• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:55 PM

Goddammit BJS, smh. From the looks of it, the fight may still be on...which is a good thing. Why?

Put it this way, who was the most relevant opponent that Andrade's faced in his career? Martirosyan? Willie Nelson? Help me out here. As far as I'm concerned, the positive test happened a month out from the fight....that's enough time to test Saunders blood and urine. 

I'm not trying to spin anything here, I'm just looking at it from a business and career standpoint for Andrade. Okay, Saunders tested positive for Olly Oxen Free or whatever and can no longer win the title....that's if they haven't already stripped him. 

This is Andrade's chance to face an opponent with a name, get a title out of it (if he's victorious), and a payday. I'd say go for it and call the shots in your upcoming fight(s) when you're champion. 

I swear, if they call this off, Andrade's gonna find himself down that same rabbit hole of calling guys out, waiting, then outpricing himself and fading into oblivion.

I hate when fights can't get made certain fights just can't catch a break and it's hard to tell if it's them or everyone around them

#12 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

1. I dont like that ppl have become so numb and apathetic to fighters taking illegal drugs,

2. This hurts Andrade way more than BJS if they don't fight. 

3. Middleweight division might be the best in boxing with Keefus out of the mix temporarily at WW

Edited by Franchize, 01 October 2018 - 04:42 PM.

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:02 AM

I hate when fights can't get made certain fights just can't catch a break and it's hard to tell if it's them or everyone around them

Gotta put the blame on Andrade all the way up to this point. He's been outpricing himself and dealing with what appears to be bad management for years now. It just so happens that BJS pops hot, now Andrade has to live with that....in the even that the fight doesn't take place. 

#14 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

1. I dont like that ppl have become so numb and apathetic to fighters taking illegal drugs,

2. This hurts Andrade way more than BJS if they don't fight. 

3. Middleweight division might be the best in boxing with Keefus out of the mix temporarily at WW

1. This is so true. After a while, all we can do is....deal with it...I guess. Paulie's said it numerous times with no shame, in saying there's a lot of guys out here on PEDs. 

2. As if Andrade hasn't hurt himself thus far. There are a few hard luck fighters out there...Andrade's not one of em. I surely hope this still takes place, just for his sake. 

3. :lol:

#15 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,052 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Gotta put the blame on Andrade all the way up to this point. He's been outpricing himself and dealing with what appears to be bad management for years now. It just so happens that BJS pops hot, now Andrade has to live with that....in the even that the fight doesn't take place. 

I blame HBO for Andrade's career. They didnt make him a house fighter and build him up the way they did with Holmes, Tyson, DLH, Roy Jones, Mayweather,Canelo and so forth. He's possibly as good as Jones ever was. He certainly could have beaten 20 no hopers and looked impressive on his way to 50 wins, while real talent around him is ducked, dodged and carefully dispatched by other tough guys of the era. BJS is an ass for sure though, and this does hurt Andrade. The nickname boo Boo also hurts him even worse though. What grown man goes by Boo Boo?? Any time I think of Boo Boo, a small bear comes to mind.

• flazi, AZWildCat, Dolimite and 1 other like this

#16 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

As far as management goes who haven't we talked about in here top stank golden shower and a number of pbc monikers.... Management has proven to be untrustworthy across the board.....out pricing has been a thing for most of these fighters. Some deserve what they asking fir others have yet to prove their worth.
  • KSUN247 likes this

#17 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,199 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

But overall he needs a new nickname asap, it was acceptable till he hit puberty, anything afterward is only acceptable from your mom aunt n grandma.
  • flazi, Franchize and KSUN247 like this

#18 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

Well, if BJS gives him the business a la Lemieux, then the nickname "BOO-BOO" will truly fit. LOL! 

• AZWildCat likes this

#19 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:38 PM

1. This is so true. After a while, all we can do is....deal with it...I guess. Paulie's said it numerous times with no shame, in saying there's a lot of guys out here on PEDs. 

2. As if Andrade hasn't hurt himself thus far. There are a few hard luck fighters out there...Andrade's not one of em. I surely hope this still takes place, just for his sake. 

3. :lol:

Let me be clear. I have no sympathy for Doo Doo. But it did seem like he was finally going to fight someone worth talking about.

#20 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:39 PM

But overall he needs a new nickname asap, it was acceptable till he hit puberty, anything afterward is only acceptable from your mom aunt n grandma.

This. I'm sure they have some type of nickname generator he can use. Let Robert Easter get a hold of it as well. Cant take a grown man serious if I gotta call him bunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users