Photo

September 8th-Garcia vs. Porter-Preview and Poll!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Garcia-Porter Poll (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins Garcia-Porter?

1. Garcia by Dec (Close) (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Garcia by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Garcia by KO/TKO (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Porter by Dec (Close) (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Porter by Dec (Wide) (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Porter by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#11 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:42 AM

I think Porter wins the battles, but loses he fight. I think Garcia wins in a robbery. He gets battered from pillar to post, but if he's left standing, he wins. Porter will have to stop him in order to win. Also, I'm not taking anything away from Garcia. Danny's got a solid chin and he's a good fighter, I just think Caveman clubber overwhelms Garcia. Garcia is very cerebral in the ring and Porter's style disrupts that and forces you to fight and not think. Candidate for fight of the year. Candidate for robbery of the decade.

Great analysis

#12 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:15 AM

Porter will have too much stamina

That's if the body work doesn't slow him down early. I won't argue with you on this one because I can't ever recall seeing Porter gassed in a fight. I've seen a lot of blood from cuts, lunging, and missed punches when things get ugly in there, but I've never seen him tired. 

• flazi and MAHDI like this

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

I just need DSG to open his eyes when he throws that left hook. At times, the punch just looks lucky, especially when he throws it with his eyes closed. LOL!!!  :lol:

It does look lucky, at times. I always have to count how many times he attempts it before it actually lands because it seems to come outta nowhere when it connects. Lol

• flazi and KSUN247 like this

#14 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

Caught Donte's Boxing Nation on his YouTube channel yesterday. He had special guest, Christian Thomas, Light Heavyweight prospect on the show. Dude was a wreck. All he could say was Ummmm! He did mention that Kenny Porter brought him in to spar with Porter for the Berto fight. He mentioned that in the 3rd round, he dropped Shawn with a body shot (left hook). Not sure why a light heavyweight would kinda brag about dropping a welterweight in sparring. You are the much bigger man, you are supposed to give him the work. Whatever happened to the old adage "what happens in sparring, stays in sparring?"  These new dudes looking for cred. You get no props from me for dropping a smaller guy in sparring. It's SPARRING!!! GTFOH! 

With that being said, that blind left hook from Garcia is starting to look like a reality if he can weather Porter's swarming. 

• The Original MrFactor, flazi, Cshel86 and 1 other like this

#15 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

As you already know, I have Danny by TKO. DSG all day!

Thing is, I like when Porter boxes....he actually has a good jab (that he works behind) and has pretty good footwork.Thing is, Danny's gonna HAVE TO use his jab to keep Porter from rushing, the same as Brook did. 

Porter can box, but he's gonna make the fight by being the aggressor who presses the fight and makes Danny uncomfortable. Danny is gonna box him all night, while Porter makes mistakes late. 

He's always there to fight, which could work against him if Danny times him well coming. That's what people don't give Danny enough credit for, his timing. He's a tough guy who sticks to fundamentals....something Porter's gonna need when the fight gets sloppy. 

I've never seen Porter fight going back, so Danny may very well put him in that situation. It's gonna be a helluva scrap!

His timing is very underrated.  2 to 3 rounds and he has the timing down.  its a thing of beauty actually.

• Cshel86 likes this

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:43 AM

His timing is very underrated.  2 to 3 rounds and he has the timing down.  its a thing of beauty actually.

And we'll see it again on Saturday night. As we've all heard and seen over the years, Danny isn't a standout talent or anything super special, but he sticks to what he knows and gets the job done. 

Porter can box a bit, but I'm almost sure he's gonna rely on bullying Garcia, which may work against him. People tend to forget that when you're the aggressor, you leave yourself open to be hurt or stopped. I can't see Porter's outcome being any different if he shows no concern for what Danny brings to the table. 

Since the Herrera fight, I've seen changes in Danny....slow but steady changes. He's gotten better at fighting off the ropes and fighting backwards and has been trying to be more slick with his upper body movement. 

We've seen him more bruised up after fights, but one of these fights are gonna be his big moment where he's able to put it all together and make a statement. 

Again, though Porter boxes pretty well, I hate his style of fighting because it causes the fight become sloppy and leaves him and his opponent cut and bloody. Mark my words, Swift by TKO in 5. Shelly said it!

• flazi likes this

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,155 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:44 AM

Caught Donte's Boxing Nation on his YouTube channel yesterday. He had special guest, Christian Thomas, Light Heavyweight prospect on the show. Dude was a wreck. All he could say was Ummmm! He did mention that Kenny Porter brought him in to spar with Porter for the Berto fight. He mentioned that in the 3rd round, he dropped Shawn with a body shot (left hook). Not sure why a light heavyweight would kinda brag about dropping a welterweight in sparring. You are the much bigger man, you are supposed to give him the work. Whatever happened to the old adage "what happens in sparring, stays in sparring?"  These new dudes looking for cred. You get no props from me for dropping a smaller guy in sparring. It's SPARRING!!! GTFOH! 

With that being said, that blind left hook from Garcia is starting to look like a reality if he can weather Porter's swarming. 

And it's gonna happen against the ropes when Porter thinks he has Garcia cornered! 

• KSUN247 likes this

#18 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:20 AM

And it's gonna happen against the ropes when Porter thinks he has Garcia cornered! 

I can definitely see that. I don't think he'll get the KO, but he will drop him. I just wanna see DSG talk trash after the fight. Still remember Porter acting out of character and jumping in the ring and talking trash to DSG. Can't wait to watch this one. 

• Cshel86 likes this

#19 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:40 PM

Danny underestimating Porter in my view. Time will tell if Danny can handle the Porter heat... He couldn't handle Herrera's work rate and he is pillow fisted???

#20 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

I picked Porter to win an ugly, controversial fight but to be honest, I see this one ending early with a foul. I think Danny is the better boxer but Porter is just way more determined and relentless. I think he has a level of competitiveness Most fighters don't and I'm not confident in Angel Garcia's ability to coach Danny out of that situation. Porter is an aggressive bully but differs from your typical brawler. He's athletic and tactical with his aggression. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get dropped with a counter or two however. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users