30 replies to this topic

#1 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

http://www.espn.com/...owId=1-24814088

Middleweight world titleholder Billy Joe Saunders has failed a Voluntary Anti-Doping Association drug test for the banned substance oxilofrine, a stimulant, multiple sources with knowledge of the test results told ESPN on Thursday. Saunders is preparing for an Oct. 20 defense against Demetrius Andrade in Boston but that is likely to be canceled and Saunders is likely to be stripped of his 160-pound world title.

BJS can't escape trouble these days. First, he throws a piece of chicken at Deontay Wilder and runs for his life when Wilder's crew gets after him. Then he pulls a prank on a crackhead in the UK that cost him a fine of $100,000 Euros. Now, he get busted for oxilofrine. Not sure exactly what it does, but he should know better, especially with all of the testing. 

Makes fun of a crackhead, then get busted for using illegal drugs. Can't make this stuff up. LOL!!! Stay out of your own way Saunders!!! 

DAZN is off to a rough start and about to take a big hit, if they can't find a replacement to headline with Andrade. Andrade just has bad luck. 

If Hearn ups the $$$, I'm sure someone (Lemieux) who didn't get any real work on the GGG/Canelo 2 PPV wants a good fight. Lemieux should be ready to make it happen, if the money is right. LOL!

Edited by KSUN247, 27 September 2018 - 04:16 PM.

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 899 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

He should say it was in his food like canelo.. lol

• Cshel86, Franchize, AZWildCat and 1 other like this

#3 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Shocked me

#4 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Set-up???

#5 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

no not a set up.  Its very common in some fat loss supplements.  i imagine he was trying to drop more weight and just used the wrong supplement since they sometimes don't put the chemical name on the bottle.

I believe the fight will still go, just no title for BJS.

• Cshel86 and AZWildCat like this

#6 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

*** UPDATE: BJS said it was a nasal decongestant. And he was tested out of cycle. British Boxing Board of Control said he is not in violation of doping, so he can fight on the 20th.

Guess, BJS can catch a break. Hope Andrade is focused and sleeps this dude.
  • AZWildCat likes this

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

Goddammit BJS, smh. From the looks of it, the fight may still be on...which is a good thing. Why?

Put it this way, who was the most relevant opponent that Andrade's faced in his career? Martirosyan? Willie Nelson? Help me out here. As far as I'm concerned, the positive test happened a month out from the fight....that's enough time to test Saunders blood and urine. 

I'm not trying to spin anything here, I'm just looking at it from a business and career standpoint for Andrade. Okay, Saunders tested positive for Olly Oxen Free or whatever and can no longer win the title....that's if they haven't already stripped him. 

This is Andrade's chance to face an opponent with a name, get a title out of it (if he's victorious), and a payday. I'd say go for it and call the shots in your upcoming fight(s) when you're champion. 

I swear, if they call this off, Andrade's gonna find himself down that same rabbit hole of calling guys out, waiting, then outpricing himself and fading into oblivion. 

• flazi and AZWildCat like this

#8 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:38 AM

Goddammit BJS, smh. From the looks of it, the fight may still be on...which is a good thing. Why?

Put it this way, who was the most relevant opponent that Andrade's faced in his career? Martirosyan? Willie Nelson? Help me out here. As far as I'm concerned, the positive test happened a month out from the fight....that's enough time to test Saunders blood and urine. 

I'm not trying to spin anything here, I'm just looking at it from a business and career standpoint for Andrade. Okay, Saunders tested positive for Olly Oxen Free or whatever and can no longer win the title....that's if they haven't already stripped him. 

This is Andrade's chance to face an opponent with a name, get a title out of it (if he's victorious), and a payday. I'd say go for it and call the shots in your upcoming fight(s) when you're champion. 

I swear, if they call this off, Andrade's gonna find himself down that same rabbit hole of calling guys out, waiting, then outpricing himself and fading into oblivion.

Bobo got his ass kicked by a Charlo...so I guess that's a notable fighter on his resume.

Jullian Williams lost to Charlo not Bobo. My bad.

Edited by Dolimite, 30 September 2018 - 01:14 PM.

• KSUN247 likes this

#9 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:58 AM

Bobo got his ass kicked by a Charlo...so I guess that's a notable fighter on his resume.

They haven't fought yet. Something happened with the contract and then Andrade eventually moved to 160 lbs. 

#10 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:14 PM

They haven't fought yet. Something happened with the contract and then Andrade eventually moved to 160 lbs.

You know what J Rock lost to Charlo. You right.
  • KSUN247 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users