• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

The only reason this fantasy fight came to mind is because I remember seeing an interview with Angel Garcia, saying that he their team was seeking a Maidana fight after he beat Broner. 

Since Porter has a rush in and smother type of physical style, and so does Maidana....how would this fight play out? 

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 02:42 PM

pick em fight. would come down to stamina

#3 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Porter is a better boxer and Maidana has more power. I'll take Maidana by KO. Style is too awkward.

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:32 PM

I think Porter would win because he's the better boxer and Maidana's style works best vs people who don't want any parts of it. I also think Porter is going to be smart enough not to run into windmill shots. I will say however, Robert Garcia had Maidana's jab looking really good in his last few fights. 

• flazi, Cshel86 and MAHDI like this

#5 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:50 PM

I think Porter would win because he's the better boxer and Maidana's style works best vs people who don't want any parts of it. I also think Porter is going to be smart enough not to run into windmill shots. I will say however, Robert Garcia had Maidana's jab looking really good in his last few fights. 

The Porter that fought last night was versatile and not getting hit excessively.. This Porter would beat Maidana. Porter gets better and better

#6 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:09 PM

Hmmmmmmm I don't know, I think I'd just watch and enjoy; if I'd actually be enjoyable

#7 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

Maidana. I like Shawn Porter more, but their fights against Broner are very telling. Maidana is a much smarter fighter than Porter, and is possibly just as tough, and that'll probably make the difference. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users