144 replies to this topic

#141 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:09 PM

Crawford v Indongo part 2 anyone? lol 

With Manny jumping ship, even that fight is out of the window. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#142 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

Great insight above, but on the real, the Proclamation that Crawford is the p4p best in the world is pure bullshit!!! 

I have no problem with Bud Crawford being the #1 P4P.  Besides Canelo, what active fighter has a better resume than Crawford? I would argue that Run-Time Thurman's resume is better, but he's on the shelf. Bud KO'ed an undefeated blown up Gamboa, unified 140 against undefeated Indongo, and now beat Horn and Benavides at 147 lbs. He's the real deal, but wanna see him against some PBC fighters. 

I'm not feeling the Loma love as the #1 P4P. That was ESPN/HBO hype. Not enough pro fights and I think most of the love was based off his amateur record.

Who would ya'll consider the #1 P4P?  I got Bud as the #1 P4P, but I think Mikey Garcia should get some love and be in the coversation. 

For the record, I think Spence gonna put them hands on Bud if/when they ever fight. 

• MAHDI likes this

#143 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

they had a purse bid that haymon won but kovalev team pulled out of it.

We have to ask why it even came down to a purse bid. It was because of Haymon stepping in and doing what he did, THEN Kovalev's team dropped out of the purse bid. I get it, the bid is a mediation tactic when both sides can't agree, but their only other choices were to accept Haymon's offer or back out of the fight. 

#144 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

Great insight above, but on the real, the Proclamation that Crawford is the p4p best in the world is pure bullshit!!! 

Some are whispering the same sentiments about Spence, which is BS too. He's fought Algieri, Brook, and Peterson...all 3 of which can be dissected based on their circumstances at that time.

Algieri's a kickboxer with decent boxing skills, Brook had trouble making the weight before that fight even got announced and he was beaten badly by GGG, AND Peterson's not even a WW. They all signed the contract so we can't complain too much...but that's what it is. 

We're complaining and down talking Crawford's resume, but give Spence a pass by saying that everybody's ducking him. We gotta stop this. Crawford's active and fighting whomever, but Spence is getting a pass. If he feels he can fight at 154 and 160, then he needs to just move up. 

#145 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

Algeri was said to have advantages on Spence before he got damned near killed and many said that it was an "if" that Spence would beat Peterson and the Spence proceeds to beat him like a toddler-- people have offered more excuse for Brook than he has--Spence is not getting a pass. He has called for all the top guys... notice after Crawford's bout called for no one. Did not even mention a top guy lol.. Porter, Garcia.. they all said they wanted Spence.. Even Garcia, Thurman. Spence is still a 147 and a major player and it seems the other welters are stalling in hopes he leaves the division

• The Original MrFactor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users