• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 08:57 AM

I'm just gonna leave this right here. This is coming from someone (Jones) who struggled with alcohol and ultimately cost him his career early on. 

Thoughts?

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 01:22 PM

Not sure until Spence is confronted on it.. Crawford has alot of cheerleaders. Spence looked great against Peterson and has shown no signs of drinking being an issue with him. I do not share people's view on Crawford. He still has not faced any of the top guys or called for them, but now he beats Spence because Spence is an alcoholic--- and even then this guy feels the fight is a pick em--I am sure Spence will speak to this

#3 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

Spence looks like he hangs around ppl who drink be he himself seems pretty focused. He's always in shape, even between fights so I really don't know how accurate or valid this assertion is. 

#4 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:31 AM

Spence looks like he hangs around ppl who drink be he himself seems pretty focused. He's always in shape, even between fights so I really don't know how accurate or valid this assertion is. 

You may want to look at his recent interviews and even the ones just a couple of weeks after the Campo fight. He definitely balloons up in weight like crazy and you can see it in his face. Tank does the same thing....these dudes walk around tipsy/drunk with fat faces. Lol

#5 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

Not sure until Spence is confronted on it.. Crawford has alot of cheerleaders. Spence looked great against Peterson and has shown no signs of drinking being an issue with him. I do not share people's view on Crawford. He still has not faced any of the top guys or called for them, but now he beats Spence because Spence is an alcoholic--- and even then this guy feels the fight is a pick em--I am sure Spence will speak to this

It's been brought up over the past couple of weeks (especially from Ward) about lifestyles and so on. You're questioning TC's resume, but Spence hasn't been put to the test to see if drinking even impacts his fight game.

I'm not trying to make much of this, but I see a lot of people running Spence defense to say what he does and doesn't do outside of the ring, but not many know for sure. If i had to believe anybody, I'd have to lean more towards what Nate is saying because I'm sure he's been around Spence more than TC. 

What if TC is the guy who pushes Spence to the limit, then what?

#6 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

It's been brought up over the past couple of weeks (especially from Ward) about lifestyles and so on. You're questioning TC's resume, but Spence hasn't been put to the test to see if drinking even impacts his fight game.

I'm not trying to make much of this, but I see a lot of people running Spence defense to say what he does and doesn't do outside of the ring, but not many know for sure. If i had to believe anybody, I'd have to lean more towards what Nate is saying because I'm sure he's been around Spence more than TC. 

What if TC is the guy who pushes Spence to the limit, then what?

Only one way to find out...Rumors of Mikey Garcia and Spence. Garcia got guts if this is true. Let's see who and what caliber the Crawford's next opponent is. 

Edited by MAHDI, 31 October 2018 - 12:48 PM.

#7 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 20,243 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

Only one way to find out...Rumors of Mikey Garcia and Spence. Garcia got guts if this is true. Let's see who and what caliber the Crawford's next opponent is. 

Well he's a TR fighter, so I'm assuming it'll be against "the best option". You know how that goes. Truthfully, I believe a lot of these major fights will happen exactly when they need to....some, not so much. 

I hear a lot of people trying to rush guys to fight Spence because they aren't sure how long he'll be able to make 147. That sounds like a Spence problem and not a boxing division issue. *shrugs*

Moreover, TC is far more active than Spence, so I won't argue with his opponent selection. We can't get upset because "nobody wants to fight Spence" when Spence is literally sitting around inactive. He's the champ ffs....he needs to be defending that title getting paid while things play out however they play out. 

I'm just not buying the "everybody's ducking Spence" talk. As far as I'm concerned, everybody else is handling their business as fighters while others enable Spence and hype him up. He needs to be more active, period. 

#8 MAHDI

MAHDI

Lightweight

• Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

Ok...I see that. Errol is younger at this point but Hopefully he gets some fights in motion He wants big fights only it seems. Ocampo was a mando

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users