• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

I gotta admit, I love watching these guys fight! They're great for the sport, in and out of the ring (for the most part). I honestly don't remember any fights being scheduled this close to Christmas, but here we have it! 

Harrison and Monroe have their hands full though!

:lol:

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:01 PM

I gotta admit, I love watching these guys fight! They're great for the sport, in and out of the ring (for the most part). I honestly don't remember any fights being scheduled this close to Christmas, but here we have it! 

Harrison and Monroe have their hands full though!

harrison is the better of the two but has crappy stamina. Monroe needs to give it up. He is horrible

Edited by MAHDI, 24 October 2018 - 02:01 PM.

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,688 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:32 AM

Their IG is comedy, but they train. I been on the Charlos for a minute. They will be the men to be beat...if big names give them a shot.
  • Cshel86 and KSUN247 like this

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

harrison is the better of the two but has crappy stamina. Monroe needs to give it up. He is horrible

Seriously! All you have to do is outlast Harrison and he's outta there! Jermel's gonna clip him early and get him outta there, just to one-up Hurd, whom took 9 rounds to get him outta there.

As for Monroe, to me....he just plays it way too safe, but Jermal won't play with him at all. I'm not saying he has to sell out, but that Mongoose shit is gonna have to go out the window after the 3rd or 4th round...that's if Jermal doesn't pressure him early. 

• MAHDI likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Their IG is comedy, but they train. I been on the Charlos for a minute. They will be the men to be beat...if big names give them a shot.

Agreed. There are still names out there for both of them to fight in the meantime, so they'll probably have to continue to fight whomever they put in front of them until they actually look bad in a fight....then I can see somebody stepping up to the plate. 

An Andrade/Jermal fight sounds like a big deal, but what's happening is, a lot of these guys aren't fighting anybody, but locking in somewhat lucrative "deals" and hiding behind them. 

Andrade hasn't really even fought anybody, but now that he's in with Hearn AND he's the WBO champ, let's just prepare for him to CONTINUE pricing himself out. Nothing new there. At the end of the day, you still have Saunders, Lemiuex (if they aren't holding him for Canelo), and the winner of the Jacobs fight this weekend, which probably WON'T be Jacobs (yeah I said it). 

At this point, Jermel (at 154) has a few more options than his brother. 

#6 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

These fights are very good showcase fights for the Charlo's. They get to headline a boxing card with PBC. Even though it's not in Houston, Texas, New York is a great place for them to fight. A lot of casuals are hip to the Charlos, so making statements by KO'ing these guys will go a long way to getting the Charlo name out there. Harrison will bring it for a bit, but Charlo will KO him in 7 or 8. Monroe gets sparked in 5.

• Cshel86 likes this

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:27 AM

These fights are very good showcase fights for the Charlo's. They get to headline a boxing card with PBC. Even though it's not in Houston, Texas, New York is a great place for them to fight. A lot of casuals are hip to the Charlos, so making statements by KO'ing these guys will go a long way to getting the Charlo name out there. Harrison will bring it for a bit, but Charlo will KO him in 7 or 8. Monroe gets sparked in 5.

Yes, I love the Charlos (no homo)! They should fight in Texas more....the flights to Texas are always under $200, which spells "victory" in my book! I honestly wanna Jermal vs Canelo at the Cowboys Stadium...that would be huge! Jermel and Spence could have their biggest fights in Texas as well!

These are definitely showcase bouts and I'm actually more interested in how Harrison and Monroe step up to the plate. I mean, really....what do they have to lose here? 

• KSUN247 likes this

#8 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:57 AM

Yes, I love the Charlos (no homo)! They should fight in Texas more....the flights to Texas are always under $200, which spells "victory" in my book! I honestly wanna Jermal vs Canelo at the Cowboys Stadium...that would be huge! Jermel and Spence could have their biggest fights in Texas as well!

These are definitely showcase bouts and I'm actually more interested in how Harrison and Monroe step up to the plate. I mean, really....what do they have to lose here? 

Nothing but the match. Their pride will get bruised. Since they are supposed to lose the fight, they just want to make sure they don't become a MEME or be on an ESPN highlight reel. LOL!  I'm thinking one of them will become a meme and both get KO'ed. Question is, did they get paid enough to take the ass whipping that's coming? LOL!  :D

• Cshel86 likes this

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,944 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

Nothing but the match. Their pride will get bruised. Since they are supposed to lose the fight, they just want to make sure they don't become a MEME or be on an ESPN highlight reel. LOL!  I'm thinking one of them will become a meme and both get KO'ed. Question is, did they get paid enough to take the ass whipping that's coming? LOL!  :D

We'll see about the payouts for the fight, ESPN is pretty good about reporting it on fight week. I like both underdogs in this one, though I see them losing of course. 

Between both brothers, I believe we've seen Jermel more frustrated during fights when he's not able to get off. Jermal seems more patient...and both of those dudes are mean as hell in there!

Anyhow, I hope both underdogs show up because I'd like to see them continue to be decent names at 54 and 60. Monroe's been in with big punchers, so he may very well last a bit longer than Harrison in there, if it comes down to it. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#10 KSUN247

KSUN247

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

I like all four guys, but the Charlos are special. They want respect from the opponents, the media and from the fans. They both will put on a show and try to make a statement. All we can hope for is that Monroe and Harrison are game and come to fight or box smartly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users