• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Canelo just announced via Twitter that he is fighting Rocky Fielding 168 lbs WBA Champion at Madison Square Garden on 15 December.

Twitter post is in Spanish and this is from ESPN.

Unified middleweight world titleholder Canelo Alvarez (50-1-2, 34 KOs) announced Friday on Twitter that he will be going up in weight to face Rocky Fielding (27-1, 15 KOs), of Liverpool, England, for his WBA "regular" super middleweight belt. Canelo said the fight will take place at Madison Square Garden in New York City on Saturday, Dec. 15.

#2 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,157 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:34 PM

I was so high when I got this news last night. I laughed my ass off, but scratched my head in confusion. 

At the end of the day, it seems as though people are already accepting it as a stay busy fight and basically an "eff you" to GGG, so I won't cry about it. I don't think Canelo stays at 168....he may have just set himself up to somewhat call some shots in the division whenever he decides to come back up. 

You know what I find funny? You know how fickle and bitter boxing fans can be, right? Here it goes....yesterday's Canelo announcement suddenly...just suddenly raised this whole, "Canelo is ducking Jermal Charlo" nonsense. 

It's pure nonsense! Most of these stupid motherfuckers have never liked Jermal, let alone both of the Charlo brothers. I mean, people talked so much shit about him after the Jacobs confrontation, and now this? FOH!

I love the Charlos and I'm almost sure he'll give Canelo a run for his money. However, nobody's ducking the Charlos....Canelo fought Lara of all people, why not fight Jermal? From what I understand, Canelo was supposed to get embarrassed in that fight. We saw how it all played out. 

So yeah, the only people saying that bullshit are the butthurt GGG fans That's got to be the case. On top of that, people are giving Canelo shit for fighting the "weakest" champ at 168. FOH! He could've fought a stay busy fight against...uh...some no name at MW. I don't see anybody tearing ass about Mikey fighting Lipinets for the strap at 140. 

Besides, Canelo's way too small for 168, most of those guys are AT LEAST 5'11 or 6'0 and walk around north of 190 lbs between fights. Hell, Canelo's pushing it at MW, being that most of those guys are about 5'10. 

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

Who is this guy? The only intriguing thing is, can Canelo hang with guys bigger and stronger?

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

who.jpg

• Cshel86 and AZWildCat like this

#5 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

who.jpg

The guy from the discount double check commercial!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users