Photo

September 8th-Garcia vs. Porter-Preview and Poll!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Garcia-Porter Poll (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who Wins Garcia-Porter?

1. Garcia by Dec (Close) (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Garcia by Dec (Wide) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Garcia by KO/TKO (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Porter by Dec (Close) (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Porter by Dec (Wide) (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. Porter by KO/TKO (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote

#21 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

I can definitely see that. I don't think he'll get the KO, but he will drop him. I just wanna see DSG talk trash after the fight. Still remember Porter acting out of character and jumping in the ring and talking trash to DSG. Can't wait to watch this one. 

With that gold chain on outside of his dress shirt and suit, smh. I can't deal with the Porters and those suits....though they may cost more than I'll ever know. And Porter has about 4 or 5 different hairstyles going on. Dude has a temp fade, a high & tight, AND those 4 or 5 braids in his head. Cringeworthy, if you ask me. 

#22 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:54 AM

Danny underestimating Porter in my view. Time will tell if Danny can handle the Porter heat... He couldn't handle Herrera's work rate and he is pillow fisted???

You think so? 

Herrera and Porter are two different fighters in my opinion, but I get the angle you're coming from. The thing about Herrera though....he pillow fisted, but you have to "find" him, even though he's right in front of you. Porter, on the other hand is ALWAYS right there in front of you. 

If anything, I believe Danny underestimated Herrera. He had just come off of the biggest win of his career (against Matthysse) and got A LOT of push and ended up fighting in Puerto Rice, which I believe was too much pressure on him. 

In this case, he's already lost to Thurman, which I believe made him a better fighter since. They both lost to Thurman and want the rematch, so Danny's gonna bring just as Porter always does!

• MAHDI likes this

#23 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,045 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

Caught Donte's Boxing Nation on his YouTube channel yesterday. He had special guest, Christian Thomas, Light Heavyweight prospect on the show. Dude was a wreck. All he could say was Ummmm! He did mention that Kenny Porter brought him in to spar with Porter for the Berto fight. He mentioned that in the 3rd round, he dropped Shawn with a body shot (left hook). Not sure why a light heavyweight would kinda brag about dropping a welterweight in sparring. You are the much bigger man, you are supposed to give him the work. Whatever happened to the old adage "what happens in sparring, stays in sparring?"  These new dudes looking for cred. You get no props from me for dropping a smaller guy in sparring. It's SPARRING!!! GTFOH! 

With that being said, that blind left hook from Garcia is starting to look like a reality if he can weather Porter's swarming. 

I heard that show too. I had never heard of Christian Thomas, so i went and YouTubed his fights. he's a Lt Hvy version of Charles Martin. he's horrible. I think Dontae brought this guy on because Dontae had some issues with Kenny this week. Kenny was ambushed in an interview on the show, so there were some sharp jabs between Dontae's folks and Kenny.

• KSUN247 likes this

#24 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 02:32 PM

This fight can be special. Still on the fence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users