• This topic is locked This topic is locked
175 replies to this topic

#91 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:05 AM

Many of these reporters are cheerleaders...Spence has called for them all though. Kell Brook was not overwhelmed by his power but succumbed nevertheless.. And the reporter made a good point, Spence has not yet had a problem making 147 so Bomac talking that shit to me represents WISHFUL THINKING in the back of his head--People are banking on Spence not being at 147 long and having to move up  as Crawford fights second tier welters exclusively lol aside from speed and a good right one two, Khan is no better than Benavidez. Maybe Crawford will have the guts to face a top welter after KhAN-  atleast call one out 

Bro, you sound just as bad as these reporters. You just really have it in your mind that everybody's afraid of Spence and you should know better by now. All you think is that he's gonna mow everybody down with body shots, but forget that styles make fights. Kinda sad on your end, but whatever. 

How many times have fans hyped up a guy as the one everybody's avoiding, just for us to find out otherwise. I'm not necessarily saying this about Spence because he is rather fundamentally sound, but I'm speaking in general. 

What happens is the public creates an unhealthy aura for certain fighters and it only goes wrong when the fighter believes it himself or herself. I remember Spence making reference to how much weight he has to cut and how difficult it can be at times. I believe it was before the Brook fight. 

Thing is, nobody's depending on him not making weight...at least that's what I got out of it. I think it's more along the lines of, "This fight may take another 9-12 months to make and he's a big WW, so he may have trouble making weight by the time the fight's announced". 

Again, we haven't seen Spence have to use the towel at a weigh-in, but as big as he gets between fights, that may be in the cards sooner or later (depending on his training and nutrition). It's like us hoping Tank fights, let's say a Miguel Berchelt next year. We know how big he gets between fights, so expecting him to be able to make the same weight for a high profile fight next year, is a lot to ask at the moment. 

#92 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

Bro, you sound just as bad as these reporters. You just really have it in your mind that everybody's afraid of Spence and you should know better by now. All you think is that he's gonna mow everybody down with body shots, but forget that styles make fights. Kinda sad on your end, but whatever. 

How many times have fans hyped up a guy as the one everybody's avoiding, just for us to find out otherwise. I'm not necessarily saying this about Spence because he is rather fundamentally sound, but I'm speaking in general. 

What happens is the public creates an unhealthy aura for certain fighters and it only goes wrong when the fighter believes it himself or herself. I remember Spence making reference to how much weight he has to cut and how difficult it can be at times. I believe it was before the Brook fight. 

Thing is, nobody's depending on him not making weight...at least that's what I got out of it. I think it's more along the lines of, "This fight may take another 9-12 months to make and he's a big WW, so he may have trouble making weight by the time the fight's announced". 

Again, we haven't seen Spence have to use the towel at a weigh-in, but as big as he gets between fights, that may be in the cards sooner or later (depending on his training and nutrition). It's like us hoping Tank fights, let's say a Miguel Berchelt next year. We know how big he gets between fights, so expecting him to be able to make the same weight for a high profile fight next year, is a lot to ask at the moment. 

Spence is not hype!!!All I know is Spence has put down 12  straight men, men who top guys like Thurman and Pac could not and only a small guy not a champ at 147 had the guts to get in with him lol bro you used the words "If he wins" before he faced  Peterson and we see how that turned out --- Man, I just see Spence as a rare talent that comes along every once and a while. I just see him as the best out there at 147 and a great talent. Mikey is called great and I happen to think Spence is greater--- It is not like I do not have evidence to support my claims. All this building up the fight shit talk by Crawford is bullshit as his people move cautiously towards a top 147 pounder. If Spence fought Khan people would be lambasting him for a soft touch

Edited by MAHDI, 12 February 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#93 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

Machine was on a roll for awhile too!!!!

He laid out Peterson faster and more brutal than Spence. So actually Spence is not that great. Peterson should never have made it past the 4th with the truth

All jokes aside

Cause in point styles make fights and your not great till you beat another great

#94 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:18 PM

Spence is not hype!!!All I know is Spence has put down 12  straight men, men who top guys like Thurman and Pac could not and only a small guy not a champ at 147 had the guts to get in with him lol bro you used the words "If he wins" before he faced  Peterson and we see how that turned out --- Man, I just see Spence as a rare talent that comes along every once and a while. I just see him as the best out there at 147 and a great talent. Mikey is called great and I happen to think Spence is greater--- It is not like I do not have evidence to support my claims. All this building up the fight shit talk by Crawford is bullshit as his people move cautiously towards a top 147 pounder. If Spence fought Khan people would be lambasting him for a soft touch

Bro, the Peterson fight was last year and you're still holding on to what I said. And who has he fought since? El Campo? C'mon now. You're jocking a guy who doesn't even fight but a few rounds a year. 

If Spence fought Khan, I, for one, wouldn't give a damn. As far as I'm concerned, it's a name on his resume....a name that he really needs. Thing is, Crawford secured that fight while Spence is doing what? Letting the fans speak for him and say everybody's running from him. 

As far as I'm concerned, the guys you're painting as "scared" or "running" are actually FIGHTING while Spence sits around and waits on them. That isn't a good look. People clowned Golovkin for his opponent selections back in the day, but at the very least, we would see him fight 2-3 times per year so it wasn't a huge deal. 

I'm just not on board with, "Everybody's still running from Spence and he's a champion" nonsense. This guy needs to fight more often, not look for one top name after another. I say that with all sincerity. We ALL want fighters to fight one big name after another, but as soon as they peak or come up short, we do them like we did Fernando Vargas. 

To me, if a guy's sitting around waiting on one big fight after another, that tells me that not everything is okay. Does he know in his heart of hearts that he's gonna struggle to make weight? To me, if a guy can comfortably make weight, then he doesn't need to come off as though he's trying to cash out by fighting one big fight after another. 

#95 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

Machine was on a roll for awhile too!!!!

He laid out Peterson faster and more brutal than Spence. So actually Spence is not that great. Peterson should never have made it past the 4th with the truth

All jokes aside

Cause in point styles make fights and your not great till you beat another great

I get this, but a guy shouldn't just sit on his ass and call out a bunch of fighters while NOT fighting. He's an active champ and should be fighting like one, not allowing these half-headed fanboys to talk him up as this great while he's, once again...NOT fighting. 

#96 MAHDI

MAHDI

Junior Welterweight

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

Spence has laid down 12 straight. If Garcia had done so people would declare him HOF material already lol Bottom line u said Peterson would be a stiff test..u were way off and will be off again. He beat the living shit out of Peterson.I just am impressed with how Spence kicks ass. Jocking??? Lol...whatever. Props to Mikey for stepping up while the others wait around for Spence to grow out of 147 or get suffer a damaged liver from drinking
  • The Original MrFactor likes this

#97 Franchize

Franchize

Light Heavyweight

• Members
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:22 AM

Who is great in the welterweight division right now? I see a lot of really good. No clear cut greats, which is why all these potential fights are compelling 

Edited by Franchize, 13 February 2019 - 12:24 AM.

• Cshel86 and AZWildCat like this

#98 AZWildCat

AZWildCat

Super Middleweight

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

All in all as much as it makes me cringe to day it ....... Thurman is top dawg till he gets beat! He toppled showtime & swift which where the two biggest names in the division. Can't take what he earned till it's taken from him.

#99 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

Spence has laid down 12 straight. If Garcia had done so people would declare him HOF material already lol Bottom line u said Peterson would be a stiff test..u were way off and will be off again. He beat the living shit out of Peterson.I just am impressed with how Spence kicks ass. Jocking??? Lol...whatever. Props to Mikey for stepping up while the others wait around for Spence to grow out of 147 or get suffer a damaged liver from drinking

I stopped reading after the bold. Sorry.

But yeah....name those "12 men"! And you know damn well most of them were showcases and I know for a fact you're gonna need to open a google tab and find their names....because they were nobodies. We laughed at Bundu when Thurman fought him, but praised Spence for knocking him out, what....nearly 2 years later? C'mon now.

People laughed at the idea of Pac/Algieri fight, but praises Spence for knocking him out. C'mon now. Everybody knew Brook was battered and complained about the WW limit, but Spence gets praise for stopping him. I give him credit for that fight, but Spence fans tend to put a little too much mustard on that win. I'll give him credit for the Peterson fight because that was his biggest test going into the fight. 

You used to be better than this, but you seem comfortable just being a fanboy. 

#100 Cshel86

Cshel86

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

• Moderators
  • 21,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:07 AM

Who is great in the welterweight division right now? I see a lot of really good. No clear cut greats, which is why all these potential fights are compelling 

Honestly, I hate the current Welterweights more than ever nowadays. To me, they get paid too much to do so little n the ring. Moreover, they're ALL with the SAME fuckin promotional company and they only get around to fighting once every 2 years, it seems. 

I don't mind them fighting other people, but dammit, fight often if you're gonna take that route. These guys are undeserving of such paydays, but you can't tell them that. As soon as they're asked about fighting x,y,z....their eyes wander and they start talking about business and so on. 

I get it, it is a business.....maybe they just need to find better ways of saying "the fight's gonna happen eventually". And out of all the Haymon fighters, it's GRJ that I despise the most. He's done dick in the sport but in his mind, nobody wants to fight him. Duh, bro....you only once every 18 months, so you're pretty much a non-factor. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users