175 replies to this topic

#1 sduck

sduck

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:19 AM

Fight is officially on. Who you got?

I don't want to see it, personally, feel like it's a potential mismatch. Spence is MUCH bigger than Mikey, and I feel like neither guy deserves an L at this point, so this is going to make or break either of them. Going to be sad to see who takes the L tbh. With that said, I think Spence obviously has the advantage, due to his size, so I'm scared for Mikey, but Mikey might have a bigger chance in bouncing back, because people should be aware of Spence's advantage, however if Spence loses, that might be the end of his career, and take Mikey to super stardom. So this is both a scary but interesting fight.

#2 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:40 AM

Fight is officially on. Who you got?

I don't want to see it, personally, feel like it's a potential mismatch. Spence is MUCH bigger than Mikey, and I feel like neither guy deserves an L at this point, so this is going to make or break either of them. Going to be sad to see who takes the L tbh. With that said, I think Spence obviously has the advantage, due to his size, so I'm scared for Mikey, but Mikey might have a bigger chance in bouncing back, because people should be aware of Spence's advantage, however if Spence loses, that might be the end of his career, and take Mikey to super stardom. So this is both a scary but interesting fight.

Spence is driven and people are acting like he is nothing special...lol.. he beat Peterson like a parent whooping a toddler. Spence gets hit with less than 30% of opponents power shots so all of the he has no defense is falsehood. I just watched his bout with Algeri lol.. and to think people were giving Algeri a shot because he was said to be more experienced... He was decapitated in brutal fashion. Against Kell Brookl he admitted he was not that sharp but still never lost composure in stopping Brook before having problems. Bar injury or Spence not training at all, Garcia is going to get the shit kicked out of him. Garcia said he could beat Spence easy and Spence took exception to it-- He could not KO Robert Easter or Broner- he gets walked down bar Spence injury, lack of training or Garcia becoming Mayweather in between now and fight time

Edited by MAHDI, 17 November 2018 - 10:41 AM.

• KSUN247 likes this

#3 Dolimite

Dolimite

Cruiserweight

• Members
  • 5,777 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:39 PM

Mikey doesn't have the fire power or size to keep Spence off of him. I'm trying to figure out the point of this fight. Daring to be great? I give Mikey credit but he is getting his ass handed to him. Errol ain't nice in the ring.
  • MAHDI and KSUN247 like this

#4 KSUN247

KSUN247

Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 01:06 PM

That's the beauty of it all. Most of us think Spence is gonna destroy him. But if Mikey is truly great, we are gonna watch one helluva fight. Still got Robert Garcia throwing in the towel on this one. Mikey got balls, but Spence is gonna hurt him bad en route to the stoppage.
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#5 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 06:48 PM

I truly respect Mikey for taking this fight, and normally, I'm the one to side with the fighter being slept on when they have the resume and pedigree of Mikey. That being said, I can't envision a scenario where Mikey beats Spence. It's not just that Spence hits hard. It's that Mikey, while a solid boxer, gets hit a lot more since his Top Rank layoff and Spence isn't a reckless power puncher. I see Mikey being a true pro, because he's really good, and giving Spence something to look at but the moment he gets hit, the Mexican is going to come out of him and he's going to jump into a firefight he doesn't really want part of. Unfortunately, I see this ending badly for Mikey. I think he will handle himself admirably but ultimately succumb to the physical gifts of Spence. Spence by TKO in a fight in which I envision tears from Robert who CLEARLY doesn't want Mikey taking this fight. I think he's going to be the one to stop it. 

Edited by Franchize, 17 November 2018 - 06:49 PM.

#6 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:08 PM

Mikey took this fight cause he wants to be remembered as one of the greats

Hagler was supposed to kill Leonard

Chico was gonna make pretty boy an ugly bloody mess

Oscar was supposed to destroy Shane

Hopkins was supposed to be put into retirement going up to 175

Roy was going to be bullied moving up to heavyweight

Frampton was going to be out gunned vs leo

And canelo was the Mexican to finnaly shut Floyd up

End game let's enjoy boxing for what it is, .....life and the will to continue and overcome

#7 The Original MrFactor

The Original MrFactor

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,089 posts
  • Interests:Boxing

Posted 20 November 2018 - 07:20 AM

Spence will end this within 3. Round 1 will be a feeling out round. Round 2 Spence Cranks it up and Mikey sees Canvas. Round 3 Robert stops it and Mikey's mad, but its the right thing to do. In the end, we get pissed because we paid a lot for the PPV for it to be stopped early. Mikey will not see round 4 though.

#8 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:43 AM

Mikey took this fight cause he wants to be remembered as one of the greats

Hagler was supposed to kill Leonard

Chico was gonna make pretty boy an ugly bloody mess

Oscar was supposed to destroy Shane

Hopkins was supposed to be put into retirement going up to 175

Roy was going to be bullied moving up to heavyweight

Frampton was going to be out gunned vs leo

And canelo was the Mexican to finnaly shut Floyd up

End game let's enjoy boxing for what it is, .....life and the will to continue and overcome

Problem is, in all those "shook up the world" moments, the unexpected victor is usually an ultra slick boxer. Mikey hasn't shown that since his return from that layoff. He's a hunter. Robert Garcia actually was pretty slick. I wanna see Mikey on his toes and his head moving. This may sound silly, but taking some dance lessons would be beneficial for him this camp (I've seen other fighters do it).

One thing I will say. I never thought Spence got fat between fights but CShel opened my eyes. He's kinda fat right now, which is disappointing. He has the mindset and ability to be an all time great. Hopefully he'll have the discipline.

#9 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,289 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:49 AM

Problem is, in all those "shook up the world" moments, the unexpected victor is usually an ultra slick boxer. Mikey hasn't shown that since his return from that layoff. He's a hunter. Robert Garcia actually was pretty slick. I wanna see Mikey on his toes and his head moving. This may sound silly, but taking some dance lessons would be beneficial for him this camp (I've seen other fighters do it).

One thing I will say. I never thought Spence got fat between fights but CShel opened my eyes. He's kinda fat right now, which is disappointing. He has the mindset and ability to be an all time great. Hopefully he'll have the discipline.

I just noticed it myself a few months back, because I couldn't believe it either. I don't expect fighters to walk around in fighting shape 24/7, but sheesh...you can see it in a lot of these guys' faces. 

I'm not sure what his training regimen is to lose weight, but I just don't wanna see him slacking off and getting fat between fights, simply because "he can get it off" and his abilities in the ring. We've seen it before. 

• Franchize likes this

#10 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:14 PM

He hasn't had to show it, look at who he was fighting in size comparison...also note maidana said he packs a bigger punch than you'd expect. You don't take the same game plan in for different matchups. Expect Mikey to fight from the outside intelligently

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)