30 replies to this topic

#1 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

http://www.espn.com/...battery-assault

Sad times for Jermain Taylor. He was on top of the world for a quick stint when he won the Middleweight Championship. Now, it's just a sad case of what happened to him in his post boxing career. He's been involved in multiple incidents of domestic violence throughout the years. I am not making light of Domestic Violence because it's a serious issue effecting too many families here and abroad.

Not a doctor, but I gotta believe getting punched in the head repeatedly as a boxer can impair the decision making process of these guys. Brain damage (TBI and CTE) are real issues these guys face during and after their careers are over. I know some folks are just wired differently when it comes to dealing with issues. Guys are gonna do what they do, but putting your hands on a woman in anger just ain't right. Walk away, if you can. 

I hope he gets the help he needs. Also, want the victims to get the help they need also. 

I know money can play a role in what guys can and can't get away with. 

Just thinking back through the years about the boxers who have Fell from Grace , some who recovered from their actions and some  who didn't:

Jermain Taylor:         Multiple arrests for DV

Edwin Valero :          Commited suicide after killing wife

Floyd Mayweather:   DV accusations

Oscar De La Hoya:   Accused of sex with underage girls, extortion attempts against him (plus, fishnet, hookers & drugs)

Mike Tyson:              Charged/Served prison time for rape (pretty sure that was a booty call, but the record will always state rape)

Tommy Morrison:      DUI, drunken assualt (retired due to HIV, eventually died from AIDS)

I know there are others, but drawing a blank here. Who are some of the guys, who we like as boxers in the ring, but did stuff outside of the ring that disgust you?

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

http://www.espn.com/...battery-assault

Sad times for Jermain Taylor. He was on top of the world for a quick stint when he won the Middleweight Championship. Now, it's just a sad case of what happened to him in his post boxing career. He's been involved in multiple incidents of domestic violence throughout the years. I am not making light of Domestic Violence because it's a serious issue effecting too many families here and abroad.

Not a doctor, but I gotta believe getting punched in the head repeatedly as a boxer can impair the decision making process of these guys. Brain damage (TBI and CTE) are real issues these guys face during and after their careers are over. I know some folks are just wired differently when it comes to dealing with issues. Guys are gonna do what they do, but putting your hands on a woman in anger just ain't right. Walk away, if you can. 

I hope he gets the help he needs. Also, want the victims to get the help they need also. 

I know money can play a role in what guys can and can't get away with. 

Just thinking back through the years about the boxers who have Fell from Grace , some who recovered from their actions and some  who didn't:

Jermain Taylor:         Multiple arrests for DV
Edwin Valero :          Commited suicide after killing wife
Floyd Mayweather:   DV accusations
Oscar De La Hoya:   Accused of sex with underage girls, extortion attempts against him (plus, fishnet, hookers & drugs)
Mike Tyson:              Charged/Served prison time for rape (pretty sure that was a booty call, but the record will always state rape)
Tommy Morrison:      DUI, drunken assualt (retired due to HIV, eventually died from AIDS)

I know there are others, but drawing a blank here. Who are some of the guys, who we like as boxers in the ring, but did stuff outside of the ring that disgust you?

Diego Corrales
Mayweather
Autro Gatti
Fernando Vargas
Duran
Holyfield (50 million kids)
Raging Bull dude
Jack Johnson
Buster Douglas
Larry Holmes
Broner
  • KSUN247 likes this

#3 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

Diego Corrales
Mayweather
Autro Gatti
Fernando Vargas
Duran
Raging Bull dude
Jack Johnson
Buster Douglas
Larry Holmes
Broner

Don't know how I let AB slip my mind? That clown is always in the news for something stupid. Not familiar with the outside the ring stuff with Fernando Vargas, Duran, Douglas, Gatti, or Holmes. Gonna have to look them up.

#4 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Jack johnson?  why?  the guy Ayala comes to mind.  He rapped some girl, did time came out and tried to box again.  i think he went back for the same thing not sure.

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:58 AM

Jonny tapia

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:14 AM

Diego Corrales
Mayweather
Autro Gatti
Fernando Vargas
Duran
Raging Bull dude
Jack Johnson
Buster Douglas
Larry Holmes
Broner

This. 

Holyfield's undoing was definitely the fact that he had over 10 children by multiple women over his career. Not only that, but bad investments (i.e. that damn mansion and taking care of family, friends, baby mamas, AND wives). 

I just looked it up and he has 11 children by 8 different women. WTF? I mean, that shit needs to be filed under mental illness, right along with women who have a thousand kids by different dudes. 

I mean, there's nothing cute about it. I grew up in the country parts of Louisiana as a kid, and man....it was nothing to see somebody with 7 or 8 or however many kids. 

Don't these people ever catch any diseases from this nonsense? It's right up there with Antonio Cromartie's filthy ass. I just don't get it. Man listen....as far as kids are concerned, 4 is my limit....only because twins run in my family. I just never understood the whole "have a bunch of kids" nonsense. 

• flazi likes this

#7 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

kids = money.  i like my money so the less kids i have the more money for me lol.  i have 3.  all adults now thank God but they still in my pocket just not like before.

• Cshel86 likes this

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

kids = money.  i like my money so the less kids i have the more money for me lol.  i have 3.  all adults now thank God but they still in my pocket just not like before.

:lol:

Glad I don't have any. If I don't have any by the age of 35, I'm getting snipped and calling it a day. The way this child support and family court is set up, a chick will have your baby and live HER best life with YOUR money, smh. I mean, when you have money, you can't just go out there and smash everything without wearing a hat. 

Somebody should've warned Evander early on, but nooooo....he just had to do it his way and now he's STILL paying for it. 

• flazi likes this

#9 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

Holyfield's kids should all be grown now. So he may be off the hook financially, unless he is still sleeping around unprotected. Evander ain't the only guy out there with multiple kids by multiple women. It's a crazy statistic.  Guys can barely adjust with one woman with a kid. Can't imagine having 2 or more women with kids. Just not worth the headache. I know folks love their kids, but you can expect a whole lot of drama when dealing with all those baby mamas. Every lady is gonna want theirs. They don't give a damn about the others ladies and their kids.

#10 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:46 AM

Jack johnson?  why?  the guy Ayala comes to mind.  He rapped some girl, did time came out and tried to box again.  i think he went back for the same thing not sure.

White Chics, booze, fast cars, and gambling. During Jack's day, nailing white girls was a no no.
  • flazi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users