• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:04 PM

How many people are going to pay for DAZN? Ad let's be honest, Al ain't worried. All the named fighters are with him. DAZN fighters put themselves on an Island and to be honest I don't want to pay for a fyckin boxing stream.

#12 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:57 AM

I got mines. 10 dollars a month... Just gotta be able to watch these bouts!!!

#13 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

How many people are going to pay for DAZN? Ad let's be honest, Al ain't worried. All the named fighters are with him. DAZN fighters put themselves on an Island and to be honest I don't want to pay for a fyckin boxing stream.

I feel you on not wanting to pay for it, but let's be even more honest here....ESPN+ was so fuckin horrible, then along came DAZN with better streaming quality (at least on my end) and better fights (thus far). 

If I absolutely had to pay for a stream, DAZN would get my money right now. I (as many others) am still a bit concerned about the consistency of the streams and so on. Paying for cable is enough, but dammit, when I flip to a station, it better effin play with NO interruption, unless the weather's bad. 

I'll give it a shot in the meantime. You're right and I was thinking the same thing....DAZN fighters seem to be on an island right now. Does that present more issues concerning potential matchups? I told my self to stop asking stupid questions this year, but I had to ask that one....just for the road. Lol

• KSUN247 likes this

#14 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

It's not just boxing on DAZN. They got MMA (Bellator), WBSS and other stuff. Plus, they show the entire card (pre-fights included). Didn't get that with HBO. With Showtime, you had to watch the Showtime Extreme channel prior to main card and Facebook Live for prelim fights. DAZN shows it all. IMO, it's not bad for $10/month. 

#15 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

they already charged me the first 9.99, so yeah they got my money.  i  have been impressed so far, i have only had one problem last week.  They have lots of older fights on their channel.

• Cshel86 likes this

#16 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

they already charged me the first 9.99, so yeah they got my money.  i  have been impressed so far, i have only had one problem last week.  They have lots of older fights on their channel.

That's how they getcha! 

:lol:

#17 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:05 PM

It's not just boxing on DAZN. They got MMA (Bellator), WBSS and other stuff. Plus, they show the entire card (pre-fights included). Didn't get that with HBO. With Showtime, you had to watch the Showtime Extreme channel prior to main card and Facebook Live for prelim fights. DAZN shows it all. IMO, it's not bad for $10/month. 

That's what I like about it thus far! You can literally watch boxing at like 3pm (EST) until midnight or whatever. It reminds me of the days of a big fight on HBO or Showtime, but there's also a UK fight on earlier in the day...so I literally sit there and watch boxing on and off all day!

The day I have a family and children are gonna be tough when it comes to stuff like this because I swear, I gotta have my boxing and I love watching it in peace! 

• KSUN247 likes this

#18 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Since there wasn't a thread on the Andrade/Kautondokwa fight, figured we can have a Weekend Recap thread for some of the not so highly publicized boxing events over the weekend. 

On DAZN, the main event between Demetrius "Boo-Boo" Andrade and Walter Kautondokwa was another typical performance by Andrade. He looked great early on. He got, I believe 3 knockdowns in the first few rounds. I thought Kautondokwa should have got credited with a Boo-Boo knockdown. It was a double knockdown, but the ref missed Andrade's glove touching the canvas. Kautondkwa was game, but outmatched with Andrade's boxing ability and speed. Andrade should have gotten that dude out of there within 5 or 6 rounds. I know everyone can't be knocked out, but Andrade took his foot off the gas and started moving a lot more than he needed to do. 

Would have really loved to see BJS in that fight versus Andrade. Congrats on Andrade earning a piece of the middleweight crown. I would rate his performance a "B' because he left a lot to be desired in his victory. A win is a win, but when trying to make a name for yourself, you gotta do something to make a name for yourself. Don't think he did that. He did talk some trash after the fight. Love to see him get in there with a top dude at 160 lbs.

DAZN Co-main Event was supposed to be a showcase fight for 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist Katie Taylor vs Cindy Serrano. Fight was extremely boring to me as it appeared Serrano was just in there to survive and collect a paycheck. Cindy Serrano didn't do anything of note and Taylor tried to make it interesting, but she needed a willing opponent. Taylor by Unanimous Decision. Taylor and team calls out little sister Amanda Serrano. Amanda is a totally different fighter than big sister Cindy. She would have let her hands go and would be a threat to Taylor. Not sure if she'll beat her, but we can only find out if they ever meet in the ring. Amanda Serrano has committed to MMA, so we may never see it, unless the money is right. 

IBF Champ Tevin Farmer scores a 5th round TKO over James Tennyson. This was a decent scrap. Tennyson got dropped by body shot in 3rd or 4th round. Then Farmer hit him with another body shot in the 5th and he buckled and thought about going down but decided against it. It was funny to see. But then Farmer dropped him again and the ref called it off. Good win by Farmer who called out Gervonta "Tank" Davis after the fight. Would love to see that one. 

Tank Davis and Shakur Stevenson went in on each other on Social Media. I guess that's the way these new dudes got to get street cred. Pop off on Social Media and hope it builds the public's interest in a real fight in the ring. 

On ESPN+ Ryoto Murata defended his 160 lbs WBA Championship against Rob Brant. Brant took it to Murata for 12 rounds and took his title. Not sure it was a big upset, but Vegas has Murata slightly favored. Funny thing is GGG's promoter was in attendance scouting Murata as a future easy opponent for GGG. Too bad Brant canceled those plans. Gotta love when upsets happen, unless you lost money on them.  LOL! GGG is still without a network. Maybe they will still go after the WBA belt now held by Brant.

There were other fights on both DAZN and ESPN+, but those are the main ones that I liked. 

If Showtime is smart, they go after GGG hard. Even at his age, there's still plenty of valuable fights to be made. 

Edited by Franchize, 27 October 2018 - 10:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users