pretend middleweights if GGG wins he can go back to fighting blown up fighters. But if Canelo loses...there goes Oscar shot at the presidency and GB promotions, if GGG loses hear the accusations of cheating and maybe he will give David Lemuix q rematch.

I agree,

But the thing is Oscar is not a Don King type of guy or an Al Haymon kind of guy or even a Bob Arum kind of guy by judges voting against him.  The intimidation factor is higher with those guys than with Delahoya?  What's cute "grin boy" gonna do if they vote against Canelo?  However, I agree with all of the above.  That's why I will not pay for this fight.  Like the first one, if Oscar loses his cash cow, where does he go from that point?

Yup, If Canelo wns "He cheated again."

If Canelo loses "Oscar's company goes in the can."

Unless this "act" is set up for GGG to win, to do a rubber match.

Watch both be cautious and fail to engage for fear of a loss.

Jack

#32 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:26 PM

I see it going three ways...

Canelo puts on a Mayweather esk performance

Ggg Knicks him the f out early

Another draw/random bs ending
  • Cshel86 likes this

#33 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:41 AM

I see it going three ways...

Canelo puts on a Mayweather esk performance

Ggg Knicks him the f out early

Another draw/random bs ending

Here are the issues with that:

1.) Canelo's a front-runner.  He doesn't have the boxing skills of Mayweather.  Proved when Floyd won at least nine rounds in their fight.  I only thought Canelo won one round and there were two I gave him, barely.

2.) GGG KO ing him or TKO ing him is the only way that he wins.  Or GGG scoring about three knockdowns, forcing 10-8 rounds, making it not possible for Canelo to win.

3.) Draw or Bullshit ending is very likely,  Lamply and Kellerman, the promotional puppets of HBO, (Shame that Lamply in years long gone was once good.) all hyped for a trilogy.

4.) Ending on a very controversial KO/Low blow call with Canelo the winner.  A cut eye, a head-butt.

5.) Even if Canelo wins, he loses.  People will say he cheated again, the judging was rigged, Estevez the ref was bought.

You still have both guys possibly playing it safe.  Canelo is very hard to KO.  As is Golovkin.

Jack

#34 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:32 AM

Here are the issues with that:

1.) Canelo's a front-runner.  He doesn't have the boxing skills of Mayweather.  Proved when Floyd won at least nine rounds in their fight.  I only thought Canelo won one round and there were two I gave him, barely.
2.) GGG KO ing him or TKO ing him is the only way that he wins.  Or GGG scoring about three knockdowns, forcing 10-8 rounds, making it not possible for Canelo to win.
3.) Draw or Bullshit ending is very likely,  Lamply and Kellerman, the promotional puppets of HBO, (Shame that Lamply in years long gone was once good.) all hyped for a trilogy.
4.) Ending on a very controversial KO/Low blow call with Canelo the winner.  A cut eye, a head-butt.
5.) Even if Canelo wins, he loses.  People will say he cheated again, the judging was rigged, Estevez the ref was bought.

You still have both guys possibly playing it safe.  Canelo is very hard to KO.  As is Golovkin.

Jack

Jack

1 we saw John Molina turn into a helluva boxer vs the Russian Rocky, so nothing is impossible or too far off.

2 there's always someone who's never been on the canvas in their career that gets clipped. Yes his chin is solid but no one has an iron gut.... beware of the body shot!

3 I agree, shame how during the 90s Jim was actually a joy to hear call the fight. Now he's a promotional puppet that makes us cringe

4 perfect set up for a trilogy, dirty but it gets the job done

5 if he wins outright with no controversy or clouds then I'll give him his due respect

#35 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

Jack

Actually, the opposite is what's gonna make this one interesting, lol. 

Both guys have to do a little more than they did last time, which could result in someone getting hurt or stopped. If GGG starts faster and is more aggressive, there's a chance that he opens himself up to getting hurt. If Canelo steps on the gas and boxes the way he did in the first fight, then he could very well gas out quicker. 

Point is, the very little changes that both guys need to make, can prove to be detrimental. 

• flazi likes this

#36 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

Jack

If this happens then that Mexican "style" bullshit talk is dead.. and both PPV stock goes down with GGG suffering the most, Canelo will always be able to sell a 300 thousand plus PPV against some other mexican or other hispanic/latino

#37 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:23 PM

Yawl tell me how this one goes. Just not interested.

#38 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

i am looking at the judges for the upcoming fight.  Dave Morreti, Steve Wiesfeld and Glen Feldman.  Morreti scored the last fight for GGG 7 rounds to 5 as did i.  Weisfeld scored the Jacobs fight 115 to 112 for GGG. These guys seem to like the aggresor and seem to be pretty fair judges.  Interesting the one fight they worked together was the rematch between Ward and Kovalev.  

67 Glenn Feldman 66 67 Dave Moretti 66 65 Steve Weisfeld 68

Trying to go thru their judging history is hard tho, these guys work a lot of fights its amazing.  I have to do my research on the referee next.

#39 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 11:37 AM

Got a weird feeling Golovkin goes down in this one. I'm only saying that because I watched Alvarez/Kovalev last night and saw the not-so-big puncher floor and finish the puncher of the fight. I like watching stoppages like that. Lol

• flazi likes this

#40 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Got a weird feeling Golovkin goes down in this one. I'm only saying that because I watched Alvarez/Kovalev last night and saw the not-so-big puncher floor and finish the puncher of the fight. I like watching stoppages like that. Lol

Canelo just doesn't have that kind of heat.  Alvarez that Kovalev fought is a big dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users