Photo

September 8th-Garcia vs. Porter-Preview and Poll!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Garcia-Porter Poll (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins Garcia-Porter?

1. Garcia by Dec (Close) (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Garcia by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Garcia by KO/TKO (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Porter by Dec (Close) (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Porter by Dec (Wide) (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Porter by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#1 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,683 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

A tough fight to pick.  Who takes it?

Jack

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

Danny Garcia takes this in a very close decision victory. Porter walks into a left hook that drops him. That will be the difference.

Ps. Porter and his dad was at the Cedric the Entertainer comedy show last night. Can't show up late and not expect to get clowned, especially when you are sitting in the front row. Dude went in on pop's clothes.
  • flazi and Cshel86 like this

#3 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,683 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

I also picked Danny by a close decision.  It will be Majority or Split. KSun, don't forget to post your vote in the poll so that it counts!

Jack

#4 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

I am feeling either a draw or a KO

#5 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:40 AM

Porter by stoppage in 10...Garcia is going to get blitzed

#6 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,052 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:31 AM

I think Porter wins the battles, but loses he fight. I think Garcia wins in a robbery. He gets battered from pillar to post, but if he's left standing, he wins. Porter will have to stop him in order to win. Also, I'm not taking anything away from Garcia. Danny's got a solid chin and he's a good fighter, I just think Caveman clubber overwhelms Garcia. Garcia is very cerebral in the ring and Porter's style disrupts that and forces you to fight and not think. Candidate for fight of the year. Candidate for robbery of the decade.

• flazi, Plah and MAHDI like this

#7 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:55 AM

Garcia looks to be in prime form. School will be in session. Garcia thrives in fights like these. Swift UD/late ko

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

As you already know, I have Danny by TKO. DSG all day!

Thing is, I like when Porter boxes....he actually has a good jab (that he works behind) and has pretty good footwork.Thing is, Danny's gonna HAVE TO use his jab to keep Porter from rushing, the same as Brook did. 

Porter can box, but he's gonna make the fight by being the aggressor who presses the fight and makes Danny uncomfortable. Danny is gonna box him all night, while Porter makes mistakes late. 

He's always there to fight, which could work against him if Danny times him well coming. That's what people don't give Danny enough credit for, his timing. He's a tough guy who sticks to fundamentals....something Porter's gonna need when the fight gets sloppy. 

I've never seen Porter fight going back, so Danny may very well put him in that situation. It's gonna be a helluva scrap!

• KSUN247 likes this

#9 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

As you already know, I have Danny by TKO. DSG all day!

Thing is, I like when Porter boxes....he actually has a good jab (that he works behind) and has pretty good footwork.Thing is, Danny's gonna HAVE TO use his jab to keep Porter from rushing, the same as Brook did. 

Porter can box, but he's gonna make the fight by being the aggressor who presses the fight and makes Danny uncomfortable. Danny is gonna box him all night, while Porter makes mistakes late. 

He's always there to fight, which could work against him if Danny times him well coming. That's what people don't give Danny enough credit for, his timing. He's a tough guy who sticks to fundamentals....something Porter's gonna need when the fight gets sloppy. 

I've never seen Porter fight going back, so Danny may very well put him in that situation. It's gonna be a helluva scrap!

I just need DSG to open his eyes when he throws that left hook. At times, the punch just looks lucky, especially when he throws it with his eyes closed. LOL!!!  :lol:

• Cshel86 likes this

#10 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

Porter will have too much stamina

Edited by MAHDI, 04 September 2018 - 11:40 AM.

• Cshel86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users