• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:49 PM

The problem wasn't that they lost Floyd. The problem was that they tried to drag him through the mud when he left. They made the the "cold war" worse, especially Lampley. They made it to where you had to choose sides on some WCW vs WWF shit. Problem is, when WWF (Showtime) gets the best talent inside and outside the ring, and your claim to fame is GGG vs Canelo  and your other PPVs have weak undercards, you no longer warrant the audacity to shit on anyone 

• Cshel86 and Dolimite like this

#12 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

This can be traced back to Floyd Mayweather jumping ship and moving to ST. Haymon took his whole team with Floyd to ST.

HBO then backed GGG and Kovalev who made it interesting for a minute. Interesting that when both of those guys lose, HBO folds.

They could come back, by signing a Deontay Wilder or someone like that who is truly anout o hit their stride in the sport. Mikey Garcia would be a nice signing or even an Erroll Spence. They'd have to spend some money and get some set up matches for all 3 of these guys.

How many more times can they show The Lego Batman Movie.. Thats boxing money!!!

#13 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

HBO is Done! They said they will only get back into boxing is if they can do a Big Time PPV. That ain't happening. The Mayweather/Pacquiao ship has already sailed and even if the rematch were to take place, Showtime is gonna host that fight.

#14 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:59 AM

I mean if they really wanted to stay in boxing, they could. Obviously they feel it isn't moving the needle enough to justify the cost. If anyone NEEDS to get out of boxing, it's BSPN. They suck at it. Teddy Atlas is the only thing credible about them. Who can take a network seriously when you have to watch a boxing analyst talk other sports he doesn't know shit about all week, but then a boxing match comes on your network and you have to listen to Screamin A Smith because he's nowhere to be found? I wonder if Max will start covering ESPN fights now.

#15 Jack 1000

Jack 1000

The Consultant

• Root Admin
  • 10,682 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

What kind of send off can we expect?  I wonder if we will get Classic HBO fights On Demand for say three months to relive when HBO used to be good for boxing"  This was up to and including the Lou Dibella era with the original Boxing After Dark..

Jack

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,157 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

What kind of send off can we expect?  I wonder if we will get Classic HBO fights On Demand for say three months to relive when HBO used to be good for boxing"  This was up to and including the Lou Dibella era with the original Boxing After Dark..

Jack

This is exactly what I'm expecting! They better go out with a bang and at least remind boxing fans why they supported the sport for so long. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users