• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Had to pose this question because we haven't done a list in a good minute. I really don't wanna get into the P4P talk, but it's impossible to avoid when you're talking about your top fighters. 

Let's just put it this way...who are your top 3 fighters for whatever reason? Better? Gotcha.  :agree:

In no particular order (and I'll explain mine later):

1. Badou Jack

2. Canelo Alvarez

3. Danny Garcia

#2 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:09 AM

1 - Errol Spence Jr  (Nice skills, power, relentless and feared by PBC welterweights)

2 - Terrance Crawford (Great skills, smart/ring IQ, switch hitter, killer instinct/F'ing mean (got that from his momma))

3 - Mikey Garcia (Smart/ring IQ, Great fundamentals/does everything well, power)

Honorable Mention: Canelo Alvarez (Ring IQ, constantly improving, power, cash cow/fan base is mad crazy)

• Cshel86 likes this

#3 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Spence )great talent, underrated skills... enjoys mixing it up.. Man down mentality, focused and dedicated

Lomachenko- skilled and determined... Great offense and defense

Crawford- skilled, can fight lefty and orthodox, mean streak

in that order....

Edited by MAHDI, 25 October 2018 - 04:54 PM.

• Cshel86 likes this

#4 flazi

flazi

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:52 PM

spence (same reasons listed above plus his quiet demeanor)

Wilder (fights anybody, right hand is from the devil i swear)

andrade (i just love his style)

honorable mentions:

mikey garcia and danny garcia and tank

• Cshel86 likes this

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:07 PM

1 - Errol Spence Jr  (Nice skills, power, relentless and feared by PBC welterweights)

2 - Terrance Crawford (Great skills, smart/ring IQ, switch hitter, killer instinct/F'ing mean (got that from his momma))

3 - Mikey Garcia (Smart/ring IQ, Great fundamentals/does everything well, power)

Honorable Mention: Canelo Alvarez (Ring IQ, constantly improving, power, cash cow/fan base is mad crazy)

Solid list! Question though....what type of WW will give TC problems later down the line? A busy one or one with power? I sometimes notice lags in activity when the other guy's busy. 

• KSUN247 likes this

#6 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

spence (same reasons listed above plus his quiet demeanor)

Wilder (fights anybody, right hand is from the devil i swear)

andrade (i just love his style)

honorable mentions:

mikey garcia and danny garcia and tank

Can't argue with this list. But I do have a question.....which fight made you an Andrade fan? I'm still struggling becoming a fan of his, though I followed his career early on during his Friday Night Fight days. There's always that one fight that makes you a fan of a fighter, I just wanna know. 

Hell, when I say I couldn't stand Tim Bradley early on! Daprofessor referred to one of his media training videos during the first Pacquiao fight, and I gave him a chance from then on out. He truly truly truly won my respect in the Provodnikov fight. That was more than a FOTY candidate....it showed just how gruesome this sport can be and what you have to have in you to get through fights like that.

Ruslan would've iced ANY other fighter in that first round, but Bradley proved otherwise. Til this day, I haven't seen any other fighter with THAT much dog in them. 

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

Loving the picks thus far, guys. I've already posed the question, so chime in when you're ready....what fight made you fans of the fighters you named??? This should be interesting. 

#8 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

The only pick I care to explain at the moment is Badou Jack....dude is the reason I started this thread. 

Now, when he got caught cold and stopped in round one by Derrick Edwards, most laughed and wrote him off as another bum ass TMT fighter (their words). However, dude has improved tremendously since then and it probably needed to happen that way. 

Fight after fight, I find it harder and harder to deny dude's skill level. He kept his head down and worked hard after the Edwards loss and became champ. He seems to be worth the mention, regarding a fighter under the Mayweather Promotions banner. 

Body work, movement, and the willingness to let his hands go made me a fan of his! The recent Stevenson fight did it for me, and forced to go back and carefully watch his prior fights over the years. The Lucian Bute fight aired on ShoExtreme last week and I couldn't be more impressed. 

That body work got him through it and he stayed on Bute most of the night. Paulie mentioned how great his footwork is when he steps back just enough to attack if he needs to, but keeps you out of range and makes you work harder to get inside. 

The way he handles himself in fights, says a lot about him....I just wish he'd start a bit faster early on. 

#9 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Solid list! Question though....what type of WW will give TC problems later down the line? A busy one or one with power? I sometimes notice lags in activity when the other guy's busy. 

I think a busy fighter may give him some trouble. But they gotta have some pop in their punches to keep Bud honest. Bud's chin hasn't really been tested, except by Gamboa. 

You also need to have some speed, because Bud isn't slow and can get off first and be ready to counter what you throw at him.

Also, gotta be smart. That's what separates Bud from a lot of guys. He's so smart in the ring and can adapt to whatever is going on in there. When he switches to southpaw, he throws guys for a serious loop. Guys look lost like they never fought a lefty before. If you know you got a fight against Bud coming up, you better make sure you got some lefties coming to your training camp. Just makes sense to me.

I think Spence overpowers Bud, but if he doesn't, I think Bud will try to pot shot his way to a victory.  Regardless of what he may say, he won't stand and trade with Spence. Think Bud beats all the other PBC welterweights with only Thurman, if healthy and motivated, giving him some trouble.

#10 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

The Spence type... Algeri thought he could use his legs.. we see how that worked out.. he is busy and has power in both hands. If Crawford does not get respect with punches he will be in big trouble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users