Photo

Showtime@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Garcia vs. Porter-SPOILERS (No HBO Card Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

10th round was the best round of the fight and hardest to score 

• flazi likes this

#92 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:46 PM

Danny had all the tools but failed to let his hands go. Porter won the fight on activity alone. Danny landed the cleaner and harder shots and had effective defense, I was actually quite surprised how well he stood his ground and kept Porter from overwhelming him, but at the same time he spent too much time slipping and holding and not throwing, allowing the illusion that Porter was the more effective, because he was busier, making him able to steal more rounds. 

Let this be a lesson to Danny, that if you can't stop a guy's offense and keep him from throwing, then you got to let your hands go, so you don't get outworked, even if it isn't effective, you have to show you are not being controlled by the other guy, or else many people who can't see every shot will be skewed by the illusion that the busier guy is the one winning the fight.

• flazi and Franchize like this

#93 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:27 AM

I was shocked at how much shorter Shawn was compared to Danny. When Spence got in the ring, forget about it. Made Spence look like Manute Bol lol

• Plah likes this

#94 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,688 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 02:42 AM

115-113 Porter.  Shawn took most of the rounds in the second half of the fight and that made the difference in the scoring.  Many rounds were hard to score.

Jack

• flazi likes this

#95 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:27 AM

Porter grew as a fighter. Danny looked puzzled and Angel gave 0 instructions or ppans on how to use Danny's skillset. I give credit to KC and JoJo's twin, Kenny gave Shawn a perfect strategy. Good fight and Shawn snatched that title. His foot work was great, he didn't get flustered. He even countered a few times.
Danny has got to learn how to be aggressive he was waiting on Porter to show openings that weren't there. He couldn't completely sit down on his punches because Shawn kept moving. Great fight...The body shots Shawn was landing hurt Danny as well. Spence beats both men.

Edited by Dolimite, 09 September 2018 - 09:46 AM.

• flazi likes this

#96 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

once i heard julie lederman was a judge, i knew porter would have at least 1 card in his favor.  she loves the come forward aggressive style like her dad.  good fight.  i thought it was going to be easy for danny after 3 rounds but porter eased his way into the fight.  good fight.  danny just needs to be more active, you can't rely on your power at this level.

His power is a myth at 147.. at 140 it was different. Garcia better change his game and start coming forward letting his hands go.. Has decent defense.. good chin... decent movement, can pivot off the ropes but he does not punch enough... 

• flazi likes this

#97 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

Shields gotta get them teeth fixed. She might need to just fight without a mouthpiece. Let someone do her a favor 

:lol:

The only thing saving her is her body, which is actually nice. But yeah, them teefs gotta get fixed. 

#98 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:11 PM

Lmfao @ Angel. "Get low and throw the overhand before I hit you with an overhand." 

lol i loved that part

#99 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:14 PM

bruh lol

I give credit to KC and JoJo's twin, Kenny gave Shawn a perfect strategy. 

#100 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,060 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 10 September 2018 - 12:09 AM

They only needed 1 preliminary fight. Charles Martin shoulda stuck to skateboarding. How the fuck did he win over 10 professional fights. He's so bad, Leon Spinks can beat him now. Seriously, if George Foreman made a comeback today, he'd be favored to beat Charles Martin. The guy who beat him, Kownacki is nothing special. I think a guy like Dylian Whyte would make a great fight with this guy. Just punch away guys. No need for defense. With that said, it was an entertaining fight.

The second fight was horrible. You had a kangaroo in one corner who just kept jumping around the ring and a Cuban brother who can box a little. Boring ass fight. Ugas is talented. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his appearance. He looks like he can box pretty well. Just the wild swinging kangaroo was not a showcase type of matchup. We could have done without this fight.

Porter/Garcia. We all knew how the fight would play out. Porters bumrushes vs Garcia's poise. Ultimately Garcia was too poised and Porter started out boxing but actually became the same guy he always is. Caveman Clubber. Porter deserved the win, fought very well. I seriously thought they'd take it from him. Glad they didn't. Kenny prepared him well for this one. Danny fought well too. We all discovered that Danny cannot fight on the inside. He cannot handle a guy in his chest. He's not fleet of feet. I'm not sure where Danny goes after this one. He's literally the 5th best WW out there. I know he cant beat the 4 guys ahead of him. Maybe Mikey Garcia. That would be interesting.  

Next... Spence/Porter. Crazy as it sounds. Of all the guys in the top 5 at WW. I'm talking Porter, Thurman, Crawford, Garcia and Spence. Porter has the best shot to beat Spence, due to his style. Danny, Thurman and Crawford are very conventional. Porter is aggressive and willing to sell out to get his. Spence is gonna get hit against Porter. As a prediction, I think Spence stops Porter, but I do think Porter rocks Spence and makes it the most difficult and taxing fight Spence has ever been in. That's what Porter does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users