• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:36 PM

Canelo inks multi-fight deal with DAZN. His fight with Rocky Fielding on 15 December at Madison Square Garden to be shown on the DAZN streaming service. I guess Hearn ain't messing around. I wonder how much it cost to get Oscar and Canelo to make this deal? Maybe this breathes a little life back into Golden Boy Promotions. Their Facebook Live streams haven't been great.

#2 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:27 AM

10 fights for 345 Million. But 10 fights against who? British bums or real fighters? I give Canelo props, he has a helluva resume and honestly he hasn't dodged too many people. Now he has gotten gifts and fought fighters at their lowest point but hey. I wonder who these ten fighters will be and how is Eddie going to pony up the money...Canelo just called Mayweather out....

#3 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:58 AM

Good for Canelo! And for all the dumbasses out there on the net....he didn't SIGN with Hearn. I can't believe folks are getting this mixed up. Anyway, this is definitely a power play for Canelo and he deserves it!

He's been on Showtime already and I'm sure got paid handsomely, but it looks as though bigger things are on the horizon! Showtime would've been a great choice, if we're strictly basing it off of opponents selections. At the end of the day, it's about money....that much about the sport hasn't changed. 

And for all the other guys he could've fought....those same guys need to make some noise against each other, so a Canelo would be even bigger. I'm tired of these guys fighting cans, then get mad at the top guys and say they're ducking them. Stop it. 

And these pictures of Canelo and Fielding side by side with the exaggerated size difference are hilarious! :lol:

#4 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:02 PM

I mean I get why you want to have Canelo signed for a 10 fight deal but I'm not sure there's 10 fights worth seeing, especially if he stays at 168. If he stays at MW, theres definitely fights there but is he seriously going to fight those guys? Jacobs, Charlo, BJS etc. I think not. 

#5 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:40 AM

Think the Rocky fight is just a stay busy fight against a so-called soft touch for a championship in another weight class. Not mad at that or the money he signed for. That's a lot of $$$. Lance Pugmire and some other source is saying that's the richest contract ever in boxing. I thought Floyd's Showtime contract eclipsed that ($200+ Million for 6 fights) was the richest. I'm pretty sure they aren't basing it on PPV sales.

Wonder if GGG will follow suit? His team is claiming they got offers from Showtime, ESPN, DAZN and another non-boxing network.

*** My bad on the Hearn info. This Canelo deal is independent of the Hearn's DAZN deal. I created the post quick after seeing all kinds of tweets from multiple boxing outlets. I think, most folks associate DAZN with Hearn and that's why I assumed he had something to do with it. He's even in the group pic of Canelo and Oscar signing the contract. Either way, DAZN is making waves in the boxing industry. 

Edited by KSUN247, 23 October 2018 - 09:02 AM.

• Cshel86 likes this

#6 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:22 AM

Curious to see Showtime's next move. Seems to me like they should be more actively be trying to completely take over right now rather than let DAZN basically become another HBO and create another potential Civil War in the sport. 

#7 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:51 AM

Showtime broadcasts their fights on the Showtime App and some stuff on Facebook (usually, the preliminary fights). Showtime is still in the game. They won't let DAZN just take over. I'm sure they'll step up to the challenge. I'm just inpatiently waiting to hear something. Kinda feel like Pookie in New Jack City, "It's calling me!"  I need that boxing fix! LOL!  :D

Edited by KSUN247, 23 October 2018 - 09:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users